Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? (20494 Views)

Things (technology) A Man Needs In His Life To Be Complete! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Rastamann: 2:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
It depends on who is using it and what it is being used for. For instance, for a 419er, it is a blessing but for the one that is duped, it is a curse! Also for an IT person it is but for someone who got sacked because he cannot cope with the technology, it is a curse.
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
*in wande coals voice* NOVICE
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
Its a blessing with its own curse. I would say a bit of both
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
slightlyMad: Technology has been both a blessing and a curse.
without tech, many industry you can think off today may be non-existent and guys like dbanj, jayz, beyonce will be local musicians in their respective countries.

Then we would have no idea how our president looks like cos there will be no picture,
and there will be no salary for the 50-man laptop team cos there will be no nairaland, no mark zukerberg, no google, no iphone, no bbm, no TV, no internet, no light.
no candles, not even shakabula cos there will be no kerosene, na Fitila we go dey fuel with palm oil
and goodluck will visit each state by foot and will have no reason to use his legendary line "I had no shoes"

The weather will be more cooler cos global warning will be millions of year in the future.
no fear of nuclear war but if you ask me sincerely, i prefer living 40 years of sweet technology than roam the planet for 80years on bare foot.

besides, am 3rd to comment. grin
pls.. dont call dbanj, jayz and beyoncee togeda in a sentence again..

nawaooo..

wetin be dbanj..

1 Like

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Capnd143(m): 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
Considering the fact that right now am reporting live with my tecno phantom A+ running on the android 4.4 OS and doing some adobe illustration with my apple laptop i would say its more of a blessing.
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by omodapson(m): 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
Technology without humanity is a curse! As long as the human side is being considered positively, it will ever be a blessing. OK?
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Omokowa(m): 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
50/50
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Feraz(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
alotofgrace: technology was the by-product during creation...Lucifer took it and gave it to those who are ready to sell their souls....so blessing initially....curse in the end...towards the ETT syndrome

gbagaun! gbagaun!!
Are you really serious about the bolded?
If yes, pls, explain...
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by plaetton: 3:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
kerijay:

Then you are prolly the real dumbest dude to say so

Prolly?
I am still searching the dictionary for the meaning.
Did you skip elementary school?
Why don't you abracadabra yourself back to the dark ages.

Apparently, your mind is stuck there'.
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by plaetton: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
Slowpokes.
Yesterday India launched a spacecraft to Mars.
And dimwits are here asking whether technology is blessing or curse?

Is it not the same god that your brains that also created the Indian brains?

But when you fall ill now, you will go to the pharmacy and buy a drug that's made in India, or travel to India for life-saving medical treatments. Something that apparently, your stone-age superstitions cannot offer you.

Siddo there de wait for rapture.
Slowpokes.
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
I would go for both because if it hadnt been a blessing i don't think you would be able to write this, cancer, aids,malaria, would'nt have been treatable, You would probably be in the farm instead on nairaland.
Secondly it is a curse because my big brother will be alive right now if those guys didnt invent cars(may his soul rest in peace), thousands of men and women will be alive. But all the same "end time things"
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
Technology is never a curse but human nature to do evil is the curse.
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by willyray(m): 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
as always blessing where would we be without it
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by trolling(m): 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
a curse then a bessing
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by ITbomb(m): 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
Like Apostle Paul did say, 'Everything is good, but I will not be brought under the power of any' , meaning I will not let any control me or be addicted to any.
Normal use is beneficial , overuse is abuse

3 Likes

Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by khattab02: 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
plaetton:

Prolly?
I am still searching the dictionary for the meaning.
Did you skip elementary school?
Why don't you abracadabra yourself back to the dark ages.

Apparently, your mind is stuck there'.
lol.. these guys eh!
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by khattab02: 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
Omokowa: 50/50
No! 75/25.
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by SAFO(m): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
One way it can be viewed as a curse is because it makes mankind weaker. Just like we're weaker than our father's generation, our children will be weaker than us and so on and so forth.

Anyone remember the movie WALL-E?
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by sarutobie(m): 6:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
When you look at how many lives technology has saved(and is still saving) in the medical field,then you will agree that it is a blessing...on the other hand,since the begining of time,when man discovers something his first thought is how to fashion it into a weapon to kill others..from sticks he sharpened it into stakes,discovered iron and sharpened it into spears,discovered gunpowder and turned it into canon balls and bullets,discovered the secrets of atoms and started manipulating it to build atomic and hydrogen bombs.But the bible said that at the end of time,knowledge and intelligence of men will increase substantially..
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by mdee1(m): 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
Without technology u wouldnt be able to post this topic doubting if its a blessing or not.No technology is bad,it's the bad things some people use it for that makes it look like it's a curse/bad.
For me,its a blessing
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by LawChick: 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
The Promise - A Nairalander gets a monthly free GIFT from mytrendyitems.com

Though its still early to decide who gets this gift for November, the selfless act of one Nairalander by name - Dryakson
has convinced us that he gets this months gift unopposed! He won because he did this -
READ ABOUT IT HERE

So Dryakson, well done to you, Nigeria needs more people like you, take it from me that you are now a Nairaland Hero. In fact you are a National hero. You can decide to follow oduz idea, or something. This thing you did needs to be promoted more then the so called STARS. The bank should had done more for you simply because your deed gives people hope, we seriously need hope in this country.

Your gift pack is ready, pls call Eno on 07031357736 to claim.

Once again, congrats!

Your Fan,

LawChick
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by tattesco(m): 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
;DI think its blessing sha. and I think its curse o. Abi grin grin
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
Tech is not only a blessing bt also part of man. The human brain can stay a second without working, the disadvantage there is to tech is how we choose to use it.
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Heliesha: 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
its a blessing
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by iamdsam: 10:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Technology has been more and more of a blessing than a curse. It has so much helped mankind that we can't go back. Technology enabled us to have a platform like Nairaland and you using your cell phone or laptop to post this topic. @op If you consent that technology is more of a curse, I'll simply advise you to stop using your cell phone, stop entering cars (walk to wherever you wanna go), and probably stop putting on clothes. Technology more of a curse keh!
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by tpia5: 10:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
Too intrusive.
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by mkoabiola: 12:48am On Nov 07, 2013
Curse now,
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by Tmonex: 1:22am On Nov 07, 2013
blessing for me..curse for many
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by NEWTONDEGREAT(m): 7:29am On Nov 07, 2013
As it stands today, the world cannot to exist without technology. The only thing there is that anything with advantages still have some lapses....then we will not say because Judas Iscariot is among the apostles then the apostles are no more true apostles.......technology demystifies the world....embrace it.
Re: Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? by superior494(m): 9:10am On Nov 07, 2013
Op nawa 2 uoo...if not 4 d technology sef, how many pple 4 see dis ur question? Ans me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Hasn't Been Invented, But Needs To Be ASAP / Amadu Ali, Snake Charmer In Nigeria / Control A Rat With Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.