Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison (9271 Views)

NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Amazing! Patients Pay Doctors To Use Surgical Equipment Atigbobi Hospital / Werewolf Boy Appeals To Doctors To Find A Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
Doctors at the University of Gottingen, Germany are about to start a clinical trial of 100 men and women where patients will receive injections of Ancrod, a drug based on the venom of the Malayan pit viper.
Daily Mail reports that the drug is being prescribed to people who have suffered from a sudden loss of hearing, or sudden sensorineural hearing loss.
In many sufferers, it seems to occur overnight, while others may notice a loud “pop” just before their hearing disappears.
Researchers now believe the condition occurs when key parts of the inner ear do not get enough oxygen, perhaps as a result of a virus or a blood vessel defect in the ear.
The drug is thought to work by thinning the blood and boosting circulation.
It has also been investigated for use in stroke patients.
http://www.punchng.com/news/doctors-to-treat-deafness-with-snake-poison/

2 Likes

Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by victichy: 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
HAppy invention, deafness would no longer be a defect. turn on the music... grin
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Chaydee(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
Cobra Poison go make sense die grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
Choice between Death and hearing!!

Nna take my ear away join.

P.S: Make una no ever try to go Nigeria clinic for this treatment o!! Make your autopsy report no read 'Cause of death as Snake bite from a Malayan Pit Viper'... Meanwhile, you no even get international Passport talkless of to go Malaysia..

1 Like

Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Odinaka00(m): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
Chai! Ope o! Thank God o! Naim be say I go begin dey hear very soon.......but how much e fit cost pesin to arrange this medicine?
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by betrani(m): 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2012
hmmmmm! see joke! i hope say una dan settle d deaf men families
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by adetunrayo(f): 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
hop the poison wont harm them
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by maclatunji: 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
Chaydee: Cobra Poison go make sense die grin grin grin

Killer!
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
Makes Sense
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by KINGwax(m): 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
Kill the patients o
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Chidex2442(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
them d play with person office! Ppl wen d survive 4rm beggin cos of deafness nko? grin
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Chaydee(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Killer!

Ooopss! What about Python?
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
Science and technology breaking new grounds!!!
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by damilola15: 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
When I first saw the title, I thought it was native doctors who would do that. It surely couldn't have been medical doctors like the quack who prescribed only Vitamin C to treat tonsillities.
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by akereconfi: 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
Scorpion sting go cure Blindness
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2012
Scientist have been analyzing the mysteries of snake venom for years.

Too Much of "Anything" can kill you, You can die from drinking to much water

Snake Venom can and will be used in the future for medicinal purposes

It can Kill and Can Cure

Cryptic Complexity ....When studied in Detail.

80 years from now people with high blood pressure will just go in the refrigerator, pour a glass a snake venom, drink it

Then go to work and on about their daily Life and Routine.

:::~~Royal Is A Futurist~~:::

1 Like

Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by supereagle(m): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
TheShopKeeper: Science and technology breaking new grounds!!!
In the western world , but in Nigeria corruption in high places is escalating.
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by DAY12(m): 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
Good news!
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by luvlydamsel: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
victichy: HAppy invention, deafness would no longer be a defect. turn on the music... grin

abeg turn the music on fast !
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Acidosis(m): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
supereagle: In the western world , but in Nigeria corruption in high places is escalating.
no sir! Corruption is not the major problem. Nigerians have done much more but you people labelled us ''juju''.
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by balogunsam(m): 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
haabaaaa..pple amaze me wen dey talk like this. the drug is based on the viper's venom meaning key compounds would have been secreted or gotten from d venom to do the treatment after its combined with other things and unlike nigeria,dese dudes graduate in testing....dey start with mice,den cats,den monkeys den humans finally....side effects will occur but none can lead to loss of lives i'm sure....

1 Like

Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by icceva(m): 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
salaksmana: http://www.punchng.com/news/doctors-to-treat-deafness-with-snake-poison/
grin angry that n̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊ more deaf? G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ news
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by trisurface: 5:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
I could cure corruption with snake poison too!
U're corrupt, I lock you in small room, say 3x3 with Gabonese Viper-Plentiful in Western Forests.
If U are alive after 2hrs, U're innocent.
If U die, We'll never know.
wink

3 Likes

Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Jeejile: 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
Are they really sure of what they are doing? I hope quest for hearing will not cause them their lives.
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by jude33084(m): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
Chaydee: Cobra Poison go make sense die grin grin grin

Hmmm! Cobra grin

You wicked sha tongue
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by jude33084(m): 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
Chaydee:

Ooopss! What about Python?

Python don't have venom, they strangulate their victim till they suffocate; that is preventing them from getting oxygen tongue
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
@ poster what kind of snake exactly
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Kristoclear(m): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
lwkmd4h.........na film o, i don watch am, only say i don 4get d title of d film. mmtchew.....dem dey joke.
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
jude33084:

Python don't have venom, they strangulate their victim till they suffocate; that is preventing them from getting oxygen tongue

....lol
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by ifyalways(f): 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
Now that its coming from "oyibo" its very cool and accepted.
I've known about snake poison used to clear ear defects since I was a child. A herbalist in my town was into that but trust the black man and self hate, the man and his medicines were most times ignored Cos he's "black, not educated and from the devil"
SMH. None but ourselves can free our mind!

1 Like

Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifyalways: Now that its coming from "oyibo" its very cool and accepted.
I've known about snake poison used to clear ear defects since I was a child. A herbalist in my town was into that but trust the black man and self hate, the man and his medicines were most times ignored Cos he's "black, not educated and from the devil"
SMH. None but ourselves can free our mind!

...lmfao@that "Devilish White Man" that yall Love to Hate.
Re: Doctors To Treat Deafness With Snake Poison by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
Snake Venom....Not Snake Poison.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

HealthPally.com on ALOMO Bitters' Ingredients| Functions| Dosage| effect / Nigeria Has Detected 49 Omicron Cases - NCDC / Weed Should Be Legalised In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.