Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine (5990 Views)

For Those Of You Who Love To Drive Through Flood Water / Information On Isuzu Rodeo 2001-2004 Model / Overheating Problem With My Isuzu Rodeo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by eddy42k(m): 8:53am On Jul 03, 2012
I used to believe the stunt I see dos white guy perform on screen were fake till I had an experience yesterday with my rodeo I was to go to a new site, though there was serious flood didn't know it was as deep as a well.

My rodeo was almost fully immersed to the extent my shirt was wet cos water entered up to the gear knob, mine is a manual drive. What baffled me was how can the whole engine be in water and still run fine?

I was thinking of selling it for a 4runner before but am now having a rethink on that, because she has been so kind.
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by cretin: 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
u wud hv been in deep sh,it if u turned off the engine.......its an suv, thus the ecm is inside the car and high up too.also dont rejoice yet, chk ur engine and transmission fluids for signs of water ingress
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by eddy42k(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
the engine died in the water cos of the sand its a manual drive,just a kick it came on again ,for now my window bottons have their own mind they decide wether to wind down or wing up i realy dont blame dem
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by yungboss(m): 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
hmm thank God its an suv...
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by logica(m): 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
for now my window bottons have their own mind they decide wether to wind down or wing up i realy dont blame dem
Exactly. That's where most of the problem will come from (water damage). Nearly all the electronic devices in your car might pack up within a few days (modern cars have dozens of computers and chips). I will advise you to park the car and allow it to dry out thoroughly.
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by bigfat01: 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
lol
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2012
great frontpage topic...
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by fashizie(m): 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
And trust naija flood.am sure d water ll be brown n muddy.dnt advice swimmin with an automobile.it aint a canoe.lucky u though.pray it doznt dev.issues later.i pray.
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by valencia25(m): 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
Niceone
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by ZE: 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
Same with Isuzu Trooper.That vehicle is IRON.
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by markdacas: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
Sounds like baptism to me
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by wandeay: 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
notin wil happen, jst take it to a good car wash and wash everytin including d engine, nd make sure u service it when due, its an SUV nd has some extra capabilities
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by hardbody: 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
Abeg make i hear word jare, my Montero swims across my domain everyday since it started raining and i am not jubilating, afterall, did i not see all those other effizy cars before i went and acquired the fuel guzzling machines? It is its duty to take me to wherever i want to be, whether across the white beach sands of Oniru or the dirty swampy regions of Akute. I drive like a king and pass through all terrains with no fear or let up. Thank God for SUVs sha.

1 Like

Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by jennyb2: 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
man! u were just lucky.
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by mrkels(m): 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
Same thing happened to my benz last week in benin, was completely immersed in water and it finally hit someting hard and the exhust fell off, water almost reached my shirts too, funny, I drove that car with water inside and no exhust to warri that same evening.and the car is currently with me in asaba, no hassles, I only fixed the exhust because the fuel comsumption trippled that night.

1 Like

Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by deshclones(m): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
same thing happened to me last week Saturday.....Honda pilot 2006 was partially immersed in water on the road leading to this present house lekki lagos..o boy...i underestimated the flood...the engine fired up immediately..i sharply drove to shore..see as onlookers dey hail me..like i was James bond grin grin grin...till today the ride moves just fine...and its an automatic..guess hondas are good cars....
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by Jiah011(f): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
Na wah for all these "roads" in Naija. People using their cars as boats. Maybe all those un-flyable planes can be converted to buses or submarines, lol? grin We need to fix our roads to handle floods.

2 Likes

Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by Tinyemeka(m): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ha! I won't attempt all these stunts you guys listed (especially the Mercedes guy). But of course it's an SUV with high ground clearance. With a sedan or saloon, I'd rather park somewhere because you'll look and feel very stu.pid trying to emerge from your stalled car in waist-deep water.
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by Goldenheart(m): 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
my nissan pathfinder dives deeper....jux turn on d oxygen tank...and ur gud 2 go......jk

1 Like

Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by chucky234(m): 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
Naija will never carry last,SUV now serves as boats for flooded streets. Hmmm I go try find one SUV buy ooo,who get to sell make he hala me oooo
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by jaibang(m): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
infact, i have just been wondering how my car a honda passport does the magic of moving through water like a boat, since the rain has turn my axis of Lekki into a river, my machine has turned itself into a boat and swims across without hassles. like the opp said, all my power windows now work at will.
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by eddy42k(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
honda passport isuzu rodeo are same
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
chucky234: Naija will never carry last,SUV now serves as boats for flooded streets. Hmmm I go try find one SUV buy ooo,who get to sell make he hala me oooo
grin grin
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by shagaman: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2012
Last year,i lost the brain box and all the wires ,my engine to water when my honda bull dog was submerged in water last year with that heavy rain,Thank GOD for this year where baba God answered with an SUV although it drinks fuel like beer i move like a king in the Rain now... grin
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by Fikzzy(m): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
mrkels: Same thing happened to my benz last week in benin, was completely immersed in water and it finally hit someting hard and the exhust fell off, water almost reached my shirts too, funny, I drove that car with water inside and no exhust to warri that same evening.and the car is currently with me in asaba, no hassles, I only fixed the exhust because the fuel comsumption trippled that night.

Bros, u just made my day. I'm a benz fan, and was already considering buying an isuzu because of the post, but then ur reply really made me ask myself "what in thunder was I thinking, comparing the all time best car ever made - a benz to an isuzu." May God forgive me for that contemplation.

Plus, what model is ur benz pls? An suv?
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by eddy42k(m): 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
if am buying any benze it would be that 4mattic gl450,nicest suv, saving for that dogh

1 Like

Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 15, 2012
@eddy42k,

are u in lagos?.where do u service ur rodeo,my d fuel gauge has just stop working,do u know anything that mite have gone wrong with it?.

cheers
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by Amaizu(m): 11:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
euromilion: @eddy42k,

are u in lagos?.where do u service ur rodeo,my d fuel gauge has just stop working,do u know anything that mite have gone wrong with it?.

cheers
Its a known issue on the Rodeo,change your fuel sending unit.you need to bring the fuel tank down to locate it.
Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by infolpf: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2012
Before y'all celebrate, think about this - some of the most harmful after effects of water flooded vehicles come from improper drying, leading to dangerous mould breeding in your car. Black and Green mould are incredibly dangerous when you breathe them into your lungs, with the ability to grow in your lungs! Some of the symptoms? Persistent cough resistant to medicine, upper respiratory problems that just never seem to go away.

I would be very careful if I were you, and do a proper mould remediation on your vehicle. My suggestion? Google "mold remediation vehicles" or something similar.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Isuzu Rodeo Engine Immersed In Flood Waters And Runs Fine by rekoc: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
Please can anyone tell me more about 1999 isuzu rodeo jeep, how reliable and economical is it?

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Procedure For Renewing Vehicle Plate Number? / Toyota To Take 5% Stake In Mazda, Jointly Build $1.6 Billion U.S. Plant / Bumper stickers on Nigerian roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.