Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? (6561 Views)

See How This Pupils Recieve Lesson In A Class(photo) / HELP: Good And Affordable Montesorri Schools In Surulere / Online And Offline Jamb Lesson In Progress!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by omogenikky(f): 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2006
Hi ,
Does anyone know of any good SAT preparation school or lesson in Lagos. Good place with good results. My brother needs to take SAT classes. Please let me know ASAP.
Thanks.
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by baby4u2(f): 11:09pm On Apr 05, 2006
MET educational institute. dey go chop ur money but they'll teach him well. plus dont make them choose the school for ur bro, make sure u choose the school or he chooses the school. pluz yeah its good.
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by chinani(f): 11:15pm On Apr 05, 2006
I dunno 'cause I don't live in Lagos but regardless get your hands on a PRINCETON REVIEW or KAPLAN study book/guide. TRUST ME, a person who's not afraid of hardwork can do more w/ that than in any class. I outperformed friends who dropped $900 on a several month class w/ one of those books. Read the tips & techniques. Practice several times. Work on vocabulary!!! Good luck my dear.
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by omogenikky(f): 12:39am On Apr 06, 2006
thanks, chinani and baby4u2
he will use the books , we just think a structured program will be better for him, this SAT is a new one, and nooooo way are they goiing to choose a school for him.

thanks, seun
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by Ynot(m): 2:27am On Apr 06, 2006
Thought ACT is more easier than SAT? Abi his intended school don't accept ACT?
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by chinani(f): 2:51am On Apr 06, 2006
Er, maybe. Anyhow, you can't write "more easier" on the SAT! LOL! Only teasing. grin
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by zebudaya(m): 3:49am On Apr 06, 2006
I went to USIS United States Information Service, they didn't teach me much, they didn't really teach me anything i couldn't learn on the internet or from the books. because all i did was go there and study on my own, and then take their practice tests, looking back i think i was hustled , but then again i didn't have the motivation to stay home and study by myself. I needed to associate with others who had the same goal. or I would be having way too much fun elsewhere!!! but I'm here I'm almost done with my degree so i think they helped a little bit.
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by gigitte(f): 6:03am On Apr 06, 2006
MET is good (hearsay oh)
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by omogenikky(f): 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2006
please, where is MET educational institute?
Don't u have to pay $200 or something at USIS, and thats just for the use of their facilities,
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by gigitte(f): 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2006
the MET i know of is in lekki, close to white sands school, just keep going on that long road and on the right watch out for the white sands school sign, MET is close to it

i think USIS and EAC are a good thing to buy into, they help you out even if you pay $200, i thot it was $100 sha, i think its still worth it sha. lots of my friends went there nd some evn got scholarships. also you build a network of friends here in yankerz before you even come. but dont let anybody gbaju you into a school or major you dont want
and MOST importantly when it comes to getting that visa, they REALLY help out. even if the embassy rejects you, EAC will fight for you (f'real)
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by baby4u2(f): 6:32pm On Apr 06, 2006
the MET in lekki is no more. u have to try the MET in apapa.
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by gigitte(f): 9:38pm On Apr 06, 2006
eh sorry for wrong info!

what happened to it?
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by WesleyanA(f): 1:49am On Apr 07, 2006
I'm currently enrolled in some SAT prep class. It's pretty cheap but not as comprehensive as those expensive ones ( Princeton, Kaplan e.t.c) but who cares. you learn basically the same thing.

I'll advice you to take the Practice SAT (psat) first to see where you stand and what to improve on.
you could get a study guide for cheap (about $15-20) and stay commited to it.

there are some websites with practice exams only i'm too lazy to start compiling. (type in "practice SAT" in google search)
and you could go on www.collegeboard.com, sign up and they'll send you a practice question in your e-mail everyday (not that i actually read mine lipsrsealed)

I'm taking mine in May and for some reason i feel very inclined to do really well on it.
If only the adcoms didn't put too much weigh on those stupid exams. It's all good though.

goodluck on your exams. wish me luck too! smiley

oh yeah. i didn't answer your question did I?
No, i don't know where people take SAT prep courses at in Lagos. Sorry.

(when are you taking the exams BTW? May? June?)
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by WesleyanA(f): 1:50am On Apr 07, 2006
I'm sorry!
Your brother's taking the exams. Not you.
see what happens when i'm not thinking straight. undecided
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by balash(m): 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2006
10kz for been sensible enough to bring up this topic am also writeing sat but anyone can i ask a question if i pass sat well well can i be priviledge enough for schorlarship in london any body with good answer plz reach me 0802442562 plz if u will give me i good reply i will buy u credit back for real
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by omogenikky(f): 5:37pm On Apr 07, 2006
SAT isn't for "london" schools.
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by balash(m): 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2006
THANK U VERY MUCH BUT WHT EXAMZ IS FOR LONDON SCHOOLS PLZ ANY GOOD REPLY AND THE TYME IT WILL BE
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by adidison(m): 2:01am On Apr 10, 2006
MET is actually a cool place. The location depends on where you live or the one that is more convenient cus they have a branch in Oba-akran Avenue, ikeja (that’s the one i went to) and they have another one at Yaba or so. And again try to get this Barons book; it’s actually the best way to prepare for the test on your own. Good / Best of luck with your SAT.
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by Hotstepper(f): 3:31am On Apr 10, 2006
SAT-another JAMB wink
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by bolex(m): 1:03am On Apr 13, 2006
If anyone knows anything about SAT runz

Hit me up

I hear of a 'golden child'

Let someone who understands the levels holla me

grin grin
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by adidison(m): 3:32am On Apr 13, 2006
O boy !!! good luck O!!! i hope you see ur "silver son".
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by honeybonie(f): 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2007
Does any one know, the phone number, email address or contact address of the MET EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE. My sister will be taking her exams on the 3oth of march and she needs to be tutored. Thanks[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by mrobruche: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
Use Diction Masters 08176532474 service is excellent
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by privatetisa(m): 1:50pm On May 15, 2017
#DeProfSAT

SAT PREPARATORY CLASSES
The SAT is a very essential examination taken by students seeking admission into American universities.
Broadly speaking, it consists of two major subjects: English Language and Mathematics. The English Language test is further divided into three areas: Reading, Evidence-based Writing and Essay(Optional test).
The SAT is now known as 'The Redesigned SAT' - starting from March 2016. The major element/feature of The Redesigned SAT is its requirement for in-depth analytical ability on the part of the students taking the examination. American educators believe that people coming to study in their colleges and universities or those coming to work in their various institutions should have an optimal level of intellectual ability to do creative and result-oriented work.
At the Be-Noble Home School, we, the tutors, know the strategies for scoring marks above 1350/1600 in The Redesigned SAT. We do not only teach these strategies to our students but we ensure that they fully adopt and effectively use them.
Our aim is to have some of our students having the perfect score of 1600/1600.
For a good and result-oriented tutor to prepare your child for the SAT, contact Teacher Femi( (DeProf) on 08168974531 08093162871
Private Tutor Teacher Home Lesson School Exam Good SAT ACT JAMB SSCE WAEC GCE Checkpoint IGSCE Adult Education Mathematics English Reading Writing Science ICAN ATS Learning Difficulty Problem Challenge Dyslexia Dyxcalculia Preparation Preparatory High Perfect Score Lagos Island Ikeja Lekki Ajah Ikoyi Victoria VGC

Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by privatetisa(m): 8:48am On Dec 18, 2017

Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by privatetisa(m): 5:49am On Dec 31, 2017
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by privatetisa(m): 1:30am On Jan 01, 2018
#DeProfSAT

SAT Prep Tutor, Lagos.
When your Year 11(SS2) or Year 12(SS3) child prepares for the SAT with us, we promise that s/he won't score less than 1300 in the test.
We can even bet on 1500 and above for our students that are studious, obedient and above average in their academics.
For a result-oriented and experienced SAT prep tutor in Lagos, Nigeria, call or 'whatsapp' Teacher Femi(DeProf) on 08168974531, 08093162871.
Thank you.
Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by privatetisa(m): 2:01am On Mar 12, 2018
#DeProf

@SAT Prep Tutors, Lagos.,

@LagosSATProf

Facebook: /LagosSATProf

fb. me/LagosSATProf

Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by privatetisa(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
#DeProf
#DeProfSAT

Re: Help! Good SAT Prep School/Lesson In Lagos? by privatetisa(m): 6:30am On May 30, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Meaning Of Ebora Oru / How To Be A Balance Student As A Christian / Pharmacy Students In Unimaid Viewing Their 1st Semester Results-(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.