Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Is God Everywhere? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Everywhere? (648 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Everywhere? by Femmymata2(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2012
After viewing the pictures of murdered adults,children and infants who had been matcheted,burnt,shot e.t.c. I grieved that it could have been me since those children did not choose their parents or the place they found themselves. Blaming God for evil things that occur does not change anything. The bible affirms God omnipresence by stating that no leave can drop from a tree without its knowledge. This now prompts the question that: Was God present in those villages and viewing the massacres and carnage that was going on, did God want at any moment want to stop it while the butchering of an infant and the mother trying to protect it, the if God is aware of these incidence and allowed it to occur, i'll like to know why?
Re: Is God Everywhere? by Delafruita(m): 11:27am On Jul 13, 2012
Femmymata2: After viewing the pictures of murdered adults,children and infants who had been matcheted,burnt,shot e.t.c. I grieved that it could have been me since those children did not choose their parents or the place they found themselves. Blaming God for evil things that occur does not change anything. The bible affirms God omnipresence by stating that no leave can drop from a tree without its knowledge. This now prompts the question that: Was God present in those villages and viewing the massacres and carnage that was going on, did God want at any moment want to stop it while the butchering of an infant and the mother trying to protect it, the if God is aware of these incidence and allowed it to occur, i'll like to know why?
1,God was present
2.the question should be "has god ever stopped any massacre?"
more than 30million people died in WW1,more than 50million in WW2,did God stop these?
3.i dont know why.either ask google or ask god
Re: Is God Everywhere? by braine(m): 11:42am On Jul 13, 2012
I ask the same question every time. I wonder what reason he has, to allow all these things happen.
Re: Is God Everywhere? by Areaboy2(m): 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
Really a very interesting topic for debate. i think a very good quote that covers most of your query is

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"... Epicurus

around 62million ppl died in ww2 to be exact. but let us use todays terms. 9million children die every year from disease starvation and everything evil we can think of. why not do something for them!

Yet someone "ask" for promotion in his work place then God readily "answers" that undecided. what sort of priority is that? angry (please dont give me that mysterious way bullsh1t)

keeping in mind that the quest for promotion is one in pursuit of wealth. and the bible quotes in Luke 6: 24 "But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation."

You can easily say i'm cherry picking (or out of context LOL). Thats ur opinion tongue

(1) (Reply)

When Religion Does Not Make Sense. Fasting And Olympics / Huff And Puff All You Want, God Is On His Throne And There Is Nothing You Can Do / Christians Disrespected In Christ's Motherland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.