Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Caution: Boiling Water In Microwave Ovens - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Caution: Boiling Water In Microwave Ovens (1140 Views)

The Effects Of Microwave Ovens On Health / 5 Advantages Of Drinking Water In The Morning / Foods Heat In Microwave May Cause Death (research) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caution: Boiling Water In Microwave Ovens by sixbon2000(m): 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2012
I feel that the following is information that anyone who uses a microwave oven to heat water should know. My 26-year old son decided to have a cup of coffee. He took a cup of water and put it in the microwave to heat it up (something that he had done numerous times before).

I am not sure how long he set the timer for, but he told me he wanted to bring the water to a boiling point. When the timer shut the oven off, he removed the cup from the oven. As he looked into the cup, he noticed that the water was not boiling, but instantly the water in the cup "blew up" into his face. The cup remained intact until he threw it out of his hand but all the water had flown out into his face due to the build up of energy. His whole face is blistered and he has 1st and 2nd degree burns to his face that may leave scarring. He also may have lost partial sight in his left eye.......

Re: Caution: Boiling Water In Microwave Ovens by Kslib(m): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ouch!!!
Re: Caution: Boiling Water In Microwave Ovens by dominique(f): 8:53am On Aug 24, 2012
this is the first time i'm hearing of such.. i never really liked the device. i hardly use to except i absolutely need to. wish the dude full recovery sha.
Re: Caution: Boiling Water In Microwave Ovens by rodeo0070(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2012
YOU MAY FIND THIS DISTURBING BUT I HOPE ITS HELPS...
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=127846&page=1#.UDiFQKBSriQ

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria-trained Doctors Ranksecond On UK Blacklist / Doctors Empowered To Remove Patients’ Organs Without His Consent / Sad News, Baby Girl Born With 1 Eye And A P*on Her Forehead Dies .(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.