Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? (9644 Views)

How Can I Handle An Intruding Mother? / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by obaf(m): 6:31am On Jul 06, 2012
It all started last year Dec,2011. My junior brother in law 27yrs, started behaving somehow, collecting money from everyone,borrowing & taking out all his life savings, he operate a small dry cleaning shop. Till like march,2012. He'd collected their house rent kept in his care & some other money because he still stay with my mother in law in pretense that a friend of his sent him a container of Plasma TV & he has done all d paper work, he doesn't disclose or discuss with anybody or other siblings, will just say he's coming! He has a business to quickly handle. We even thought it has all die down by that March/April. Only for him to start looking for money again, begging around, after he'd spent like 800k or more on what we can not see,because he keep saying the proceed from the business will soon come out, as an adult, we gave him privilege of doubt. Only for him to be looking for more money.
After the whole pressure on d family for house rent & other wahala that I know it'll bounce on me at the end, went to see him where I ran to, he ran out of the house when question was getting to much. Gave him my trust, that its no problem, he then open up, that there's no container anywhere.
That one day in Dec,2011, he met a man around Ijaye,lagos that told him he had spiritual problem & he followed to Sango Ota ( probably under spell) they gave him some spiritual stories, he needs cleansing & all sort of rubbish, so they started collecting money from him, they will buy black horse for him, bury d head,so he kept looking for more money, keep taking it to them. His head is still not clear. He now said they showed him d money they made for him but he needs 200k to mix with d money so he'll have a lot of money! That's what he's looking for now. I didn't condemn him, I had to make him trust me to open up, so I told him, I'll give him 200k on friday,cos he said he doesn't have to take it to them, they asked him to place in it in 4 corners of his room, & he'll come next day to come pick money that he'll mix with it(foolish thing).

Pls this is where I need help, 1. Pls do I get the 200k, so he can trust me more & be able to take us to the place on Sat?
2. Do I report at the police station? Which I know if I do, the case is dead from beginning because the man has enough money to throw around, he will just get bail from police & go free after a day, & I don't think I have time to follow any case up.
3. Do I just get Mobile Police Men, go to the d place in a Commando style, harrass the man, get all d money we can from him at that point. If he can't part with some, deal with him, beating & destroy some of his properties & leave.
4. My brother in law's head is not clear yet, I believe he's still under their spell, because he still beliefs that there's still money somewhere waiting for him.

Pls help I need suggestions & help desperately, before I take any action. I need to deal with d people even if we are not going to get the money back, because if we take it to police station, they will kill the case, & the guy will continue destroying people's lives.

1 Like

Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by obaf(m): 6:47am On Jul 06, 2012
Pls help me get this post to the front page, I really need help on this today before something goes wrong!
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by Yeske2(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2012
The fact he said the money would be placed in the four corners of his room and not taken to them, give him the money but make sure he doesn't leave the house under any pretext. You must equally inform the police or mopol so that they can lay ambush when you all leave for the place. Good luck.
Front page please

1 Like

Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by tessybaby(f): 9:13am On Jul 06, 2012
OMG
please do everything and anything you can to get
all or part of the money he has given those theives
and monitor ur bro in law's movements
i wish you goodluck.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by cog1: 10:07am On Jul 06, 2012
Dealing with scammers is not easy esp cases like this
I don't know your financial strenght but you may have to plant a
Device on your brother to capture their conversation because I
Would have suggested the commando style but the scammer can turn around to
Press charges and claim damages claiming he is innocent & U already
Said you don't have time for case.
Alternatively go to all these phone guys and get a phone that can record
Conversations and make a gift of it to your brotherinlaw then
Convince him to try and negotiate something lower with them.
Give him the lower one, if he says he can't, make him understand you are trying to
Help but he's making it difficult for you,convince him till he does
Now you can part with a lower sum not 200k(Jesus Christ!),
Now armed with the phone evidence of negotiations alone even without parting
With anything you can go in commando with your inlaw in toe,so even if they press charges u have evidence
But don't reveal your plans to him until you are in the army van with him when you need the
Address of the place or ask him before the day with style
So he'll see they are nothing but crooks
He should call them in your presence so you have your evidence,postpone giving him the money
Go for the phone first,its not too expensive.
Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by obaf(m): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2012
So many people are telling me i cant get anything back, but i like the style @cog1 said. that there's no justice in scams like this, because they work directly with police, that i should just go and work on my bro in law to clear his eyes and move on. that if i go in commando style, it can turn out to be a big problem, and counter productive, which will be a big mess, which i dont think i need.
2 things i want to achieve,
1. get my bro in law back in good state. and
2. Get these guys punished at least to some extend even if i can recover the sum.

please will still appreciate more ideas
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by ifyalways(f): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
Depends on who you know and where u are.Had i been in your shoes i'll coerce the boy to atleast spill the location orcontact of those guys thenvisit them with badddd boys.I love to cure all evil with evil when it comes to scam.
I wont give him a penny either.Forget all the story of he's placing it in his room,he would take it to them.If you must give,arrange for some fake notes.

2 Likes

Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by tasandra: 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
@ ifyalways..good 1 there.so,mumu still dey 9ja na wa oo.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
Na wa ooo
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2012
This is where sting operation comes in handy.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by obaf(m): 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
of cos i didnt buy the story of put money in four corners of the room, i know, they just want to know he has the cash on him, so they can tell him to bring it the next day so as to collect the big money. Risk am not ready to take even if am following him.
The only mumu thing the boy did was to follow them and even listen to them in the first place, after then, everything seems not to be ordinary anymore.
have been advice to let go of the case, and just find a cure for him to come to his senses, that he's been duped.
we live in a wicked world, have been hearing all these kind of gist, never expected it to happen to someone close to me like this and police can not do anything about it, unless am ready to stress myself and might not or will not get anything out of it. embarassed
just wish i can get to punish those people. even if i cant get the money.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by ifyalways(f): 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
Story story!
So now you wat to just leave him to his fate?kai.Listen,this Naija na jungle,to survive one must be posh and rough.No two ways about it.You cant organise some bad boys eh?Upon all the red eye guys wey full town dey find job?No one for the whole of your family can arrange "boys" to catch and deal with the bloody scammers?See?they'll go free now and continue scamming others.With 20 to 30K,you should be able to get 7 boys to get those fvcktards.See as my body dey vibrate here.lol
Be aware that not providing funds for him wont "stop" the jazz or "end" your bros jonzing.Those guys can be desperate oh,if he goes to them empty handed they might get mad and . . .God forbid bad thing sha.

2 Likes

Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by 2mch(m): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
ifyalways: Story story!
So now you wat to just leave him to his fate?kai.Listen,this Naija na jungle,to survive one must be posh and rough.No two ways about it.You cant organise some bad boys eh?Upon all the red eye guys wey full town dey find job?No one for the whole of your family can arrange "boys" to catch and deal with the bloody scammers?See?they'll go free now and continue scamming others.With 20 to 30K,you should be able to get 7 boys to get those fvcktards.See as my body dey vibrate here.lol
Be aware that not providing funds for him wont "stop" the jazz or "end" your bros jonzing.Those guys can be desperate oh,if he goes to them empty handed they might get mad and . . .God forbid bad thing sha.

They will kidnap him if he goes empty handed, and either use him for something or have the family pay for his release. Or the guy might get desperate and start robbing his own family memebers. I know people this has happened to. People close to me for that matter, very credible professional and successful people. They dont stop until those people let them go and most of the time they have no idea what they are doing. This one na jazz live. He should agree to give the guy the money on account that he meets this people because he is interested in the same scam. You pay correct mopol to meet you there. As you reach the place, Mopol surround their hideout, pounce on them and beat the living day lights out of them. Make sure they are arrested and refund every thing they collected from the guy. The guy is not operating with his senses in tact. He might get desperate and do something that will tear your family apart under the direction of these people if you dont act. I hate scammers and will do anything to deal with them too. grin grin grin. No Monkey dey work and baboon dey chop for my side sha.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by cog1: 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2012
Op you misunderstood me,this is a summary of another method,
(I'm not advising you to work on your inlaw because you said he's hooked,)
1)Make arrangements down with the police and alert them when you are leaving
for the place so they follow,don't alert them in front of your iaw,
2)Go with your inlaw to the place
3)Make arrangement for them to barge into the place like 5mins after you guys are in there,phone
them when you are about to enter the street or closeby or wait at a safe distance till they
come,then start going to the place,don't let your inlaw understand he may turn round to alert them,
4)This will ensure that there are witnesses to the scam act,
5)Thereafter they will be prosecuted,don't take the law into your hands,
6)Your inlaw will naturally come round after this, as in, his eyes will be opened.

1 Like

Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by Odunnu: 8:34pm On Jul 06, 2012
jennykadry: Na wa ooo
so the thing 'kuchirigi onu?' lol.
@OP: how could you even suggest giving him N200k on top the one they'd stolen/scammed already? Kai! Dem bewitch you sef join?
If you know how you got him to open up, go on and make him tell it all to you then act.

2 Likes

Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
Your brother is just being greedy.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by andyanders: 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
Pure 419, he is a greedy person and pls do not give him a dime. Contact EFCC and incident the case, they will give you marked money to get them arrested.

1 Like

Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by dayokanu(m): 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2012
report to HE F CC
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by damoskiy(m): 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
try and get some mopol like 5 give them like 20k each or find like 10 boys and give them the 20k wit new cutlass in their hands.storm the place i bet you they would surrender all.but before doing that get the number of people that are involved in the scam.if its like 3-4 people than you can do what i told you.but if they are more than that then involve mopol ooooooooooo.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by brownlord: 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
cog1: Op you misunderstood me,this is a summary of another method,
(I'm not advising you to work on your inlaw because you said he's hooked,)
1)Make arrangements down with the police and alert them when you are leaving
for the place so they follow,don't alert them in front of your iaw,
2)Go with your inlaw to the place
3)Make arrangement for them to barge into the place like 5mins after you guys are in there,phone
them when you are about to enter the street or closeby or wait at a safe distance till they
come,then start going to the place,don't let your inlaw understand he may turn round to alert them,
4)This will ensure that there are witnesses to the scam act,
5)Thereafter they will be prosecuted,don't take the law into your hands,
6)Your inlaw will naturally come round after this, as in, his eyes will be opened.

Those guys are too smart for this, if the guys calls them that the money is available, after the first night they give him story why the money could not vanish and ask him to bring it, before he will get to where they are, they must have observed him from afar or probably take him to several location to ensure he is not coming with police, moreso that guy cannot go with anybody, if she wants to go with him the guy will definately refuse because they would have instructed him not to let anybody know about the deal and he too would also want to surprise the family by getting rich over night, em na olodo
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by vizion: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
Bros no forget sey this guy na your Brother-in-law, better involve at least one trusted person from his direct family, cause if kasala burst, you are strictly on your own. Even your wife fit disown you

4 Likes

Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by brownlord: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
This are the kind of case EFCC can handle and not that of Facroock and Otedola, so you can go inform them and i sware within 12 hours they would have taken the case to court, useless EFCC
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2012
Provide him some money, say 50k, and promise him u are working on the rest. Ur jazzed broda will inform them, and d greedy scammers will try come for it. I strongly suggest u inform d police, cos when they see police wahala they go fear. U sure are going to tip d police and promise them a part of what u get back from d scammers. Trust me d scammers will do anytin to get out of jail, when they know they've been caught! This is Nigeria a land where anytin goes. Use dis option ok. Lastly, ur broda needs serious prayers to set him free from dis hypnotists. Go to a prayerful church, maybe cac or mfm. All d best.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2012
I advise you report this to the police and take your bros to church 4 prayers...goodluck
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by uhuns: 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
en guys

from all the posters, i can positively assume that you guys are not responsible to a least one soul.( no kids or wify)

@biner i quite agree with your submission i.e, church 90 % and police for record purpose.

you can not fight a spiritual battle with a physical one

i have a similar case the scammers went free thrust police.

my man is now blind today after battle with illness for 3yrs.

i have 22yrs working experience , i guess i should know what i am saying.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by elari(m): 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
u neva can tell! Sumtin tells one of the scammers involve is here on nairaland.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by MizEmerald(f): 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
Placing money in d four corners of the room..very familiar lines,i didn't loose much money cos i wasn't under a spell.it was just curiosity dat made me lose d said amt which was abt 5k..i believe he's been btrainwashed,there's notin spiritual abt it,go there wit police first.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
You no get area boiz for your yard?! Abeg, organise drinks for awon boiz, carry like 10 to 15k top am, dem scammers will scurry around like trapped guinea pigs. You wan involve police? shey the same naija police?! Epe lafi nwo epe (na curse dem dey take clear curse).
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by alaoeri: 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2012
But what if the scammers are reading this post. cry

1 Like

Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by zeklng(m): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
guy. These people are professional. They can even physcally attack your family, they even use magic powers. They might have brainwashed ur in-law......so any action you may take can cause very problem between you and ur in law. So what am saying is sort it out first with him before confronting them else your in law will fall ur hand
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by Jibwillz: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
Billyonaire: This is where sting operation comes in handy.
And otedola's expertise z nt far fetched, as an eye opener 2 cases lyk diz.
Re: Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? by eledalo: 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2012
Give him a big SLAP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Describe Your Mum In Two Words: / I'm Pregnant / Share Your Regret About Christmas Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.