Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) (1067 Views)

Living For Eternity Honoring Christ On The Internet / The “nation Of Israel” Delusion: Honoring Those Who Reject The Son Of God Jesus / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by newmusic: 9:28am On Jul 06, 2012
Olympic games was originally a sporting event in remembrance of Zeus. The legend has it that Zeus fought his father kronos to gain the throne to be the ruler of the world and his victory over his father gave him the status as one of the greatest gods ever to grace the land of Greece. The battle was at Mount Olympus and the son of Zeus Heracles make it a tradition to honor and remember Zeus.

http://babayau..com/2012/07/olympic-games-history.html
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by buzugee(m): 9:44am On Jul 06, 2012
newmusic: Olympic games was originally a sporting event in remembrance of Zeus. The legend has it that Zeus fought his father kronos to gain the throne to be the ruler of the world and his victory over his father gave him the status as one of the greatest gods ever to grace the land of Greece. The battle was at Mount Olympus and the son of Zeus Heracles make it a tradition to honor and remember Zeus.

http://babayau..com/2012/07/olympic-games-history.html
and now they have israelites discombobulated by this heathen tradition.
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by Ptolomeus(m): 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
buzugee: and now they have israelites discombobulated by this heathen tradition.

Dear friend Buzugee:
You know I appreciate you.
But we can not live inside a glass sphere.
Life is not limited to prayer and reading the Bible.
Take the Olympics for what they are: a sporting event that unites the different peoples, all together, regardless of language, beliefs and nationality ... speaking the same language is sport.
You know who won the first Olympic title in football (soccer)?
My beloved country, Uruguay ... Olympics in 1924 and also in those of 1928 (in 1930 Uruguay was the first World Cup champion).
You understand why the Olympics are a wonderful thing?
Hahahahaha!
A warm embrace, my friend!
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by buzugee(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Dear friend Buzugee:
You know I appreciate you.
But we can not live inside a glass sphere.
Life is not limited to prayer and reading the Bible.
Take the Olympics for what they are: a sporting event that unites the different peoples, all together, regardless of language, beliefs and nationality ... speaking the same language is sport.
You know who won the first Olympic title in football (soccer)?
My beloved country, Uruguay ... Olympics in 1924 and also in those of 1928 (in 1930 Uruguay was the first World Cup champion).
You understand why the Olympics are a wonderful thing?
Hahahahaha!
A warm embrace, my friend!
but you are wrong mi amigos . thats all life is about. prayer and reading bible. what else does a man need ? JK grin grin

seems like Uruguay has been doing a lot of winning in the past. You guys have good soccer players too. maybe you win it all this year eh ?
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by buzugee(m): 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ptolomeus are you good in any sports ? what sports do you enjoy watching and playing ?
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by Ptolomeus(m): 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
buzugee: Ptolomeus are you good in any sports ? what sports do you enjoy watching and playing ?

Jajajaja dear friend ...
Like all Uruguayan, I love football (Soccer). When I was young I played in the first league of my country (now no longer play anything jajajaja!). Taste of basketball, and I love chess (good chess, of course!)
and you? You just like the basketball?
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by buzugee(m): 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Jajajaja dear friend ...
Like all Uruguayan, I love football (Soccer). When I was young I played in the first league of my country (now no longer play anything jajajaja!). Taste of basketball, and I love chess (good chess, of course!)
and you? You just like the basketball?
i play basketball and watch basketball. i watch some soccer but not too much. like i only watch the world cup in soccer. LOL when you say jajajaja does that mean hahahahaha grin grin
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by Ptolomeus(m): 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
buzugee: i play basketball and watch basketball. i watch some soccer but not too much. like i only watch the world cup in soccer. LOL when you say jajajaja does that mean hahahahaha grin grin
Yea ... laughter is also reflected by my translator Lol
I say "jajaja", and the translator says, "hahaha"
If you play Basket means you're young ... I played some basketball when I was young. It is a very exciting sport, but I preferred to be scorer soccer!
Nigeria is involved in the Olympics football?
The Uruguayans hope our team does well!
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by buzugee(m): 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Yea ... laughter is also reflected by my translator Lol
I say "jajaja", and the translator says, "hahaha"
If you play Basket means you're young ... I played some basketball when I was young. It is a very exciting sport, but I preferred to be scorer soccer!
Nigeria is involved in the Olympics football?
The Uruguayans hope our team does well!
everytime i go on south and central american websites i see jajajajajajaja all the time. i was baffled initially. like what does that mean. is it some kind of code LOL. hey basketball is a beautiful game. i have a mean crossover. i can cross you over between the legs from right to left and then just when you think i am about to blow past you on the left, i bounce the ball once and do a reverse 360 degrees. that is guaranteed to break your ankles LOL. nigeria in olympic football ? i really cant tell you that. i dont follow nigerian sports or any sports for that matter. only the NBA. I am sure Uruguay will do well. calienteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee latino heatttttttt. hey you know that guacamole makes the joint supple. thats why people from that region of the world are good at soccer. they have supple joints
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by newmusic: 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2012
Uruguay also hosted and won the first world cup. A good footballing nation. ...
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by Ptolomeus(m): 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2012
newmusic: Uruguay also hosted and won the first world cup. A good footballing nation. ...

Hello dear friend ... is a pleasure to greet you!
Yes, you are very knowledgeable. Uruguay hosted the first World Cup in 1930 and also won in 1950, beating Brazil (the local) 2-1, possibly in one of the most exciting games in history.
We are a country that feels passion for football ... we all love the sport. We are also fans of "Candomble" music of african root brought by the African slaves ...
Could be defined as a Uruguayan football and candombe fan ...
It is a pleasure to share this comment with you.
Consider me your friend!
Re: The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) by newmusic: 3:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
you are welcome...

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be The Beginning Of The Marks Of The Beast{666}? / Questioning The Questioners (the Protestants) / What Are The Names Of The Two Thieves Who Hung On The Cross With Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.