Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,140 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu (8189 Views)

UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely / Unn Pume card, Past Pume Questions And Answers and accommodation For Free / WAEC Examination Leakage Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
Enugu — A 23- year old apprentice printer, Chukwuka Okereke, was yesterday arraigned before the Federal High Court sitting in Enugu for allegedly masterminding the leakage of the University of Nigeria Post-UME question papers which led to the cancellation of the examination recently.

Okereke, an apprentice with Cheston Agency Press Limited, Enugu was arraigned before Justice D. V. Agishi on a two count charge of conspiracy and examination malpractice.

He was arrested by the State Security Service, SSS, in Enugu about three weeks ago following a discreet investigation into the leakage which was described as a major embarrassment to the university.

A Principal Legal Officer from Enugu State Ministry of Justice, Mr. Anayo Edeh, alleged that the accused committed the offence on or before June 14, about five days to the examination.

Okereke was said to have conspired with one Godwin Chukwu, now at large, to commit examination malpractice contrary to section 10 (a) and (c) of Examination Malpractices Act.The prosecution also alleged that Okereke at the same time and place, with intent to secure an unfair advantage for another person delivered to Godwin Chukwu a question paper intended to be used for post JAMB examination at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka which is contrary to section 1 (b) (2) (c) of the Examination Malpractices Act.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201207120377.html
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
Man must wack!!
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Willy411: 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2012
May God help him, cos he try the almight lion himself, I wish he would'nt be sentenced to prison.

1 Like

Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by sayso: 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2012
All the lecturers in the school that commit exam malpractice nko?who will arraign them for court?stupid law for the less privilege.Anyway I am not supporting the act by Okereke.

1 Like

Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Uchenna42(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2012
Let the jail him............his crime frustrated many people that day!......
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by bejay766: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2012
Him alone? where are others?
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by ibide(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2012
The school should have got their printer in the printing department why looking out to do their job ?

3 Likes

Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by kaiter: 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2012
Nice post thanks for sharing.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by tonyx4x44(m): 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
Rymzo: Enugu — A 23- year old apprentice printer,
na HP abi na toshiba grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by akinmusi(m): 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2012
Naija no ni.
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2012
What are they waiting to jail/arraign Facrook Lawan, Oil subsidy thieves? . . . So they now have enough evidence to prosecute when the poor are involved?

A government that is Strong against the weak and weak against the strong. . . SMH

4 Likes

Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
Jail him!!

Now we know where the "high" scores came from.
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by linearity: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
Please pardon my ignorance....

What is the relevance of each Universities UME exams? Is JAMB and relevant O level results no longer the singular criteria for admission into 100 levels in Nigeria Universities?

Yes, I understand pre-degree & direct entry exams/requirements of some universities...But it appears that these UME exams are not the same as these.

Or are successful JAMB candidates now required to take and pass a UME examination in these Universities before their matriculation or some Universities have opted out of using JAMB as their admission criteria?

When I took JAMB in the early 1990s, I got a result in the mail from JAMB, few weeks later, I got an admission letter from one of the three Universities of my choices...then traveled to that University, enrolled presenting my O level papers, etc, got my hostel, started lectures and somewhere in between we did matriculation, have things changed?

Thanks in advance...
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Solomonadejo(m): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
Willy411: May God help him, cos he try the almight lion himself, I wish he would'nt be sentenced to prison.
undecided :-/ Of Course He would...He his a Poor Man nah
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by kheart(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2012
ibide: The school should have got their printer in the printing department why looking out to do their job ?
same thought, UNN go get printing press?
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by idmanzik: 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
So stupid of a University of 52 years (apologies to my lions and lionesses).
Why should such materials be printed outside the University community?
UNN is big or old enough to have their own printing press.

Abeg make them free the 23-year old boy joor. Have they arraigned all those useless lecturers that sell grades?

Naija for show!
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Ejine(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2012
Whatever happened to "University of Nigeria Press".
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Ejine(m): 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2012
idmanzik: So stupid of a University of 52 years (apologies to my lions and lionesses).
Why should such materials be printed outside the University community?
UNN is big or old enough to have their own printing press.

Abeg make them free the 23-year old boy joor. Have they arraigned all those useless lecturers that sell grades?

Naija for show!

The aptitude test exercise itself reeks of fraud. No wonder they outsourced its publishing - to keep costs at the barest minimum, so as to maximize their gains for the sake of their own insatiable greed.
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2012
linearity: Please pardon my ignorance....

What is the relevance of each Universities UME exams? Is JAMB and relevant O level results no longer the singular criteria for admission into 100 levels in Nigeria Universities?

Yes, I understand pre-degree & direct entry exams/requirements of some universities...But it appears that these UME exams are not the same as these.

Or are successful JAMB candidates now required to take and pass a UME examination in these Universities before their matriculation or some Universities have opted out of using JAMB as their admission criteria?

When I took JAMB in the early 1990s, I got a result in the mail from JAMB, few weeks later, I got an admission letter from one of the three Universities of my choices...then traveled to that University, enrolled presenting my O level papers, etc, got my hostel, started lectures and somewhere in between we did matriculation, have things changed?

Thanks in advance...

Yeah things have changed a lot. Half of the candidates of JAMB cheat, so Universities etc do theirs pretending they are stricter. The thieves still go in and await departments.While some good ones miss out by not getting the info or having the money or both etc.
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Castos(m): 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
Futo also leaked but they covered it up. Shame to them.
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by donaldunga(m): 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
I was more dan frustrated dat day. Dey better talk sumtin reasonable oo, cos they got many people stranded nd many lives in danger.
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by ipromise: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2012
Being a secondary deviant he should be punish less bcus he committed simple offence. He should plead for leniency..The rich makes law, while the poor suffer law..
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by StarrMatthieu: 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2012
Much appreciated
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by ebamma(m): 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
why will any sane university give it utme test questions to a road side printer to print?
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by tessyade: 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2012
@emmalezy, I wonder how your post relates to the topic.
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Henrick007: 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2012
jail is too much for just stealing a question paper na afteral if u even answer all d question in any exam dat does not guarantee u d best result.
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by sanmiakinseye(m): 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
Infact does nigeria regulate law again, i doubt dat. I will not blame d boi because malpractise as taken ova everything. Y will such skool go out nd give such thing outside. U can see dat d school also knew about it.investigation shld be carried out properly
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by Adufaye(m): 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2012
is not his fault,bside naija is a corrupt nation,evry tin in naija required connection,bribes e.t.c! is he d 1st person to do it? angry..many hav been leakin quest in waec,neco,jamb,p.ume e.t.c now dey don catch one dey get mouth to talk..........some student will nt do jamb and post jamb,but dey will b admitted 2 any uni of dere choice and sum wil do jamb and will not do p.ume stil yet dey will b admited in2 d uni 1st*tru talk* CORRUPT NATION...HISS
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by PHIPEX(m): 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
I don't know why UNN does not trust its own printing press which does an excellent job. I also don't know if it's a norm elsewhere but I noticed while there that departments print their question papers outside instead of using the department's printer. It's a big lesson for them and sad one for Post-JAMBites.
Re: UNN PUME Leakage: 23yr Old Printer Arraigned In Enugu by ezenwata4uc(m): 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
that is 9ja way nah

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Study These Courses In Any Of These Universities,You Are On Your Own-NUC / Obafemi Awolowo University Local Government Diplomma Form Is Out! / Download Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) Post UTME Past Questions And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.