Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith (924 Views)

"I Was A Christian For 25 Years." / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Logicboy Was A Christian For 22 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith by chinedumo(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2012
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=469478313071889&set=a.169511783068545.41430.100000291744996&type=1&relevant_count=1
Julie Aftab
She stopped wearing all black, and now calls her scars "my jewel, my gift from God."

"You don't even see the scars anymore," said Lee, 71. "You see so much beauty."

It was June 15, 2002, two weeks into her new job, when the customer spotted her silver cross, a gift from her grandĀ­father. She wore it despite knowing it branded her as Christian, a tiny minority in the Muslim-majority country.

You are living life in the gutter, the Muslim man told her.

She tried to ignore him, remembering what her mother had taught her since she was a child: "You are no one to insult someone's religion. If someone is insulting religion, they have to answer to God."

You are going to hell, the man told her. You are living in darkness.

"I am living in the light," Aftab replied.

So you think Islam is in darkness? the man demanded.

Aftab was frightened. She knew Christians had been accused of violating Pakistan's strict blasphemy laws in the past when others had twisted their words, to make it sound as though they had attacked Islam.

"No, you said that," she replied. "Not me."

But the man was enraged and returned with the battery acid and his friend. When she finally broke away from them, the acid searing her skin and throat, she ran down the street. As she screamed, teeth fell from her mouth and hit the ground.

A woman heard her screams and threw her head cover on Aftab so she could touch her without getting burned. The woman took Aftab to her home and poured water on her. Others eventually came to help take her to the hospital

Re: Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
Religion of Peace indeed !!!
Re: Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith by Delafruita(m): 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2012
frosbel: Religion of Peace indeed !!!
hmm
Re: Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith by Ptolomeus(m): 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
The legacy of Arab and European slavers.
Hundreds of years enslaved Africa ... slavery is abolished, but slavery of thought apparently not.
The slaveholders have been very smart ... first enslaved bodies, then, left slaves minds.
This is the love and kindness they profess Christianity and Islam.
That woman, before being Christian (or Muslim) is a human being, a mother, a daughter) ... by god! end with the fanaticism that has left Africa as the world's least developed continent.
Damn foreign gods, who feed on African blood!

Mother Africa, awake!
Re: Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2012
religion is a disease
Re: Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith by chinedumo(m): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2012
Religion killed Jesus yet he didn't advocate for atheism, agnosticism or the Illuminati
diluminati: religion is a disease
Re: Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith by Ptolomeus(m): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2012
chinedumo: Religion killed Jesus yet he didn't advocate for atheism, agnosticism or the Illuminati
I am not an atheist.
But any religion that encourages this kind of bigotry should be eradicated. No atheist would do something like that!
I insist, Arabs and Europeans enslaved Africa, and then sick with hatred. As Africans continue with that stupid religious hatred, Arabs and Europeans will continue to reign, and Africa remains the continent with the highest rate of infant deaths and deaths from hunger, the continent with the worst level of health, with more infected with AIDS ... the poorest continent ...
Arabs and Europeans are not stupid ... but neither Africans should be.
My respects.
Re: Muslims Pours Acid On A Christian For Her Faith by chinedumo(m): 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
you think!
Ptolomeus:
I am not an atheist.
But any religion that encourages this kind of bigotry should be eradicated. No atheist would do something like that!
I insist, Arabs and Europeans enslaved Africa, and then sick with hatred. As Africans continue with that stupid religious hatred, Arabs and Europeans will continue to reign, and Africa remains the continent with the highest rate of infant deaths and deaths from hunger, the continent with the worst level of health, with more infected with AIDS ... the poorest continent ...
Arabs and Europeans are not stupid ... but neither Africans should be.
My respects.

(1) (Reply)

T B Joshua In Ghana / A Lady Preaches To Her Husband With Her Breasts Out [video] / Which Of D Genders Does God Answer Prayers Faster? Man Or Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.