Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? (1233 Views)

Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / Native Doctors, Occultic Men Now Operate As Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? by acidtalk: 11:24am On Jul 11, 2012
Every Religion like every family, nation, ethnic group, school, office, occapation and all. They have both the Good and Bad ones.

So also we will find the good and bad eggs amongst religious leaders within different religious groups and society.

In those days (early 90s and before), religious leaders cared mostly about Winning souls (salvation) and preaching the true words of God. But today what we find is most of them preaching prosperity and how to acquire wealth. Wealth not to spend in the way of God. But wealth so one can come and be a major financier in the religious house.

We have even heard of some religious leaders openly defending stolen items like generator, cars, houses and the rest they received from known financial criminals and workers of blue chip companies.

Today do we still have religious leaders that preach the word of God? If yes, where do we find them most. The Mosque or the Church?
Re: Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? by Delafruita(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
the foundation of modern day christianity is corrupt so its not suprise that christianity is corrupt.pastors use the bible to fleece their followers.churches are established by individuals probably from a tiny apartment.net thing is "lets build a befitting edifice for the lord".next thing is "lets make the lord's house fully air-conditioned",then "its time to start "planting" churches to win souls for the lord".
this is not to absolve muslim clerics of corruption.there have been reports of imams who "borrowed" mosque money.but the foundation of islam doesnt include "give 10% otherwise heaven is closed".it doesnt make it compulsory to give offerings.sometimes a mosque might be in construction for years because donation isnt made mandatory and members arent told "if you want to own your own house,build a house for allah".
corruption exists both ways,but christianity has sewn it into its fabric by giving pastors biblical backing to fleece their "sheep"

1 Like

Re: Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? by acidtalk: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
That's some very enlightening contributions there.
Re: Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? by Busybody2(f): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2012
Congratulations to them and more grease to their elbows.

Next topic cool
Re: Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? by justaqad(m): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
Delafruita: the foundation of modern day christianity is corrupt so its not suprise that christianity is corrupt.pastors use the bible to fleece their followers.churches are established by individuals probably from a tiny apartment.net thing is "lets build a befitting edifice for the lord".next thing is "lets make the lord's house fully air-conditioned",then "its time to start "planting" churches to win souls for the lord".
this is not to absolve muslim clerics of corruption.there have been reports of imams who "borrowed" mosque money.but the foundation of islam doesnt include "give 10% otherwise heaven is closed".it doesnt make it compulsory to give offerings.sometimes a mosque might be in construction for years because donation isnt made mandatory and members arent told "if you want to own your own house,build a house for allah".
corruption exists both ways,but christianity has sewn it into its fabric by giving pastors biblical backing to fleece their "sheep"

seriously i admire ur comments,i would really like to know you.
Re: Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? by Delafruita(m): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
justaqad:

thanks
Re: Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? by acidtalk: 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
justaqad:

He wasn't bias at all and totally nailed the point.
Re: Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? by ublog360(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2012
God searchet the hearts of man. it is not for you to judge or accertain who is who. God knows who is on trial.
Re: Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? by acidtalk: 10:11am On Jul 12, 2012
ublog360: God searchet the hearts of man. it is not for you to judge or accertain who is who. God knows who is on trial.

Must we always involve God at the slightest opportunity?

Did God instruct them to live large at the expense of their congregation members?

2 Likes

Re: Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? by paxonel(m): 5:28am On Oct 24, 2014
ublog360:
God searchet the hearts of man. it is not for you to judge or accertain who is who. God knows who is on trial.
i am a Christian too, i go to church, but leave God out of this. the post is absolutely correct

(1) (Reply)

Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! / Message From Lord To The Leadership Class Of Nigeria / Apostle Dr. T.O Obadare Given A State Burial By Osun State Government At Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.