Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Connecting A Router To A PC Without Modem: Is It Possible? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Connecting A Router To A PC Without Modem: Is It Possible? (2393 Views)

Download Whatsapp For PC Without Bluestacks / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" / Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Connecting A Router To A PC Without Modem: Is It Possible? by Obascoetubi: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
Is it possible to use router with my pc, without modem?
Re: Connecting A Router To A PC Without Modem: Is It Possible? by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 14, 2012
It is possible. What are you achieving? What type of router are u using? For internet access, the modem should be connected to the router or the sim card must be inserted into the router. 08033737534
Re: Connecting A Router To A PC Without Modem: Is It Possible? by Murphy7h4: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2012
Look good
Re: Connecting A Router To A PC Without Modem: Is It Possible? by jjjkkkooo: 6:04am On Jul 15, 2012
Your questioin is not clear? You don't need a modem to connect a router to a pc. But if u want to brwose wt d telecoms (mtn, visaphone etc) u definitely need to put d modem containing sim card.
Re: Connecting A Router To A PC Without Modem: Is It Possible? by DammyFx: 8:48am On Jul 15, 2012
why not
Re: Connecting A Router To A PC Without Modem: Is It Possible? by pmatrixr2: 10:11am On Jul 15, 2012
it is posible this way, modem to pc, router to pc and other pc can now connect wired or wirelessly to the router. You can also use it for hotspot. Call me and i will guide you. 07033795212
Re: Connecting A Router To A PC Without Modem: Is It Possible? by samfibby(m): 3:20am On Jul 16, 2012
Your router is not your internet gateway, its there to redistribute, forward, route ur data traffic either LAN or WAN. Your modem provides the link between your ISP and u, except offcourse u are trying to hack your neighbours wifi 4 free internet access cheesy

(1) (Reply)

SOLD 8gb Ram, 120gb Ssd+1tb Hdd, 6th Gen. Quad-core I7, 4gb Nvidia Gtx 960m / HP Envy M6 For Sale And Dell Inspiron 15 (Up date the HP has been SOLD) / Pls Help! My Laptop Types Without Me Touching It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.