Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Scene 2 Of My Screenplay... - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Scene 2 Of My Screenplay... (855 Views)

Poll: Rate this screenplay excerpt

Excellent: 0% (0 votes)
Very good: 0% (0 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 0% (0 votes)
Not okay: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Very good: 0% (0 votes)
Not okay: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Very good: 50% (1 vote)
Not okay: 50% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. / Excerpt Of One Of My Screenplay For Sale / Excerpts Of My Screenplay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scene 2 Of My Screenplay... by sholay2011(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2012
This is a scene from a screenplay I just finished. Please criticise constructively. thanks. wink
Scene 2
{Inside the school hall, the parents and teachers are seated on two sides with an aisle in between; though, some teachers are standing with one of them at the entrance of the hall. On a raised platform is the high table with some parents seated and the principal of Honey Bells International Secondary school seated at the centre. A male teacher walks to the podium and speaks through the microphone.}
MR. SEYE: Good afternoon, our fathers and mothers. It’s a pleasure to have another parent-teacher association meeting today. But before the meeting commences, let’s say a little prayer…
{At the school gate, a jeep cruises into the school compound. It’s now raining. After a while, a woman alights from the car, dressed very gorgeously in a lady’s suit, short skirt and a black hat. She holds out her umbrella…}
{At the school hall, Mr. Seye rounds up the prayer session and invites the principal to the podium following a round of applause.}
PRINCIPAL: {smiles} Well, I’m very happy that the Lord Almighty has spared our lives to witness the second PTA meeting of this term. It has been…
{The woman in black walks briskly towards the entrance of the school hall holding a young boy. She gets to the entrance.}
MR. DEJI: Em, you are welcome, ma. Children are not allowed in the PTA meeting. It’s strictly between parents and…
MRS. PEPPLE: Get lost! {She shoves him aside and he falls down flat! She barges into the school hall holding her child with attention now drawn to her. The principal notices her presence.}
PRINCIPAL: Em, Mrs. Pepple, it’s nice to have you here… {She ignores the principal’s welcome remark and walks up to the raised platform with her child and snatches the microphone from the principal.}
PRINCIPAL: Em…
MRS. PEPPLE: Oh, Mr. Principal, let me. You’ve been talking for ages. {Faces the parents and teachers} Sorry for the unavoidable interruption. It’s a pity that a citadel of learning of such honourable calibre would still allow herbivores to pass knowledge to innocent children. {The parents start to murmur. The Principal is confused,}
MRS. PEPPLE: Or which human being would slap a young child like this?! {Gesticulates with her child’s face} Can’t you all see the marks of the filthy thing that laid his or her hand on my child?! Can’t you see? Parents, we have to wage war against child abuse and unnecessary disciplinary measures…
PRINCIPAL: Em, Madam Pepple, why can’t we discuss this after the meeting?
MRS. PEPPLE: Sir, I don’t have time for backdoor nonsense. {Faces the parents} We can’t just open our eyes and watch our children being treated like second class citizens after paying over five times of minimum wage as school fees… {A woman stands up, interrupting her.}
MRS. ADETAYO: Madam, would you rather speak for yourself? And please, don’t blame anybody for passing across a message you refused as a parent…
MRS. PEPPLE: Excuse me? Eh, I don’t know who paid you to speak those unkind words to me but why don’t you just shut your silly ass before I treat you like the trash you are… {Some parents gasp in awe of the name-callings.}
MRS. ADETAYO: What did you just call me? Ehn? I don’t blame you but when motherly duties are too burdensome for you to discharge; you should be ready to bear the consequences. {Mrs. Kuforiji pulls her to her seat.}
MRS. ADETAYO: Salawu, leave me alone and let me face her.
MRS. KUFORIJI: Take am easy. I dey here for you. I dey put her suffer for cooler.
MRS. PEPPLE: Mr. Principal, I’m really amazed that psychos have started to grace our PTA meetings. {To her son} Who is that useless teacher that slapped you?
DAVID: Em, Miss. Evelyn…
MRS. PEPPLE: {shouts} who is Mrs. Evelyn?!
PRINCIPAL: It’s ‘Miss’…
MRS. PEPPLE: Who cares? Mrs. Evelyn?!
MISS EVELYN: {gently raises her hand} I’m here, ma.
MRS. PEPPLE: {notices her} Oh, there you are, trollop.
MRS. MOTUNRAYO: {whispers to the parent seated beside her} Seems like she has a name for everyone…
MRS. PEPPLE: ‘Miss. Evelynch’, you had the guts to slap my boy…
MISS EVELYN: Em, I’m quite sorry ma but your son literally beat up a junior to the extent of knocking out the child’s tooth! {The parents murmur and Mrs. Pepple eyes them.}
MISS EVELYN: I admit I slapped your son out of anger but I feel the parent of the boy whose tooth was knocked out should be the one… flaring up…
MRS. PEPPLE: {Chuckles} I’m flaring up? Hm? What a good explanation to vindicate evil. Are you so uncivilized that you couldn’t call me that my son did such a thing and I would reprimand him as I wish?!
MISS EVELYN: But ma, that’s why we operate a boarding system of schooling here. Your wards are at out tender care…
MRS. PEPPLE: Will you shut up before the people who added ‘tender care’ to the dictionary slap your wrinkled face? Evelyn or whatever you are called, I’m going to sue you to court. This is the last of your evil mission in this school. {Miss Evelyn looks startled.}
MISS EVELYN: Evil mission?
MRS. PEPPLE: I will ensure I bring you…down. {A woman suddenly interrupts her angrily.}
MRS. KUFORIJI: Eh-eh, mad woman, wetin be your wahala gan? You come here dey baf us with saliva as if your pikin do something wey get sense.
MRS. PEPPLE: {Looks at her from head to toe} and the snail showcases shame where animals with horns are talking…
MRS. KUFORIJI: Na u be shame. Your mama gan- shame! You com hia dey talk as if we no get mouth. Na my son your son beat but I cool temper, I no talk. You com dey behave as if ‘skanskan’ dey worry you.
MRS. PEPPLE: I beg your pardon. Who is this?
MRS. KUFORIJI: {reties her wrapper} If you get ‘were’, you no get ‘aroma’…
MRS. PEPPLE: Eh, stop there. Em…em...sch....l-let me first overlook your inability to communicate in simple English and focus on the subject matter…is it my fault that my son is stronger than yours? Hm? And I trust my son; your son must have been very rude to his senior to deserve such reward…
PRINCIPAL: Mrs. Pepple, that’s enough…
MRS. PEPPLE: Mr. Principal, if you know you are not a principality of child abuse, then let me speak because I will not open my eyes and watch incompetent teachers maltreat my son!
MISS EVELYN: Nobody maltreated your son, ma…
MRS. PEPPLE: Shut your mouth…
MRS. KUFORIJI: Shey you don finish your madness? Ehn? Let me tell you now, you are disgrace to woman. {Some parents burst into laughter.}No good mother fit talk the rubbish wey you talk here. If na my son try wetin your pikin do, I go beat am so tey. You come here come dey yarn rubbish like dog wey get rabies…
MRS. PEPPLE: Oh, that’s the last straw that broke the camel’s back. Mr. Principal, David is leaving this school today!
PRINCIPAL: Common, Madam Pepple, we can settle this…
MRS. PEPPLE: I am taking my son to a better school where students are not tortured to death in the name of discipline. Miss Evelyn, meet me in court. {She holds her son tightly and drops the microphone on the high table and starts walking out of the hall.}
MRS. KUFORIJI: Shameless woman. Hu-uh-uh-uh! Comot your pikin for here; shame on you. {The Principal signals to Miss Evelyn and she follows Mrs. Pepple outside, in the rain while Salawu continues to spew insults in rage.}
MRS. KUFORIJI: Na pikin wey get bingo brain go call you mama.
PRINCIPAL: {Picks the microphone} Em, please let there be order. Mrs. Kuforiji, can we have some quiet?
{Miss Evelyn follows Mrs. Pepple begging for her forgiveness.}
MISS EVELYN: I’m sorry ma. It wouldn’t repeat itself…
MRS. PEPPLE: {suddenly faces her} Young lady, don’t be foolish. Trust me, I’m ready to use my money and influence to deal with you.
MISS EVELYN: I just said I’m sorry.
MRS. PEPPLE: So? I don’t blame you. You don’t have a child yet; how would you know how it feels for one’s child to be maltreated?
MISS EVELYN: Don’t you think you are taking it too far, ma?
MRS. PEPPLE: What you took too far was slapping my son like the bata drum. Abi David?
DAVID: Of course, mum.
MISS EVELYN: ma, I don’t like the way you are blindly taking sides with your son. You are not making him realise what he did is wrong.
MRS. PEPPLE: Really?
MISS EVELYN: Yes. I’m sorry but this matter is just a trivial one that could be settled maturely.
MRS. PEPPLE: Of course. Why don’t you resign from this school?
MISS EVELYN: Re-what?
MRS. PEPPLE: I’m asking you to resign…
MISS EVELYN: This is going too far. Teaching is one of my numerous passions…
MRS. PEPPLE: And I hope going to prison is also one of them. I’m giving you an option now…
MISS EVELYN: You are really a bad example to mothers.
MRS. PEPPLE: Hm? You should have told me you came here to challenge my parenting skills. But believe you me; I would fight you with my popularity…
MISS EVELYN: {cuts in} Please, don’t let’s confuse ‘popularity’ with ‘infamy’… {She walks out on Mrs. Pepple and the latter angrily enters her jeep with her son and the driver zooms off!}
Re: Scene 2 Of My Screenplay... by sholay2011(m): 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2012
Pls guys, help criticise
Re: Scene 2 Of My Screenplay... by sholay2011(m): 8:29am On Jul 03, 2012
Sum1 shud pls say smth!!! In wat way can i improve?
Re: Scene 2 Of My Screenplay... by Briareos(m): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
Will be better if you attached it as a word document or pdf.

I cant really read it like this.
Re: Scene 2 Of My Screenplay... by sholay2011(m): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
@briareos...tnx for d correctn.

(1) (Reply)

VHS Skits - Lagos Big Girls Game / New Igbo TV Channel Coming Soon! / ***that Movie That Made U Laugh Out Loud**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.