Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords (10494 Views)

6 Most Popular Methods For Cracking Passwords And Their Countermeasures / Change Your Passwords: 2 Million Facebook/Google/Yahoo/Twitter Passwords Stolen / How To Devise Passwords That Drive Hackers Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Ejine(m): 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LMAO!!

You sound like you're advertising for GMAIL.

LOL! grin Trust me, I always dey do 'impromptu promo' for things I like o! I recognize good things when I see them.
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by mrperfect(m): 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
This is sad for internet company as such.
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
Ejiné:

LOL! grin Trust me, I always dey do 'impromptu promo' for things I like o! I recognize good things when I see them.

LOL.
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by donsax: 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
You people keep saying shit about yahoo and wagging mouth against them. Yahoo still has the best security above all emails. If they hackers could had targeted gmail or hotmail, they would have hacked al the registered users. You can't compare yahoo to any kind of email hosters. To those of you unable to logging to your yahoo email through www.yahoomail.com you may be using mtn network on your p.c go through this link www.mail.yahoo.com or on multilink moderm.
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by crackhouse(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
Goodluck Jonathan. Yahoo take note.
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by omosexy1: 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
why is Yahoo lying. This did not happen yesterday, it started on Sunday, I noticed my account was hacked and my account was used to send mails to unknown people. I have been trying to get in touch with Yahoo to notify them of the breach. WTF
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by asidere(m): 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
That means there is no security online,hackers are internet boko haram.up till now i can't still access my yahoo account always telling me that my account has been compromised.my facebook account was also compromise when i found out that a guy from singapore has been using it with me.i hope internet banking/mobile money will be safe and free from all this internet evil
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
Wow hope dey stole mine grin
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Pakavy(m): 10:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
kandiikane: Hey shet! I have compromising photos in my yahoo inbox. tongue
na God catch u!so u b IndecentStar
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Lordrama: 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2012
some of this hackers are nigeria yahoo yahoo they need yahoo id and password for T/T Payment
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Georgeolawole(m): 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
Ah Ah Hackers have gone viral! Lol.. But seriously, yahoo need to step up its game. Yahoo unlike google's gmail still operates with obsolete program strings which makes it annoyingly very slow n takes ages to load. Hope Yahoo rectify this bridge asap.
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Lilspicer(f): 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
Sum of una na old fashion just lik people still usin mtn and u no dey kept on cheatin u am on gmail if u dont lik it go to www.mail.in is easy and free hard to hack thankme later or hotmail.com live.com arent to popular so is hard for hackers to guess
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by kobikwelu(m): 2:51am On Jul 13, 2012
first of all, who said they used sql injection??

impossible ..

any website in this age (2012) that can fall to sql injection, the admin should be tied on the roof and flogged 200 strokes with koboko (under the sun)
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 13, 2012
Na true oooooooOoooo shoooo
My yahoo no gree open again and I dey expect different jobs invitation.
Yahoo me and u don share our property today
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by DammyFx: 4:17am On Jul 13, 2012
Yahoo They've Been vulnerable From Day One

Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Next2Bezee(m): 4:49am On Jul 13, 2012
kobikwelu: first of all, who said they used sql injection??

impossible ..

any website in this age (2012) that can fall to sql injection, the admin should be tied on the roof and flogged 200 strokes with koboko (under the sun)

I did, The most likely way they'd have stolen those accounts was by querying, mapping and tricking the unsecured database.

And you'd be surprised that even the biggest sites have sqli vulnerabilities...

Check these - http://thehackernews.com/2012/05/ibm-research-domain-hacked-and-defaced.html
http://thehackernews.com/2011/08/teamp0ison-nasa-forum-is-vulnerable-sql.html
http://thehackernews.com/2011/07/dukascopy-forex-swiss-bank-vulnerable.html

Lordrama: some of this hackers are nigeria yahoo yahoo they need yahoo id and password for T/T Payment

Huge difference between Hackers and Yahoo Yahoo boys grin
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by a1solution: 6:27am On Jul 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill: People still send emails??!! shocked shocked

I guess Telepathy hasn't made it to some parts of the world yet.

Too bad! undecided
telepathy can not be used to send lengthy message and beside not everyone concious level that can receive and understand, make use of it. People are still developing. Sum are still in church their pastors are secretly devoping theirselves while dey live in ignorance
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by pecopeco: 6:57am On Jul 13, 2012
Please be extremely careful especially
if using internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL
and so on. This information arrived this morning direct
from both Microsoft and Norton.Please send it to everybody
you know who has access to the Internet. You may receive an
apparently harmless email with aPower Point
presentation 'Life is beautiful.'
If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE
UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it
immediately. If you open this file,a message
will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too
late now, your life is no longer beautiful.'
Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR
PC and the person who sent it toyou will gain
access to your name, e-mail and password. This
is a new virus which started to circulate on Tuesday afternoon.
AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus software's
are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a
hacker who calls himself 'life owner.' PLEASE SEND A COPY OF
THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by jelikay: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2012
my account was affected thank God i was online to receive the notification, i quickly changed my password.
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Rinameh: 8:35am On Jul 13, 2012
Wow! Hackers always one step ahead

---------------------------------------

join us at www.wedeytalk.com.ng for that unique online Nigerian community experience: for naija by naija and share your tech views
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 13, 2012
miracle4: u can use this link to check if your was hacked http://labs.sucuri.net/?yahooleak
Thanks, I just check mine, it says Good: Email "not found in leak." However, I've stopped using Yahoo since i register with Gmail.
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 13, 2012
charlsecy4: The hacking was a "wake up" call, not a threat.
It's Gmail for me. There was a time we had to put down our email address. The list was full of ....@yahoo.com. I think only mine was ...@gmail.com
i've seen that at school too!
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by adoniza(m): 10:39am On Jul 13, 2012
I think yahoo really needs a team of new engineers, they are almost down and out.
I can't use there service for any serious mail
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by jonsn: 10:49am On Jul 13, 2012
Is that also one of the reasons why several people's account has been claimed to be blocked by yahoo! when account holders attempt to login to their Yahoomail account via a desktop, even when they can successfully access their mails on their phones. Yahoomessenger and or m.loginyahoo.com has been the only backdoors to getting them access to the yahoo accounts. This is worrysome for alot of peeps. As for me all my mails have been migrated to my gmail.com and my hotmail.com accounts.
Worst of all the captcha service on the login screen isn't working at all. Growss!
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
LOL @ Ileke and Okija_juju's conversation grin

@topic... Na real wa o!!

that's a crying shame. There is always something wrong with yahoo.
if not hackers it's their apps tongue or the site itself.
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2012
Do people still use yahoomail when there so many means of sending a mail
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Bastiger(m): 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
miracle4: u can use this link to check if your was hacked http://labs.sucuri.net/?yahooleak

tanx,checked mine and it was good
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by Revolva(m): 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
Yahoo is bleeped up can you imagine one can't even log in yahoo on mobile no more yeye email service before I used to like dem even their chat room is full of spam bot bitches webcam sluts and I only maintain my present yahoo for old time sake on my messenger the inbox is full of spam mails damm
Gmail is the best email ave ever seen very light and secure then hotmail live gbam
Re: Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords by wareh(m): 9:19am On Jul 14, 2012
Next2Bezee: SQL Injection most likely, Time to go change my password.

lol. What makes you think so? As much as its the most widely used technic among hacker, have you done a pentest on yahoo to see if its vulnerable to sqli? Read the report and see how they broke in. I haven't though but I don't think yahoo'd be so stupid as to let themselves get hacked thru sqli.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Max Phone And Laptop Deals / How Do I Retrieve My Offline Messages From Yahoo Messenger? / We Have Your Budget, 10k - 100k UK Used Laptops At Affordable Prices With Warran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.