Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,365 members, 7,954,482 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? (3902 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / Believe In God For Establishment! Believe His Prophet For Prosperity! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by gbadexy(m): 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2012
There are some verses from the Bible which gave the suggestion that Jesus may have been a prophet to the jews like the prophets before him rather than messiah for the world.

Muslims strive to please God always and believe
Jesus is God's messenger of good news to his
people. And here is a confirmation.
Matthew 15:22-28
And behold, a woman of Cannan came out of
the same coasts and cried unto him saying
'Have mercy on me O Lord, thou son of David:
my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
But he answered her not a word. And his
disciples came and besought him saying 'Send
her away! For she crieth after us'. But he
answered and said, ' I am not sent but unto the
lost sheep of the house. Of Isreal'!
Then came she and worshiped him,saying 'Lord
help me' But he ansswered and said ' It is not
meet to take the children's bread and cast it to
dogs'! And she said ' Truth Lord : Yet the dogs
eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters
table'
Then Jesus answered and said unto her, 'O
woman, great is thy faith;be it unto thee even
as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole
from that hour.
If the incident was reported correctly, It shows
Jesus lacked love and mercy, degraded
discrimination in regard to the uplifting of his
tribe and not for the others, tribal pride of
descendants and prejudice against others and
calling them dogs, engaging in a debate with
an ignorant polytheist woman and she won him
over.
Even the Prophet Isa (Jesus) in the Quran is far
above this traits.
These claims above shows a human being,
although powerful with God's spirit, sent as a
messenger to his people just as other prophets
have been sent to their people.
Am I to assume that this story is false and consequently some other stories in the Bible?
I need explanations on this.
P.b I know the Bible and Koran were inspired divinely, I am generally skeptical about some things in them due to improper translation in the proper context or compilation adulteration.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 07, 2012
"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone." - Hebrews 2:9

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other." -Isaiah 45:22

"I tell you the truth, wherever this [u]gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has do[/u]ne will also be told, in memory of her." - Matthew 26:13
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by logicboy01: 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2012
frosbel: "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone." - Hebrews 2:9

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other." -Isaiah 45:22

"I tell you the truth, wherever this [u]gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has do[/u]ne will also be told, in memory of her." - Matthew 26:13

You have to note that the world in the bible consisted of only the middle east and north africa.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2012
gbadexy: There are some verses from the Bible which gave the suggestion that Jesus may have been a prophet to the jews like the prophets before him rather than messiah for the world.

table'
from that hour.

When Jesus walked the earth , the gospel was preached to the Jews first, of course God with his foreknowledge knew that most will reject it , most of them , and kill him , which will be salvation of the whole world.

He was only using a language the Jews of those ancient days understood, the Jews referred to the gentiles as dogs and saw them as unclean.

But we see Jesus with the Samaritan woman amongst many other cases . The Samaritans were seen as very unclean by the Jews , but Jesus broke with tradition and conversed with her while showing such kindness and mercy.

Jesus also praised the deeds of another Samaritan man , who helped a seriously injured Jew left for dead by robbers. The so called chosen Jews and their religious folk offered NO help whatsoever to their own tribesman , instead crossed to the other side of the road

Surprisingly it was a good Samaritan that showed compassion and kindness. With this story Christ rebuked the Jews for their hardness of heart.

Also when Jesus rose from the dead he commanded his disciples to preach the gospel to the whole world.

over.

Jesus was mercy himself.

above this traits.

Your prophet ISA is not the JESUS of the bible - Fact !!

Jesus Christ is not a mere MAN like Muhammad , he is the SON of GOD.

Am I to assume that this story is false and consequently some other stories in the Bible?

True Story

In the bible, we do not sweep anything under the carpet.

P.b I know the Bible and Koran were inspired divinely, I am generally skeptical about some things in them due to improper translation in the proper context or compilation adulteration.

Yes , the Bible is divinely inspired
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
logicboy01:

You have to note that the world in the bible consisted of only the middle east and north africa.

Indeed, the world but not the message !
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by gbadexy(m): 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
@frosbel
The use of Son depends on the context it was used. Even pastors use my children in the church.
Doesn't the story show a sharp contrast to the response you gave? Could you explain that particular story without quoting a counter quote.
It strikes me that there are contrasting arguments meant to provide an escape route.
Do you deny the story of Jesus and the cannan woman? If not, what do you make of that particular story.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by logicboy01: 10:26pm On Jul 07, 2012
frosbel:

Indeed, the world but not the message !

Wrong.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2012
gbadexy: @frosbel
The use of Son depends on the context it was used. Even pastors use my children in the church.
Doesn't the story show a sharp contrast to the response you gave? Could you explain that particular story without quoting a counter quote.
It strikes me that there are contrasting arguments meant to provide an escape route.
Do you deny the story of Jesus and the cannan woman? If not, what do you make of that particular story.

My Muslim friend, don't come here with your deception grin

Now let me start again :

The story is true and your question was answered as follows

"He was only using a language the Jews of those ancient days understood, the Jews referred to the gentiles as dogs and saw them as unclean.

But we see Jesus with the Samaritan woman amongst many other cases . The Samaritans were seen as very unclean by the Jews , but Jesus broke with tradition and conversed with her while showing such kindness and mercy."

But what makes me glad is that you acknowledge Jesus was and is full of mercy and kindness, something that Muhammad never had , talk less of practise.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by gbadexy(m): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2012
Okay, so Jesus used the language of that time, that is expected.
Language aside, the message that he used the language to convey still shows that he was sent specifically to the jews.
Even if the jews are tribalistic, he shouldn't have gone to their level.
Whatever language he spoke, do you deny that he initially denied the woman assistance? Even if his referring to cannans as dogs was a grammatical expression, do you deny that he meant that he was sent to isrealites alone by the statement that said he was sent to the lost sheeps of isreal?
Or that his favours are meant for the isrealites alone and not other tribe when he said he can't give a child's food to the dog?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by justaqad(m): 11:59pm On Jul 07, 2012
the bible is a hoax, full of inaccuracies.the divinity and salvation of jesus is equally rejected by the same bible.Isaiah 45:21 says, “Tell you, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel
together: who has declared this
from ancient time? Who has
told it from that time? Have not
I the Lord? And there is no God
else beside me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside
me.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by gbadexy(m): 12:40am On Jul 08, 2012
@justaqad
My brother, the verse you quoted sounds like something out of the Quran.
That is the major emphasis God made most in the Quran, that there is no God except Him and only Him can save.
The Quran and indeed Islam says that part of articles of faith is to believe in the Holy books, and Gospel (the unadulterated and original one) is mentioned amongst the Books prescribed for us to believe.
The only difference between Islam and christianity is that Islam insists that there is only one God and He has no child( He could have gotten a billion children if He so wishes) while christianity preaches a God in three phases and Jesus is divine Son and only path to Salvation.
So, the misunderstanding of the true status of Jesus is the only difference between Islam and christianity.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by justaqad(m): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2012
gbadexy: @justaqad
My brother, the verse you quoted sounds like something out of the Quran.
That is the major emphasis God made most in the Quran, that there is no God except Him and only Him can save.
The Quran and indeed Islam says that part of articles of faith is to believe in the Holy books, and Gospel (the unadulterated and original one) is mentioned amongst the Books prescribed for us to believe.
The only difference between Islam and christianity is that Islam insists that there is only one God and He has no child( He could have gotten a billion children if He so wishes) while christianity preaches a God in three phases and Jesus is divine Son and only path to Salvation.
So, the misunderstanding of the true status of Jesus is the only difference between Islam and christianity.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
no offence bro,have u seen a bible?
Look up isaiah 45:21 again. Its not from the quran.its enshrined in the bible.
Hehehehehehehehehe
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by buzugee(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2012
he is a savior for the jews first and then secondly he is a messiah to the world. there is heir-achy in that. the heathens or gentiles are the most wicked and vile people around. they are enemies of the jews ( nehemiah 5 vs 9 )and have always been violent against and enslaved the jews for thousands of years. this they were able to do without repercussions because they had no laws. the lord only gave the laws to the jews ( psalms 147 vs 19 and 20 ) who in turn were supposed to be the light to the heathens but the jews failed in this mission and hence the heathens did not have any laws. they were like human-animals just living on instincts. when you have no laws you have no transgressions. ( romans 4 vs 15 ). so all their violence against the jews was not counted against them because the lord was using them as his weapon against the jews ( psalms 17 vs 13 ). however when the lord saw that the punishment from the heathens against the jews was enough, he sent christ to go commit the heathens to the law. so the coming of christ is multi-part.
1-commit the heathens ( gentiles ) to the law so that any evil thing they do henceforth will be counted against them because they now have the laws

2-unite jew and gentile under the law

3-save the jews from the gentiles

4-offer the gentiles a chance at salvation if they obey the laws.

5-spiritual Resurrection of the elect jews

so back to your question, yes, christ is the savior of the jews first and then the messiah of the whole world ( because he gave the heathens as well as the jews a chance at salvation )

woman in question was a heathen. christs purpose on earth was for the jews. and in getting the jews in order, the heathens will fall in line ( voluntarily of course ). its called priority. christ was not on the earth to pander to heathens. that will be pauls job after the laws that unite both jews and gentiles have been written up. this law can only be written up by christ dying for the jews so that this can provide spiritual ressurection for the elect jews ( like paul ) who can then go on to write up the laws that will unite the gentiles. when the gentiles have been united then paul can pander to them. HOPE ALL THIS MAKES SENSE LOL
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by Delafruita(m): 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
buzugee: he is a savior for the jews first and then secondly he is a messiah to the world. there is heir-achy in that. the heathens or gentiles are the most wicked and vile people around. they are enemies of the jews ( nehemiah 5 vs 9 )and have always been violent against and enslaved the jews for thousands of years. this they were able to do without repercussions because they had no laws. the lord only gave the laws to the jews ( psalms 147 vs 19 and 20 ) who in turn were supposed to be the light to the heathens but the jews failed in this mission and hence the heathens did not have any laws. they were like human-animals just living on instincts. when you have no laws you have no transgressions. ( romans 4 vs 15 ). so all their violence against the jews was not counted against them because the lord was using them as his weapon against the jews ( psalms 17 vs 13 ). however when the lord saw that the punishment from the heathens against the jews was enough, he sent christ to go commit the heathens to the law. so the coming of christ is multi-part.
1-commit the heathens ( gentiles ) to the law so that any evil thing they do henceforth will be counted against them because they now have the laws

so back to your question, yes, christ is the savior of the jews first and then the messiah of the whole world ( because he gave the heathens as well as the jews a chance at salvation )
looking at it from the point of view of the "heathens" i would say the jews were the most wicked and vile people.even the Bible records their wickedness only difference been they were done in the name of Yahweh.how were the "heathens" wicked?how different were they from tthe isrealites?
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by logicboy01: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
buzugee: he is a savior for the jews first and then secondly he is a messiah to the world. there is heir-achy in that. the heathens or gentiles are the most wicked and vile people around. they are enemies of the jews ( nehemiah 5 vs 9 )and have always been violent against and enslaved the jews for thousands of years. this they were able to do without repercussions because they had no laws. the lord only gave the laws to the jews ( psalms 147 vs 19 and 20 ) who in turn were supposed to be the light to the heathens but the jews failed in this mission and hence the heathens did not have any laws. they were like human-animals just living on instincts. when you have no laws you have no transgressions. ( romans 4 vs 15 ). so all their violence against the jews was not counted against them because the lord was using them as his weapon against the jews ( psalms 17 vs 13 ). however when the lord saw that the punishment from the heathens against the jews was enough, he sent christ to go commit the heathens to the law. so the coming of christ is multi-part.

You are making some sense for once Buzugee. This time, I dont need to calm down with cider because of your answer.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by buzugee(m): 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
Delafruita:
looking at it from the point of view of the "heathens" i would say the jews were the most wicked and vile people.even the Bible records their wickedness only difference been they were done in the name of Yahweh.how were the "heathens" wicked?how different were they from tthe isrealites?
Then i take it you have not read the bible. lets see-egyptian slavery of like 400 years, assyrian captivity, babylonian slavery of like 70 years, persian and medes slavery, roman massacre in 70 AD, antiochus epiphanes massacre, transatlantic slavery of 300 years, lynchings, KKK, native indian massacre and genocide, colonialism, unfair-trade, wars for resources, etc etc THESE HEATHENS ARE THE MOST DIABOLICAL THING ON EARTH.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by buzugee(m): 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

You are making some sense for once Buzugee. This time, I dont need to calm down with cider because of your answer.
i always make sense. you just aint spiritually were you need to be to appreciate my answers grin grin maybe now you are getting there.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by buzugee(m): 12:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
let me give a good analogy of the story of the canaanite woman.
so lets say i am a professor of mathematics in obafemi awolowo university and i teach only final year maths 505 and i am hurrying for a lecture and i have only 10 minutes before i get to my lecture. and then a freshman comes up to me saying he wants me to help him solve a maths 101 problem. my response will be 'i am not here to teach freshmen so i cannot help you. i only teach 5th year students'

however if he is insistent and has so much faith in my knowledge, as my reputation precedes me on campus, and he says ' well if you dont teach me this, then i have no one else to go to because i hear you are the best in the field'

then i may say 'okayyyyyyyyy i guess i can give you 5 minutes of my time '
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by gbadexy(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
@ buzugee
By your last analogy, and your earlier response ;" woman in question was a heathen. christs
purpose on earth was for the jews. and in
getting the jews in order, the heathens will fall
in line ( voluntarily of course ). its called
priority"
You are only making more emphasis that Jesus's primary objective was to save only the jews. Ideally, the heathen gentiles ought to have had the highest priority for a messiah for the whole mankind.
I don't know why you are not seeing it, you are just giving points to support the claim that Jesus was sent to the Jews just like Moses, Noah and the rest. The whole mankind still benefits from the ten commandment that Moses passed along to his people later even though he too was sent as a messiah to free the isrealites just as Jesus was later sent to them also.
Talking of priority, placing jews first and then reluctantly agreeing to help a heathen( who naturally needed a messiah most) shows that he is a strictly jewish messiah.
I now believe the Quran more about the Oneness of God and Jesus also being His messenger to his people, albeit he was from the spirit of God without sexual reproduction just as Adam and Eve too where from God's spirit without sexual reproduction.
I have some reservations about some things in Islam though, but a dispassionate analysis would show that the Bible and Quran both preaches about the One true God.
The jews that have had several prophets and that were with Jesus during his life time are practicing monotheism also ( Worship of only One God).
Why didn't the countless prophets that came before Jesus, that even have personal conversation with Him never intimated on God's Son, but were all telling their people to worship one true God.
You can always quote a verse countering many verse in the same Bible, while you would still quote another verse again to support your view, you can't deny the truth in the opposing verse that told of Oneness of God and Jesus calling anybody that does God wishes like him and other pious prophets did has been qualified to be called Son of God.
Besides, Jesus refers to himself as Son of man!
Christianity is a complete religion and I'm not after influencing people's religious choice. I just want people to practice the religion truthfully by trying to determine truth from falsehood and just swallowing passed down words?.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by nyameke: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2012
gbadexy: There are some verses from the Bible which gave the suggestion that Jesus may have been a prophet to the jews like the prophets before him rather than messiah for the world.

table'
from that hour.
over.
above this traits.
I don't see the problem and fascination with These verses. It is a non issue really and much ado about nothing if you truly understand what metaphors mean. there is nothing complicated about those verses.. There are numerous examples in the bible where jesus used metaphors to convey messages. Only those that could HEAR understood him..

Jesus didn't disrespect or insult the woman or anyone..Going by your argument one could also say Jesus disrespected the Israelites because he referred to them as a" sheep".. Now Anyone who has spent time with a Sheep know that they are one of the most stupidest animal alive. No? But you and I know he wasn't referring to the Israelites as stupid..

The keywords that explains the whole passage are " lost sheep" and " faith"..
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by buzugee(m): 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
gbadexy: @ buzugee
By your last analogy, and your earlier response ;" woman in question was a heathen. christs
priority"
You are only making more emphasis that Jesus's primary objective was to save only the jews. Ideally, the heathen gentiles ought to have had the highest priority for a messiah for the whole mankind.
I don't know why you are not seeing it, you are just giving points to support the claim that Jesus was sent to the Jews just like Moses, Noah and the rest. The whole mankind still benefits from the ten commandment that Moses passed along to his people later even though he too was sent as a messiah to free the isrealites just as Jesus was later sent to them also.
Talking of priority, placing jews first and then reluctantly agreeing to help a heathen( who naturally needed a messiah most) shows that he is a strictly jewish messiah.
I now believe the Quran more about the Oneness of God and Jesus also being His messenger to his people, albeit he was from the spirit of God without sexual reproduction just as Adam and Eve too where from God's spirit without sexual reproduction.
I have some reservations about some things in Islam though, but a dispassionate analysis would show that the Bible and Quran both preaches about the One true God.
The jews that have had several prophets and that were with Jesus during his life time are practicing monotheism also ( Worship of only One God).
Why didn't the countless prophets that came before Jesus, that even have personal conversation with Him never intimated on God's Son, but were all telling their people to worship one true God.
You can always quote a verse countering many verse in the same Bible, while you would still quote another verse again to support your view, you can't deny the truth in the opposing verse that told of Oneness of God and Jesus calling anybody that does God wishes like him and other pious prophets did has been qualified to be called Son of God.
Christianity is a complete religion and I'm not after influencing people's religious choice. I just want people to practice the religion truthfully by trying to determine truth from falsehood and just swallowing passed down words?.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE LORD HAS A CHOSEN RACE. THESE ARE HIS FIRST BORN CHILDREN (EXODUS 4 VS 22 ). THESE ARE THE PUREST EARTHLY HUMANS HE CREATED FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND HENCE WHY HE PREFERS THEM ( DEUTERONOMY 7 VS 6 ). THE HEATHENS ARE MUTANTS OF SORTS ONLY CREATED TO BE HIS ARMY ( PSALMS 17 VS 13 ) BECAUSE HIS FIRST BORN CHILDREN WERE MISBEHAVING. LET ME SHOW YOU HOW MUCH OF A MUTANT THE HEATHENS ARE

1-the moabites and ammonites ( who are modern day chinese and japanese ) were formed when lots two daughters slept with their father. this is why they have downs syndrome. incest babies

2-the edomites ( who are the whites ) had their pigmentation taken from them as a mark of cain because he killed his brother abel. the mark of cain is clean leprosy, which is white skin, as described in the book of leviticus ( leviticus 13 vs 13 and leviticus 13 vs 30 ). so they have clean leprosy.

3-the ishmaelites are children from the house-help hagar. they are kinda like illegitimate children. ishmael the wild man he is called in the bible. thats why he blows himself up. he is wild LOL

SO AS YOU CAN SEE, ALL OTHER RACES ARE MUTANTS OF SORTS. THEY ARE THE HEATHENS. THE ISRAELITES HOWEVER IS THE LORDS PUREST CREATION. THIS IS WHY HE ONLY WORKS THROUGH THEM. THEY ARE THE PRIORITY. IT IS WHAT IT IS. SO YES THE JEWS ARE THE LORDS PRIORITY RACE.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by Delafruita(m): 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2012
buzugee: Then i take it you have not read the bible. lets see-egyptian slavery of like 400 years, assyrian captivity, babylonian slavery of like 70 years, persian and medes slavery, roman massacre in 70 AD, antiochus epiphanes massacre, transatlantic slavery of 300 years, lynchings, KKK, native indian massacre and genocide, colonialism, unfair-trade, wars for resources, etc etc THESE HEATHENS ARE THE MOST DIABOLICAL THING ON EARTH.
i like the Bible and i think people will understand the Bible more if they understood the history behind many of its stories.

the story of slavery in Egypt began with a phrase in eodus "and a new king arose that didnt know joseph".many a time,christians dont read meaning into this.the reality however is thatt prior to joseph's arrival in egypt,a band of mesopotamian mercenaries called the "hyskos" invaded egypt in 1720 BC via the nile and conquered the egyptians.the hyskos founded the 15th and 16th dynasty until the fight for independence led to their expulsion in 1567BC.if you take note of the fact the historians are in agreement that joseph was promoted sometime around 1670BC,you would realise that Joseph was actually made grand vizier by someone of his own heritage who at the time was ruler of egypt.in essence,after the rebellion began in thebes,it was actually a war of real egyptians against the occupiers a.k.a hyskos.if you then consider the fact that the hyskos gave the land of goshen to joseph sometime around 1674BC,take note the land of goshen was one of the most coveted in egypt,you then realise that the local egyptians had an unfavourable disposition towards the isrealites particularly since the hyskos made use of the horse-drawn carts in quelling rebellion leading to numerous casualties.they entered an alliance with Cush to further suppress southern egypt.Ahmose 1 conquered the hyskos and is believed to have enslaved them.it is believed that thutmoses iii was the "new king that didnt know joseph".it lends credence to the fact that he indeed adopted moses and even gave him his name.
assyrian captivity been potrayed as a sign of wickedness of the "heathen" is just absurd.you mean the same assyrians who king ahaz approached when isreal and syria threatened war?the captivity of the 10 tribes wasnt because assyria waged war.it was because judah approached tiglat-pilasser for help which he rendered.you seem to forget that it is the same assyria whose gods ahaz had placed in the temples.the same assyria judah payed large tributes to.
as for babylonian slavery,i remember Yahweh said he send "his servant" nebucchadnezzer to conquer jerusalem.so that was actually Yahweh's doing.besides it didnt last for 70 years
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by Delafruita(m): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
buzugee: BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE LORD HAS A CHOSEN RACE. THESE ARE HIS FIRST BORN CHILDREN (EXODUS 4 VS 22 ). THESE ARE THE PUREST EARTHLY HUMANS HE CREATED FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND HENCE WHY HE PREFERS THEM ( DEUTERONOMY 7 VS 6 ). THE HEATHENS ARE MUTANTS OF SORTS ONLY CREATED TO BE HIS ARMY ( PSALMS 17 VS 13 ) BECAUSE HIS FIRST BORN CHILDREN WERE MISBEHAVING. LET ME SHOW YOU HOW MUCH OF A MUTANT THE HEATHENS ARE

1-the moabites and ammonites ( who are modern day chinese and japanese ) were formed when lots two daughters slept with their father. this is why they have downs syndrome. incest babies

2-the edomites ( who are the whites ) had their pigmentation taken from them as a mark of cain because he killed his brother abel. the mark of cain is clean leprosy, which is white skin, as described in the book of leviticus ( leviticus 13 vs 13 and leviticus 13 vs 30 ). so they have clean leprosy.

3-the ishmaelites are children from the house-help hagar. they are kinda like illegitimate children. ishmael the wild man he is called in the bible. thats why he blows himself up. he is wild LOL

SO AS YOU CAN SEE, ALL OTHER RACES ARE MUTANTS OF SORTS. THEY ARE THE HEATHENS. THE ISRAELITES HOWEVER IS THE LORDS PUREST CREATION. THIS IS WHY HE ONLY WORKS THROUGH THEM. THEY ARE THE PRIORITY. IT IS WHAT IT IS. SO YES THE JEWS ARE THE LORDS PRIORITY RACE.

and the same jews killed his only son and till date dont believe in the gospel of Yeshwa.how strange is that?
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by gbadexy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
Talking of expressions, we all know sheeps have shepherds and we know the context the sheep was used, it is also obvious from the way he didn't acknowledge her at first and subsequent statements what context the words dogs was used. You know what it means by the expression that something has gone to the dogs.
Don't even bother about the expression and insults, the meaning and what the expression conveys is still the fact that he was sent to lsrealites and he wasn't willing to give isrealite's assistance to an outside tribe.
Whatever form he may use to describe the jews and gentiles is irrelevant, it is the message and implication that matters

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by buzugee(m): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2012
Delafruita:
i like the Bible and i think people will understand the Bible more if they understood the history behind many of its stories.

the story of slavery in Egypt began with a phrase in eodus "and a new king arose that didnt know joseph".many a time,christians dont read meaning into this.the reality however is thatt prior to joseph's arrival in egypt,a band of mesopotamian mercenaries called the "hyskos" invaded egypt in 1720 BC via the nile and conquered the egyptians.the hyskos founded the 15th and 16th dynasty until the fight for independence led to their expulsion in 1567BC.if you take note of the fact the historians are in agreement that joseph was promoted sometime around 1670BC,you would realise that Joseph was actually made grand vizier by someone of his own heritage who at the time was ruler of egypt.in essence,after the rebellion began in thebes,it was actually a war of real egyptians against the occupiers a.k.a hyskos.if you then consider the fact that the hyskos gave the land of goshen to joseph sometime around 1674BC,take note the land of goshen was one of the most coveted in egypt,you then realise that the local egyptians had an unfavourable disposition towards the isrealites particularly since the hyskos made use of the horse-drawn carts in quelling rebellion leading to numerous casualties.they entered an alliance with Cush to further suppress southern egypt.Ahmose 1 conquered the hyskos and is believed to have enslaved them.it is believed that thutmoses iii was the "new king that didnt know joseph".it lends credence to the fact that he indeed adopted moses and even gave him his name.
assyrian captivity been potrayed as a sign of wickedness of the "heathen" is just absurd.you mean the same assyrians who king ahaz approached when isreal and syria threatened war?the captivity of the 10 tribes wasnt because assyria waged war.it was because judah approached tiglat-pilasser for help which he rendered.you seem to forget that it is the same assyria whose gods ahaz had placed in the temples.the same assyria judah payed large tributes to.
as for babylonian slavery,i remember Yahweh said he send "his servant" nebucchadnezzer to conquer jerusalem.so that was actually Yahweh's doing.besides it didnt last for 70 years
now i know you are just arguing for arguments sake http://www.bible-history.com/map_babylonian_captivity/map_of_the_deportation_of_judah_seventy_years.html
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by buzugee(m): 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
Delafruita:
and the same jews killed his only son and till date dont believe in the gospel of Yeshwa.how strange is that?
the jews did not kill his son. the roman empire killed his son. the jews were under roman rule. and the jews you are talking about who dont believe in 'Yeshwa' are not the real jews. they are converts. i am talking about lineage jews not religious jews. the bible deals with lineage jews not converts. being a jew is not a religion. it is a lineage. those jews you have in mind are these ones

revelations 2 vs 9[b] ‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.[/b]

revelation 3 vs 9 will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by gbadexy(m): 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2012
@ buzugee
I like your sense of humour though, even if we don't agree. I liked the part about the japanese and chinese inbreeding and down syndrome. Under what category do we black africans belong, bearing in mind that black is evil.
I think God liked the jews because many of their ancestors sought God and He in turn established a relationship with them.
God will only like a group of people that pleases Him.
I don't know how caucasian whites trace there lineage to cain, but that race is the most developed race.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by Delafruita(m): 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2012
buzugee: now i know you are just arguing for arguments sake http://www.bible-history.com/map_babylonian_captivity/map_of_the_deportation_of_judah_seventy_years.html
if your only disagreement with that long post if the lenght of the babylonian slavery,then you have work to do.

Babylonian captivity (or Babylonian exile ) was the period in Jewish history during which the Jews of the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylon .
Rabbinic chronologists place the date of the destruction of the First Temple -considered the onset of the captivity [ citation needed ] - to be 3338 HC i.e. 423 BCE [ 1 ] or 3358 HC i.e. 403 BCE [ 2 ] while modern secular dating [ who? ] for it is 587–538 BCE . [ citation needed ]

introduction
After about fifty years of exile in Babylon, the Israelites were allowedto return to their own country.
Many of them made the journey back to their own land, and to their capital city of Jerusalem.
The Journey
In the spring of 537 B.C.E., after long preparations, the Israelites set out on the journey back to their homeland.
The journey between Babylon and Jerusalem covered almost 800 miles (1300 kms). The Israelites headed north to the old and now ruined city of Mari and on to Haran where Abraham had moved with his family.
They traveled via Damascus to the Sea of Galilee (following a similar route to Abraham's when he moved to Canaan), then through the mountains to the city of Jerusalem. The city would have been largely in ruins, and a sad sight for the returning people.

you can see two different evidence that they spent 50+ years in babylon.i challenge you to quote anywhere apart from the Bible abd Bible websites like the one you quoted earlier
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by buzugee(m): 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
I like your sense of humour though, even if we don't agree. I liked the part about the japanese and chinese inbreeding and down syndrome. Under what category do we black africans belong, bearing in mind that black is evil.
I think God liked the jews because many of their ancestors sought God and He in turn established a relationship with them.
God will only like a group of people that pleases Him.
I don't know how caucasian whites trace there lineage to cain, but that race is the most developed race.
no sense of humor here bruh. i am kicking hard cold facts. the blacks in africa are the real jews. ( not all of them. the somalians, ethiopians, erritreans, are HAMITES ). The real jews are the igbos, yorubas, asantis, fanti, ewe, ga, and all the other tribes along the west coast of africa and other parts of africa, the african americans who went on slavery as pertaining the deuteronomy 28 vs 68 prophesy, the black brazillians and the blacks all over the americas taken on slave ships to those part of the world pertaining the deuteronomy 28 vs 68 prophesy. so you ask if we are the real jews why are we going through what we are going through ? brother we are under the deuteronomy vs 28 curses. however this is only temporary and we will be in control of the world again.
here is the color of the real jews and christ

jeremiah 14 vs 2 they are black unto the ground

lamentations 4 vs 8 Their appearance is now blacker than coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaves to their bones; it is withered, it has become like a dry stick.

lamentations 5 vs 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.

job 30 vs 30 My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.

Christ was a black man with afro hair. his color is described in the bible and the texture of his hair. if you want that info let me know

did you say the white race is the most developed race ? ahhh i see i am dealing with someone with inferiority complex here.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by Delafruita(m): 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
buzugee: the jews did not kill his son. the roman empire killed his son. the jews were under roman rule. and the jews you are talking about who dont believe in 'Yeshwa' are not the real jews. they are converts. i am talking about lineage jews not religious jews. the bible deals with lineage jews not converts. being a jew is not a religion. it is a lineage. those jews you have in mind are these ones

revelations 2 vs 9[b] ‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.[/b]

revelation 3 vs 9 will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.
oga buzugee,i laugh in spanish and swahili.so it is now the romans that killed Yeshwa.i guess i need enlightenment on that.if i may ask,what charges did the romans bring against him?oh i forgot.it was the isrealites led by Caiphas that bbrought the charges.if i remember correctly,they approached Herod and he refused to punish Yeshwa because according to him,"the man is just under an illlusion".i also remember they brought him to pilate who told them "if herod found nothing against him,then i go along with herod".i also remember that the isrealites a.k.a JEWS then threatened to petition(some historians and theologians believe they actually sent a petition)ceasar.i also remember pilate even trying to armtwist them by giving them an option of either setting free Yeshwa or Barabbas.i think they chose Yeshwa,oh i am wrong,they actually chose the thief and robber,Barabbas.i then remember Pilate symbolically washing his hands and saying "i have found no wrong in this man.his blood is on you".and i remember Caiphas responding "let his blood be upon us and our descendants".the reality is the Jews killed Yeshwa.history tells us that at the time,jerusalem was under the control of rome but wasnt deemed much of a threat hence they were allowed certain freedom.the Bible itself acknowledged the only reason they approached the romans was because they wanted crucifixion which could only be ordered by the romans.
oga buzugee,i know i have very low IQ,but i know the Jews killed Yeshwa and i know till this date,Jews dont accept Yeshwa as their messiah.they keep their shabbath on saturday,celebrate the feast of unleavened bread,they adhere to the Torah and dont read the new testament.the jewish state religion is judaism and the wailing wall means more to them than the pool of bethsaida
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2012
priority"

Jesus Christ is the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE.

ALLAH is not GOD , Yahweh is, so the GOD of the Quran is not the GOD of the bible, no doubt, otherwise we will have a uniform message.

As explained earlier, Jesus Christ is the saviour of mankind, while Muhammad was a 'prophet' to the Arabs, and then by conquest forced ISLAM on other unsuspecting nations.

No comparison can be made, if you are not certain of your salvation or where you are going to when you die, you are in the wrong religion.
Re: Is Jesus A Prophet For His People Or Messiah For The World? by buzugee(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2012
Delafruita:
oga buzugee,i laugh in spanish and swahili.so it is now the romans that killed Yeshwa.i guess i need enlightenment on that.if i may ask,what charges did the romans bring against him?oh i forgot.it was the isrealites led by Caiphas that bbrought the charges.if i remember correctly,they approached Herod and he refused to punish Yeshwa because according to him,"the man is just under an illlusion".i also remember they brought him to pilate who told them "if herod found nothing against him,then i go along with herod".i also remember that the isrealites a.k.a JEWS then threatened to petition(some historians and theologians believe they actually sent a petition)ceasar.i also remember pilate even trying to armtwist them by giving them an option of either setting free Yeshwa or Barabbas.i think they chose Yeshwa,oh i am wrong,they actually chose the thief and robber,Barabbas.i then remember Pilate symbolically washing his hands and saying "i have found no wrong in this man.his blood is on you".and i remember Caiphas responding "let his blood be upon us and our descendants".the reality is the Jews killed Yeshwa.history tells us that at the time,jerusalem was under the control of rome but wasnt deemed much of a threat hence they were allowed certain freedom.the Bible itself acknowledged the only reason they approached the romans was because they wanted crucifixion which could only be ordered by the romans.
oga buzugee,i know i have very low IQ,but i know the Jews killed Yeshwa and i know till this date,Jews dont accept Yeshwa as their messiah.they keep their shabbath on saturday,celebrate the feast of unleavened bread,they adhere to the Torah and dont read the new testament.the jewish state religion is judaism and the wailing wall means more to them than the pool of bethsaida
the jewish pharisees offered him up. however the roman authorities killed him. they were under roman occupation. and i keep telling you, the biblical jews are not the white people in israel today who read the talmud and dont accept christ. geez do some research and stop reposting the same crap about jews not accepting 'yeshwa' . those are converts to judaism. for them it is a religion. THOSE ARE NOT THE BIBLICAL JEWS angry LOL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 140000 Are The only Ones To Go To Heaven? / Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? / Muslim 1:30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.