Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (1009 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition by Orikinla(m): 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2012
You cannot have any real poetry competition without naming the judges and the qualification of the judges. And anyone who has not studied Literature and poetry to Ph.D level cannot judge poetry, except it is just a contest for the fun of it.

How many people here can even define a sonnet or haiku?
And judge poetry in content and context?

Many people here posting short sentences here and calling it poetry are just mere entertainers.

Name the judges for the competition and their qualifications.
Re: Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition by maclatunji: 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2012
^LWKMD! Oga you for post this response on the thread for the competition now. The moderator is trying to get peoples interest to literature and poetry, maybe we should cut her and the competition some slack sir. grin
Re: Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition by Rocktation(f): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
Exactly. Go post the Haiku plus Sonnet, you know over there. grin. And YES, poetry does come in short sentences too. It's not everybody that enjoys the newspapers that a lot of us put up here really.
Re: Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition by Veiledprincess: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]
So there lies a ruby in perhaps every girl that knows what maudlin means.
Or has flair for Charlotte Bronte.

I mean she knows where Paris is on the map(actually doesnt).
She has so much to tell you about East Asia and all.
But she starts vomitting the side of her that is just ordinary.
And the magic of her begins to fade.

You've put her on a high pedestal.
She cant stay for so long on.
My advice: do not try to swallow her whole.
Take her in pieces.
Let her feed you slowly.
Dont want so much of her.
There is little there is, it is just highly amplified.

With Love
Ex. Ruby
Re: Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition by Defavouredkings(m): 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
THINGS WE DO FOR LOVE

…While I dreamt of her,
She did the same for him,
Praid for her,
The same she did for him.

I know whom I love but not who loves me,
Yet we are married.

I borrowed for her,
while she gave the borrowed money to him,
Sat at the gate waiting for her to come home,
not knowing that she was doing the same at his,
Yet we are married.

Everythig, I did for her,
And the same, she did for him,
Devorce wants me for herself,
Yet love says no.

Embrace devorce?
That’s the question.

(1) (Reply)

WHAT ARE YOUR FIVE FAVOURITE BOOKS OF ALL TIME? / 15 Best Literary Quotes From Nigerian Novels / Nightmare Story By Dindy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.