Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. (6585 Views)

Corps Member Dies At Enugu Orientation Camp / How I Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp For A Bank Interview / Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by Tiana155(f): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2012
My fellow corp members, how is enugu camp for you? i am currently serving in enugu state, but the stress is killing me, climbing those high hills every single time is killing lawd! I cant wait for this three weeks to come to an end. Well that's how it is for me, how about you?
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by bluebarz(m): 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
Serving in enugu state is one of the greatest things I can remember. I loved awgu camp so much. The hills, the mountains, the terrains, the hidden stream where torch light is forbidden.... Awgu camp was fun for me last year especially when Elder Joshua Olowokere was still the state coordinator. So what batch are you @Tiana?
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by Tiana155(f): 9:59am On Jul 12, 2012
It funny how you enjoyed it, i'm seeing no fun at all, the soilders are very harsh, the stress is so much. i am currently with this batch b. I have'nt seen any hidden stream.
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by bluebarz(m): 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
The soldiers during my batch were not harsh atall and they were very friendly. The hidden stream is off that hilly road dat descends down to that guest house before the parade ground, just by the cassava farms on ur right. That's where those laundry boys and girls go to do corper's laundry. Awgu was fun, most especially the mountaineering. Guess it wasn't fun for u becos of the new state coordinator.
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by nat138: 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
@Bluebarz what batch were/ are you? I am batch C, did my orientation camp at Awgu, I didn't find that place funny one bit. I enjoyed the mountaineering, that must have been one of the best parts of camp for me. Everything else was just blah. The poor sanitary facilities in the camp was another story.

Yeah Elder Olowokere was the main G, a father to the core and I remember our camp commandant that we had to shout "God bless you sir" to every morning and evening. Lol, I think his name is Capt OgunMakinwa or so, can't really remember his name now. But the staff in camp were generally nice.

@Tiana what hostel are you in? I stayed in Ojukwu bunker 2 hostel, kai that is another story entirely. Don't worry those soldiers will soon get tired, na initial gra gra dey do them.

Have a good time and try and make friends, it helps ease the tension
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by bluebarz(m): 6:24am On Jul 13, 2012
nat138: @Bluebarz what batch were/ are you? I am batch C, did my orientation camp at Awgu, I didn't find that place funny one bit. I enjoyed the mountaineering, that must have been one of the best parts of camp for me. Everything else was just blah. The poor sanitary facilities in the camp was another story.

Yeah Elder Olowokere was the main G, a father to the core and I remember our camp commandant that we had to shout "God bless you sir" to every morning and evening. Lol, I think his name is Capt OgunMakinwa or so, can't really remember his name now. But the staff in camp were generally nice.

@Tiana what hostel are you in? I stayed in Ojukwu bunker 2 hostel, kai that is another story entirely. Don't worry those soldiers will soon get tired, na initial gra gra dey do them.

Have a good time and try and make friends, it helps ease the tension

@nat u are really a batch C corper like me. I can't forget that Capt Ayodele watever is in the middle ogunmakinwa God bless u sir. Talkless of my main man RSM (he calls me bier bier cos I had long goatie back den) and when he was pissed of he'll tell us " you will suffer like lucifer". Remember the great khali too? Dat huge soldier. I stayed in hostel M. While hostel K was always the hostel dat suffered in the hands of RSM. Maybe u can remember one guy hu won a DVD on MTN night then also won a PHONE during the dance competition on campfire nyt hosted by airtel (that guy is me). Olowokere was a real father, esp the way he handled those guys who stole a blackberry in camp. Camp was fun for me cos I came prepared for irregularities. Abi was it the mami mkt and alomo tins or the short putting behind hostel K? It was generally fun for me oh. I have full video coverage of all my activities in awgu camp. And for that stream it was a hidden thing, it only took guts for us to always sneak, go der and hav a sweet cool bath without bodering to hassle for water. Remember wen the tanker fell down too and crushed peoples fones where they where been charged? It affected my Bold 2 and Nokia E75 in the charging zone also. Maybe we should include pictures here for clarities.
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by Tiana155(f): 5:05am On Jul 14, 2012
@bluebarz, it's funny how you had fun in awgu camp, i could tell from your words, you really went prepared, although we have some corpers here who are having fun as you had. But not me. @nat, i'm in female hostel E, i didnot enjoy the mountaineering i had a sprained ankle and my trouser tore straight up embarassing, I agree with you the sanitary facilities is very very poor, The security also very poor. BUT THE VIEW I LOVE IT! The hills i mean.
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by bluebarz(m): 10:33am On Jul 14, 2012
Tiana155: @bluebarz, it's funny how you had fun in awgu camp, i could tell from your words, you really went prepared, although we have some corpers here who are having fun as you had. But not me. @nat, i'm in female hostel E, i didnot enjoy the mountaineering i had a sprained ankle and my trouser tore straight up embarassing, I agree with you the sanitary facilities is very very poor, The security also very poor. BUT THE VIEW I LOVE IT! The hills i mean.

That's life for u. Atyms u just hav to mek the best out of the dire and absurd situations you find urself in. Dats wat I did and I started liking it.
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by nat138: 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2012
Tiana155: @bluebarz, it's funny how you had fun in awgu camp, i could tell from your words, you really went prepared, although we have some corpers here who are having fun as you had. But not me. @nat, i'm in female hostel E, i didnot enjoy the mountaineering i had a sprained ankle and my trouser tore straight up embarassing, I agree with you the sanitary facilities is very very poor, The security also very poor. BUT THE VIEW I LOVE IT! The hills i mean.

EYya babes, these things happen. Well just one more week to go and you are out. This last week, everything automatically calms down, and it's more relaxing. Yeah the Awgu view is beautiful if you are a lover a nature, you will appreciate it more. Awgu camp must be one of the most porous security wise.

bluebarz:

@nat u are really a batch C corper like me. I can't forget that Capt Ayodele watever is in the middle ogunmakinwa God bless u sir. Talkless of my main man RSM (he calls me bier bier cos I had long goatie back den) and when he was pissed of he'll tell us " you will suffer like lucifer". Remember the great khali too? Dat huge soldier. I stayed in hostel M. While hostel K was always the hostel dat suffered in the hands of RSM. Maybe u can remember one guy hu won a DVD on MTN night then also won a PHONE during the dance competition on campfire nyt hosted by airtel (that guy is me). Olowokere was a real father, esp the way he handled those guys who stole a blackberry in camp. Camp was fun for me cos I came prepared for irregularities. Abi was it the mami mkt and alomo tins or the short putting behind hostel K? It was generally fun for me oh. I have full video coverage of all my activities in awgu camp. And for that stream it was a hidden thing, it only took guts for us to always sneak, go der and hav a sweet cool bath without bodering to hassle for water. Remember wen the tanker fell down too and crushed peoples fones where they where been charged? It affected my Bold 2 and Nokia E75 in the charging zone also. Maybe we should include pictures here for clarities.

How on earth could I forget our RSM, that man speaks almost all the Nigerian languages. Just tell him where you are from and he automatically switches to your language.
Well I didn't attend most of the social events in camp jare, couldn't just be bothered with them after a tiring day. I just attended the Miss Indomie contest and the debates cos I was to represent my platoon for the debate but lost my voice that night! Lol. Then I attended the bonfire solely because we were forced out of the hostel.
But I was a frequent mami market goer, I never tasted any food from camp kitchen throughout my 3 weeks there.
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by bluebarz(m): 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2012
nat138:

EYya babes, these things happen. Well just one more week to go and you are out. This last week, everything automatically calms down, and it's more relaxing. Yeah the Awgu view is beautiful if you are a lover a nature, you will appreciate it more. Awgu camp must be one of the most porous security wise.

How on earth could I forget our RSM, that man speaks almost all the Nigerian languages. Just tell him where you are from and he automatically switches to your language.
Well I didn't attend most of the social events in camp jare, couldn't just be bothered with them after a tiring day. I just attended the Miss Indomie contest and the debates cos I was to represent my platoon for the debate but lost my voice that night! Lol. Then I attended the bonfire solely because we were forced out of the hostel.
But I was a frequent mami market goer, I never tasted any food from camp kitchen throughout my 3 weeks there.

Hahahhahahahah. U mek me remember mami market and fayrouz stand. Where my money grow leg run.
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by dadicvila(m): 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2012
Tiana155: My fellow corp members, how is enugu camp for you? i am currently serving in enugu state, but the stress is killing me, climbing those high hills every single time is killing lawd! I cant wait for this three weeks to come to an end. Well that's how it is for me, how about you?
same here,i kant wait to leave agwu,the endless parade is killing me,my hostel(bethlehem)is looking like an uncompleted building where armed robbers and kidnappers hang out!to make matax worse they have turned the camp fire night to camp fire evening....anyhow sha,Platoon 9 representing,which platoon are you??
Re: Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. by bluebarz(m): 6:56am On Aug 20, 2012
I repped platoon 4. We just culdnt stope winning everything that came our way during the competition.

(1) (Reply)

New NYSC Quota System: What Is Your Opinion? / Batch B 2014 Posted To Borno Let's Meet Here / 2017 Batch A NYSC Registration To Start....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.