Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,715 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo (9236 Views)

Police Arrests Two Sisters For Kidnapping, Rescues Three Kids (photo) / Police Arrest 18 Year-old Lady, 2 Others For Kidnapping / Police Arrest Ex-banker, Undergraduates For Kidnapping And Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by buffny: 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
\so kidnapping is now a family business in the east. soo funny.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/article/evil-alliance-family-5-arrested-kidnapping
EVIL ALLIANCE: Family of 5 arrested for kidnapping
•Demands N10m ransom

Photo: Sun News Publishing
By: Ngozi Uwujare, Ibadan
Date: Wed, 07/04/2012 - 22:48
It was a day of reckoning for five members of a family as they landed in police net for their alleged role in the kidnapping of a lady in Imo State. The state police command through its Anti-Kidnapping Squad, bust the alleged evil activities of the Osuji family and rescued their victim, Veronica Iwuchukwu, who was first abducted on May 25, 2012 from where she had gone to attend a burial.

The victim, was said to have been kidnapped by the Osujis and taken to their family compound where their mother and younger sisters fed her. Crimewatch gathered athat as soon as the victim was taken to their home, the Osujis phoned the family of the victim demanding for a N10million ransom. While the victim’s family was negotiating the ransom, the Osujis were elated and began to celebrate during which they got themselves drunk.

The victim who noticed that her abductors who were drunk, and have taken enough substance suspected to be drug, cashed in on the situation and fled. Vero as she is fondly called ran into a compound, and was trying to relate her predicament to the occupants, but she was not given the opportunity as she was chased away. Vero ran to another compound where she was also rejected.

Unfortunately, the woman could not run far as the kidnappers who had recovered from their unconsciousness went after her and she was re-abducted by them. Luck eventually ran out on the kidnappers, as some of the youths who witnessed the re-abduction went to the police station and reported the evil act at Mba Olu Police station. The police arrested the Osujis including the father, mother, daughter and two sons. Arrested also were their suspected accomplices.

The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Chris Dega, who confirmed the arrest, said the victim’s family had initially paid N1million ransom and that after collecting the money, the suspects told the victim’s family that they must pay the remaining balance of N9 million. CP Dega said when the report got to the police, the police picked their mother and warned her children through phone call that if they did not release the victim within a specific time, she would be shot.

The Osujis who did not want to gamble with their mother’s life, quickly released Vero. Vero who was praising God and the police for saving her life, told Crimewatch that she had gone for a burial and was abducted at gun- point. She explained how the Osuji’s treated her well “they really took care of me. Their mother and her daughter were cooking and providing me with food.”

The woman who was still in shock on how a whole family would be involved in kidnapping noted that as they were feeding her well, they were still demanding for N10 million ransom. However, Dega who said the force recovered some arms and ammunition in Osujis’ residence said the suspects would soon be arraigned.
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by TrustZee(m): 11:48pm On Jul 14, 2012
Take am easy o
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by Vergil: 11:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
You guys are mean...cmon
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by Vergil: 11:52pm On Jul 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by alaoeri: 10:50am On Jul 15, 2012
Nearly all post hidden na wah oh, family business grin

1 Like

Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by ODB1: 10:51am On Jul 15, 2012
buffny:

She explained how the Osuji’s treated her well “they really took care of me. Their mother and her daughter were cooking and providing me with food.”
Stockholm syndrome
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by leslieu63(m): 10:54am On Jul 15, 2012
why all this hidden post na.
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by UKBobo(m): 10:57am On Jul 15, 2012
This trend has alarming echoes of slavery...is there no communal love or fraternal solidarity in Imo State? Any love must evaporate on leaving your family compound gate, from that point onwards, it's 'crabs in a barrel' syndrome.
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by rapu4real: 10:59am On Jul 15, 2012
Y d hidden posts?
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by Tsmooth1(m): 10:59am On Jul 15, 2012
I wont comment because they would hide my post. Igbo boys na wow oh.
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by gbadexy(m): 11:00am On Jul 15, 2012
Some people are already commenting about easterners and propensity for crime. Una go still hide plenty posts today.
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 15, 2012
The usual suspects must be having a field day if 90% of posts are hidden.
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by konami001: 11:06am On Jul 15, 2012
This is what is called entreprise familiale ....
Re: Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo by gbadexy(m): 11:07am On Jul 15, 2012
UK Bobo: This trend has alarming echoes of slavery...is there no communal love or fraternal solidarity in Imo State? Any love must evaporate on leaving your family compound gate, from that point onwards, it's 'crabs in a barrel' syndrome.
I think the answer is yes, that is why most easterners are their own main enemies and they antagonize themselves as can be seen in politics.
However, don't forget the people that witnessed the re-abduction and reported to the police. I hope there are many people like that there, but I wouldn't want to take my chance to find out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Kidnaps Ex-boss For Accusing Him Of Stealing, Demands N1m Ransom / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Six In Benue / 15-Year-Old Boy Stages Own Kidnap In Jos, Demands N500,000 As Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.