Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? (15405 Views)

The Best Internet Solution Now In Nigeria (fiber-optics Over Satelite) / Best (vsat) Internet Service Provider In Nigeria / VSAT in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:38pm On Dec 18, 2009
hmmmn, interesting things blogs. imagine this discussion a few years ago!

well, i dunno but i think some of the assumptions above have been proven wrong! naija factor!

anyway, i appreciate the constraints but the question remains, is the technology available actually capable of delivering genuine broadband over-the-air? i think not, but am no professional.

the way i see it progress in this wise is simply the delivery of genuine broadband to end users! i dont need 100Mbps at home, i just need to have internet that will do all i throw at it as an end user! anything short of that is a failure!

i guess now we wish we never made such a mess of nitel and all those copper cables!!!
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by oriagome: 1:02pm On May 26, 2011
The fiber optics is winning now in terms of price and speed. The vsat is gradually becoming old school except for rural areas.
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by samir101ng(m): 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2011
Is there any reputable place in Lagos that a person can get fibre optics training ??
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by fawwad(m): 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2011
who is providing corportate solution for internet on fiber optics !!! few good names please

we have to reconsider our service provider and i am looking for some one, who has fiber optics connectivity,
please share some good and repured names other than MTN smiley
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by NET1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
nice thread! 6 years after the thread was opened - I believe we have learnt a lot from the sound minds that initiated this debate.

I'll go for Fibre - optics anyway.

.NET
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by sheriffman(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2011
FIBRE is the future its becoming cheaper and faster.

fawwad:

who is providing corportate solution for internet on fiber optics !!! few good names please

we have to reconsider our service provider and i am looking for some one, who has fiber optics connectivity,
please share some good and repured names other than MTN smiley

I know Suburban has fibre connectivity.
By the way I jst got Certified today by the FOA (Fibre Optics Association).I am so so over the moon.
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by NET1(m): 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2011
sheriffman:

FIBRE is the future its becoming cheaper and faster.

I know Suburban has fibre connectivity.
By the way I jst got Certified today by the FOA (Fibre Optics Association).I am so so over the moon.

Congratulations on your certification bro.

.NET
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by routik(m): 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2011
The problem with deploying fiber in Nigeria is the issue of laying the fiber cable. every ISP out there will like to lay their own cable and this will not make sense in anyway. it be much better if one or two companies will lay fiber cables all over Nigeria, rent/lease, manage and maintain it.
So if you want to offer fiber Optics service you don't need to worry about laying and maintaining cable, you just rent/lease already fiber cable in the ground.
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by hakon: 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2011
@Fawwad,
Depending on your location you You can get a reliable service from Hyperia Limited. A lot of corporate organizations like Flour mills, Eko Hotels and many churches that require good INTERNET access for video streaming do use them. Hyperia also offers a free trial period. Hyperia Limited INTERNET service includes last mile on fiber Optics cable or Last mile on point to point Microwave radios. for more details call ikemefuna on 07030106698 or email ikemefuna@hyperia.com. Free equipments available on point to point connections. the taste of the pudding is in the eating A trial of this fiber optic INTERNET service will convince you.
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by Bukky123: 8:47am On Jan 11, 2012
i commend the author of this thread.

undoubtedly, Fiber is the future. Now
i can do my YouTube with ease,
download videos,musics of huge gigabits
watch Nigerian TV stations ( http://www.channelstv.com/global/live_video.php ) from the net live.

its so amazing what i can do with my fiber internet, it is fast, reliable and effective.

KITS is my ISP and they are doing good, you can get connected as well from them.

their contacts are :

KITS technologies limited
www.kittechnologies.com
08034016501 / 08056180574 / 08023213558
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 23, 2012
Of a truth Fiber is the Future, coz its so fast and efficient...
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by MrBako1(m): 12:36am On Dec 29, 2014
Pls how can I get fibre optics internet connection for my home I live around Egbeda Alimosho axis
Re: Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? by tunde300us(m): 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
Alomost every isp in lagos uses fibre as their backbone mr bako,so am sure when u buy any of them u already have fibre in ur house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students) / Must See:how To Get A Macbook Pro For Free (100% Genuine) / Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.