Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze (15422 Views)

Weird Things Some Nigerian Ladies Do Just To Have Big & Firm Boobs / Nigerian Ladies And Tattoos / Tatoo Infection! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by plaetton: 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2012
In Europe and American it has become normal for people, men and women, to have different types of Tatoos on different parts of their bodies.
Since, generally speaking, we are a people beholden fads,it is becoming common in Nigeria for ladies, especially the young ones , to have visible tatoos on the upper parts of their bodies.

My first impressions when I see a lady with tatoos on her body is usually "irresponsible,vain,good for fun and thrills but never to be taken serious," etc etc.

Is it just me or do more men get these first impressions?

If so,aren't the ladies jeopardizing or limiting their chances of being taken serious by potential suitors and life partners?

lets here from m everyone, especially the gentlemen.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by plaetton: 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
@moderator:
What is my post doing in the fashion section?.
This is a romance and relationship issue, not a fashion item.
Kindly put it back in the romance or family section where it can get the attention and discussions that it deserves.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by jude33084(m): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by idirect(m): 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ok
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by jude33084(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
winkPersonally I don't like it cool

I had to stop my fiance from doing it smiley because I believe it will be sending the wrong signal out. In our society it is nt fully accepted yet bt in the western world it maybe a normal thing wink
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Its not about Nigerian ladies, its a global craze....
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by plaetton: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2012
Thank you moderator.
grin wink
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by maygah(f): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2012
:PWell mr dats ur opinion abt tatto. Having a tatto shud nt explain who u re. Dahhhh
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by jude33084(m): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
Hey where is Billyonaire? grin
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
I love ladies with tattoos, I love pretty ladies that smoke. I just love them badgurls.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by SisiKill1: 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
Don't you guys get tired?

Everyday it is Nigerian women this, Nigerian women that, Nigerian women thus.

It has gotten so old and redundant!

Show some creativity and mix up the repertoire abeg!

Find another group of people to pick on.

Jeez!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
plaetton: In Europe and American it has become normal for people, men and women, to have different types of Tatoos on different parts of their bodies.
Since, generally speaking, we are a people beholden fads,it is becoming common in Nigeria for ladies, especially the young ones , to have visible tatoos on the upper parts of their bodies.

My first impressions when I see a lady with tatoos on her body is usually "irresponsible,vain,good for fun and thrills but never to be taken serious," etc etc.

If so,aren't the ladies jeopardizing or limiting their chances of being taken serious by potential suitors and life partners?

u can't say any better!
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by plaetton: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Don't you guys get tired?

Jeez!!!

I have no idea what you are talking about. I opened the tread to gauge the opinion of others in order to compare it to mine. That is what a public forum is all about.
I did not say whether my perceptions were right or not, just that they are mine.
It is not about bashing or degrading anyone. Just want to guage the male perceptions of this trend.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by eghost247(m): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2012
rubbish
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by nikkyshyne(f): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Don't you guys get tired?

Jeez!!!
U took the words out of my keypads. So freaking annoying. Dem no dey tire? angry
Since when did ladies become case studies?
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by sheringan(f): 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
maygah: :PWell mr dats ur opinion abt tatto. Having a tatto shud nt explain who u re. Dahhhh

why u no put one for ur forehead nah,if u don't tink Having a tatto shud nt explain who u re. Fowl

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by greatgod2012(f): 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
i really dont like tatoo because t's permanent, i like dynamic fashion/style

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by RichDad1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2012
:PAs for me, any lady with Tatoo===> Ashewo tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by ANYPEN(m): 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
Trends like this comes like heavy flood that one can do little or nothing about & it sweeps through everything everywhere.you just have to put your own head up. Men putting earrings, ladies without headties in church, crazy hairstyles etc are things we all first frowned at in the society but now are everywhere.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by haruna1970(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
Are you just waking up? It's not a new trend. My grandmother wrote her maiden name on her arms. They didn't call it tattoo then. I wonder what they call it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
I luv tatooed girls a lot,i luv wild girls too.am planning how my girl will tatooed her waist immediately afta marriage..my occupation prohibit it,if not,i go don draw tatoo too.its a matter of choice anyway....tatoo artist,here i come.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Tattooboy: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
Billyonaire: I love ladies with tattoos, I love pretty ladies that smoke. I just love them badgurls.
just like me. byt can u marry a 'badgurl'?
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by SisiKill1: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
plaetton: In Europe and American it has become normal for people, men and women, to have different types of Tatoos on different parts of their bodies.

From the countless threads you lot open castigating the Nigerian Lady/Girl/Woman/Female. It is safe to say you don't find her attractive, appealing or worthy to be in a relationship with(tattoo or no tattoo) so why not let her be?

If she wants to tattoo the Eiffel Tower on her cute patootie it is her freaking business. . .it's not like you were gonna have her anyway, so what't the opinion taking for?

Live and let live, people. . .LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by cyril83(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
I love dem badt gurls buh I cant fall in love with them especally gurls that have ear ring in punany and one that has tattoo on her tongue
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Kingsicko(m): 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dats bcus they re afraid of being theirself nd so tink dat being someone else makes dem more acceptd nd appreciated by d society bt 2 d society they re worthless pack of ingrates
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by plaetton: 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

From the countless threads you lot open castigating the Nigerian Lady/Girl/Woman/Female. It is safe to say you don't find her attractive, appealing or worthy to be in a relationship with(tattoo or no tattoo) so why not let her be?

If she wants to tattoo the Eiffel Tower on her cute patootie it is her freaking business. . .it's not like you were gonna have her anyway, so what't the opinion taking for?

Live and let live, people. . .LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!

No one is disputing all that. C'mon we are talking about perceptions here.

For example, there was a time i used to wear only shorts, t-shits and sneakers oimply because I felt comfortable in them. But after a while, people started to pervcieve me as always looking unserious because I did not wear suites and ties in a hot climate.

So perceptions Do affect attitudes.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by MAQclothing: 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
ƑÖя̅ ♍ε̲̣̣ tatoo ℓ̊ like it bt not like ǟ creze one....
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by thelordisgood: 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
i don't think any responsible guy wuld walkup to a gal with tattoo and ask her for serious relationship. Apparently, i considered them as harlot and wayward species.
Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
Tattooboy: just like me. byt can u marry a 'badgurl'?
Naaaaaahhh......I cant marry a badgurl, but I will still keep them badgurls...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by safarigirl(f): 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
I used to be crazy bout tattos, not anymore. Kim Kardashian's smartest words were: Putting a tatoo on my body, is like putting a bumper sticker on a lamborghinni. Suddenly, tatoos have lost their beauty

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
people who do tatooz dont knw wht dey are doing. expensive and responsible people dont do tatooz. for instance, no one intentionally scratches a bentley or lamboghini or a prado jeep. but evry cab driver wants to av an inscription scratched on his taxi. molue (in lagos),inter and intra state transport busses and brt buses av diff inscriptns scratched on dem. its not so for expensive private cars. so if u av a tatoo, ur a molue.
cheesy cool

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze by basty: 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
I think this topic might be perceived differently. During the times of our mothers, we knew what was called laali, just like tatoo.
This is still beign practised by the Hausa ladies in the North of Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Popular Water Based Moisturizers For My Oily Skin That I Can Afford / Hair Must Grow Naija: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home. / Interested In Buying Ladies Handbags, Perfumes And More? From Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.