Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Difference Between China HP And Original HP? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? (66146 Views)

Newly Arrived 16gb Flash Drive And Original Dual USB For Blackberry & Iphones / Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? / Original Hp Battery Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by edrich: 11:31am On Jul 04, 2012
pls i need someone to tell me how to find the difference between china hp and original hp and does china hp have original?
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by doofanc: 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
The price, basically. China products are usually cheaper. Other than that its difficut to spot the difference even if both products are kept side by side.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Joe50(m): 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
what product in HP?
Laptop? Or printer? Which one.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
considering the fact that 90% of laptops are made in china in the first place . . .

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by blackboi(m): 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
My few observation about China HP:

China HP is very noisy (like chinko phones)
the casing is "extra-glossy"
it generates more heat in few minutes after start-up

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by charlesdike: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
just ask d peson seling d shit na

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by wandeay: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
always buy frm a certified hp dealer or take along an engineer wen abt 2 buy

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
Methinks all HP products are outsourced to China, so invariably HP is China built. Safe to always buy any product from Authorized dealer for ingenuity and warranty purpose
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by abbey2kool: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
Are talking about fake HP? Original Hp is now produced in china by Hp Inc. Just check ur products info, laptop for example is made in China and later shipped to Uk/Us/Dubai for preloading.
You just have to shine ur eye and buy common models from real dealers.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
blackboi: My few observation about China HP:

That's right.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Xionez(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
The smell alone might tell you. Sniff the vent of the laptop, if it has a strong heavy metal smell like burnt plastic, its probably chinko.
Also check for any defects on the laptop like rough edges,ugly stickers, creaking hinges etc.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by dapo338(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
Most of all electronics are from China, U might be lucky sumtimes.... If u wanna be on the safer side, buy from Hp dealer where you can be given real waranty.... Even Nokia accessories are all from China.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by giddygtbank(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
Which one be China or original? Instead make u say China or US or u say fake or original. China no get original? tongue
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nwoka(m): 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
shocked omg there's now chinko hp
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by djojo(m): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
@pooster
Many HP laptop in nigeria is from china, cos the main product is very scarce and triple the price of. China price.
I got my HP Xseries Pro last two month from authorised dealer which they told me there is warrantee on it for a year for 90,000 and I was happy that I av gotten an. Original laptop but I was surprised when I took it to my engineer, he told me it was china and I almost fainted cos it took me months to save that money but my engineer told me it was okay since I got it from authorised dealer and he told me that is only wat I can Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ inn nigeria unless I av someone abroad that can get it for me.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by betrani(m): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2012
edrich: pls i need someone to tell me how to find the difference between china hp and original hp and does china hp have original?
I'm a toshiba fan! Recently I decided to try Hp, cos my experience with toshiba is that it actually doesn't boast of the battery power HP has! So I decided to try Hp gb6! 4gb RAM and 500gg HDD! I decided to by this because a friend of mine got a 8gb RAM and 750gb HDD from london for approximately 145K! I knw d prices won't b d same in the first place! I was estimating 120 for my spec! When I set out to get this system! One shop was offering it for 98k(HP gb6; 4gb RAM, 500HDD) and d other 120K(HP gb6; 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD) is it that d first shop is offering me a china HP? Can any one save me?
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by abbey621(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
Before you buy any laptop, make sure you look at the service tag number and serial numbers, go to the manufacturer's website and view the warranty on it, if it is genuine, it would still have most of it's warranty left, if it's fake or China made, it would not have any warranty from the manufacturer but beware most laptops are made from china including the originals.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Scarpon(m): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2012
any thing China is written made in china
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Ryabcool(m): 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
Nwoka: shocked omg there's now chinko hp
shocked what planet are you from? shocked
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Bright2(m): 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
@ op u never ready to buy HP computer!

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by denny4ril: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
coolLaptop recommendations:
1. Lenovo ideapad (6hrs battery discharge time),
2. Dell D620 with 9 cell battery (4 hrs battery discharge time)
3 . Acer timeline X (8hrs battery discharge time)
4 .Asus U3200s (6hrs battery time)

These are American and UK laptops and very rugged machines, not easily faked.

I am presently using Dell D620 for the past 3 years and no shaking.

My first laptop was HP DV5 which lasted for 3 MONTHS
THINK BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEST LAPTOP. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
The truth of the matter is that HP has a china office and I must say that is where majority of the laptops are produced. The laptop am using now was bought in usa from a hp authorised dealer but when I turned the back I see Product Of China written there. China has quality products that is of high quality even they exports to us and other country, why it looks like they don't have good quality products is because of the way Nigerian importers presented them to us.

If a nigerian importer wants to buy for example a television set, they will go to china and ask the manufacturer to reduce the quality to make it affordable for them to cover up their expenses, that's it bro.

Just go to any distributor, you can find there addresses from the hp website

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by chucky234(m): 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2012
giddygtbank: Which one be China or original? Instead make u say China or US or u say fake or original. China no get original? tongue
Na by force to comment,mumu wey no know anything.
Which one be US,dem dey manufacture laptops for US? Why comment on what know nothing about,mumu-maga.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by betrani(m): 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
denny4ril: coolLaptop recommendations:
1. Lenovo ideapad (6hrs battery discharge time),
2. Dell D620 with 9 cell battery (4 hrs battery discharge time)
3 . Acer timeline X (8hrs battery discharge time)
4 .Asus U3200s (6hrs battery time)

These are American and UK laptops and very rugged machines, not easily faked.

I am presently using Dell D620 for the past 3 years and no shaking.

My first laptop was HP DV5 which lasted for 3 MONTHS
THINK BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEST LAPTOP. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!
Any idea as regards d prices (don't forget relate same to; RAM, HDD, and Battery)! For LENOVO; No(the company has its number on assembling plant in Chinawink possible to ve a fake)
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by bernieamce: 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
pls how do i post tips discovered from my other research on NL?
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by chucky234(m): 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
All the laptops used around the world were manufactured by companies in China including all Apple products with Iphone and Ipads inclusive(made by Foxconn), the only companies parts of their laptops are Asus,Sony and Toshiba.
US IT multinationals like Dell,HP,Gateway and Apple have their products manufactured by third party companies in China,they have no manufacturing plants in China as many of you claimed in your posts.
Products manufactured for HP,Dell and Apple used to have the inscription Made in USA but the Chinese govt became wiser and pass a law that mark all products manufactured in China as "Product of China", that's why you on the back of iphones "Design in US assembled in China" but the truth is that the iphones were designed and manufactured by a Chinese company called Foxconn.
80 percent of all electronic gadgets,clothing,shoes and toys in the US and Canada were manufactured in China, we have wrong perception of Chinese made goods in Nigeria because of the substandard products being ship from China by our dubious importers.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by chucky234(m): 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
Scarpon: any thing China is written made in china
Another Azonto dancing mumu
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by jerryben12: 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Price and where you buy from
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by kokosheen(m): 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
@OP, please save your money and buy apple (Macbook pro or Air). The day u use one, u'll find it very hard to go use inferior product like HP. I've a HP laptop somewhere in my wardrobe (of all places abi?) cos I just got tired. It heats up, battery life is scrap, it hangs when playing games with heavy graphics, and the list goes on.
Get a Mac (Pro or Air), partition the darn tin and run both MAC & Windows OS on it. My take sha.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by Olanirans(m): 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2012
Source of purchase is very essential. Ensure you get a genuine supplier of UK brands of HP laptops, that way you will be sure of getting original one.

And please remember to ask for at least 6 months warranty.
Re: Difference Between China HP And Original HP? by falansa: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
blackboi: My few observation about China HP:

same experience with my laptop.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Computer Professional Body In Nigeria / Sending Executable Files Through Gmail / Come in for laptop replacement battery⚡⚡ deals in Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.