Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Kevin Luciano Arrested? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kevin Luciano Arrested? (4350 Views)

Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt / Esojay Luciano: The Luciano Effect Mixtape(classick) / Who Is Esojay Luciano? This Guy Is The Best: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kevin Luciano Arrested? by radiodj(m): 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2007
On Thursday 29th Nov., i got an sms from Dejo-Richards claiming that he had the CEO of Questionmark records - Kevin Luciano Gabriel - arrested for attempted murder. That was at 2.49pm.
At 11.22pm, I got another from him claiming that Kevin had been bailed by his lawyer.

Dejo-Richards was in a joint venture deal with Kevin Luciano to turn around the fortunes of Questionmark and was MD until the falling apart.

Richards claims to have initiated The Unilag Awards, the release of Silver Saddih's album, and a better perception of Qmark.

Can anyone verify this? And his claim that Kevin ran Qmark aground before the JV, and tried to malign his reputation as he claimed he did to others, justify his having him arrested and charged to court? He claims a gun was pulled on him.
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by Rapsody(m): 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2007
Is there any evidence against the accused?
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by OEPHIUS(m): 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2007
Not so good with legal terms but going by the poster then the charge should have been asualt with a deadly weapon and still the issue of assualt does not come in cos no harm was done
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by 9ja4eva: 11:58pm On Dec 03, 2007
Who is dis guy?
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by zigbo(f): 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2007
9ja4eva:

Who is this guy?

i swear, who the guy be
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by nguage(m): 2:22am On Dec 05, 2007
sounds like the Naija version of the Damon Dash/ Jay-z beef.
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by OEPHIUS(m): 10:44am On Dec 06, 2007
i swear, who the guy be

the CEO and All in All of qmark records

which include artists like mode 9 and i think street monks
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by youngdigi(m): 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2007
what artists are under QMark Records?
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by 9ja4eva: 7:16am On Dec 11, 2007
Silver Saddih i think
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by pheesayor(m): 11:36am On Dec 11, 2007
Silver saddihh, modenine, streetmonks just left. I thin kevin has a problem. He left mtv after almost ten years to "creat a home for nigerian artistses", he started well wit d qmark all stars song but since then its been one scandal or the other
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by PoDeep(m): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2007
So who's unda his label now??
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by latent(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2007
yeah life goes on. artist comes artist goes, the game point make money or u are out of business
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by Rapsody(m): 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2007
@Po deep

Mode 9, Silver Saddih & Asa are presently under d label!
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by PoDeep(m): 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2007
But d poster above me said they all left.
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by A40(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2007
Who cares tongue
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by Rapsody(m): 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2007
@Po deep
They havent left,2 d best of my knowledge.
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by Mustay(m): 10:03pm On Dec 12, 2007
Idon't understand that guy.

all 'em musicians claim the guy hasbeen threatening to kill them.

from streetmonks to Asa to them them wink

I heard Asa relocated 'cos of him
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by Mustay(m): 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2007
Rapsody:

@Po deep

Mode 9,

Silver Saddih & Asa are presently not under d label!

I watched Asa's interview and she complained biterly about not being able 2 expres herself under him
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by Mustay(m): 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2007
The current brouhaha rocking Questionmark records took an ugly, unforeseen dimension when on Friday November 30, members of the police force stormed Kevin Luciano’s Parkview estate, Ikoyi residence for a thorough search, following allegations by Dejo Richards that the questiomark boss had assaulted him with a gun.
According to a reliable source, Kevin had earlier been arrested after Richards made a formal complaint to the police (Zone 2, Onikan, Lagos).
Dejo Richars, until recently the CEO of Questionmark Records alleged, in text messages to journalists and a formal complaint to the police, that Kevin harassed him after a disagreement that got out of hand. ‘he slapped me, and pointed a gun at me’, he said.

In the SMS which is being circulated, Richards writes ‘I fight a just course. Kevin slapped me, punched me and pointed a gun on my face. Maybe because I argued with him over his excesses’.

Dejo Richards was introduced to the media few months back as the new CEO at a press conference where the label washed its hands of Streetmonks following what it termed ‘anti company activities’. The label has been locked in a bitter battle with Streetmonks ever since. The three year-old label owned and run by Luciano also has scores to settle with Asa, Cobhams, Wale Otegbola and Gbenga Shokefun – all of whom had at one time or the other enjoyed a sweet romance with Kevin and his label.

However, despite Richard’s allegations, sources told me that the police found nothing incriminating when they searched the bachelor’s home on Friday November 30.

‘I really don’t want to talk about this. I’m not a controversial person. People think I am, but I’m not’, Kevin said soberly last week. ‘Dejo is my younger brother’s friend. I gave him six month’s probation and when the six months was over and he didn’t live up, we asked him to go…’
Re: Kevin Luciano Arrested? by Mustay(m): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2007

(1) (Reply)

The Best West-African Musicians? / Nursery/kindergarten Songs / Music Video - Bracket Ft 2 Face Idibia Remember (yori Yori Rmx.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.