Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,891 members, 7,841,320 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC (6616 Views)

Nafdac Arrest Man With Fake Drugs Worth N40million In Asaba / Fake Drugs Alert: Nairalanders/nigerians Beware. / NAFDAC Intercepts And Seizes 4*40ft & 1*20ft Containers Of Fake Drugs At Apapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Litmus: 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2012
[size=14pt]Counterfeit Drugs Pose Dangers in 90 Countries Worldwide[/size]

Focusing on Africa, Mages said her company has seen counterfeit drugs in Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda. Mages praised Nigeria for taking the lead in combating the onslaught of counterfeit drugs.

http://nigeriandoctor.com/news.php?item.1120.7
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
That could be due to lack of stringent measures to curb fake drugs in the country. With the rampant bribery and corruption in the country it is easy to get fake drugs into the market to the detriment of the ordinary citizens.

If NAFDAC is serious they should start working with the ordinary citizens to arrest the situation by reporting fake drugs small factories in basement, shanty buildings,market places,surroundings,etc.
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by 2mch(m): 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
There should be a death penalty for anyone that imports and aides the import of fake goods into the country. After the first 20 have been killed others will abandon the biz.
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2012
2mch: There should be a death penalty for anyone that imports and aides the import of fake goods into the country. After the first 20 have been killed others will abandon the biz.

Lol . . Nice laff for a hot afternoon
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by ifihearam: 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
T-smooth:
@ifeharam, it may seems funny to you but people take it personal especially those u target. I would advice u to desist from it.

Okay. Peace flag raised
You r my guy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Piyke: 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2012
So why is the DG of nafdac telling us this If i were the president he would have got his sack letter today angry When Dora Akunyeli was there we saw how things were moving fake companies getting busted everyday.

The bottom line is that the nafdac of today is very much to blame for this angry angry
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by linearity: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2012
What is the true definition of a counterfeit drug in Nigeria?

Is it drugs that did get NAFDAC approval b4 importation or clearance?

I think, if one import generic penadol, which cheaper than the brand name penadol and has been tested and approved by laboratory to contain the same chemical component of the brand name penadol, NAFDAC will seize them and term them as counterfeit drugs if one did not get the necessary approval or license from them..

So in many cases 'counterfeit' drug does not mean fake drug.
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Cupidkc(m): 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
Shocked? Huh! Nt at al.
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by 2fine2fast(m): 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
Death penalty for fake[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] drug importers: nafdac does not make d laws for d nation. Nafdac had proposed to the N-assembly to make that offence a life jail but they are not forthcomin.
Nafdac not doing anything: you have to read your papers n listen to d news to know aw much Nafdac is doing. The D-G was jus being modest,frank and realistic to have said those words.u don't expect everybody to accrue 100% to himself lik our most reverred Maurice Iwu.
As perfect n sophisticated America is they have tons of problems concerning drugs n narcotics.just google it u wil see.
With al sense of modesty ; NAFDAC is one of d most effective and efficient bodies in Nigeria. It is globally recognised.
Please don't take this issue personal,let's jus contribute our individual efforts to drive this great country forward. Try n see n say positive tins about our fatherland.
Nafdac....safeguarding the health of the nation
NIGERiA....great nation,good people
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
This piece of information points out the present NAFDAC president is not doing his job very well.
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Yeske2(m): 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
kandiikane: Ha!

lol, seun come on, na. Stop finding excuses. cheesy
But what Seun said is true.
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Elucivestone: 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2012
angryWho else it to blame if no 4 our weak custom workers? Shun, we suppose dae gr8ful say our country still dae in existence.
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by abugbe(m): 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
sef me don stop to waste money say me dey go chemist store for their fake drugs, na native mecidince me dey take now. But GOD dey sha...... Naija we go survive
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Kazeem1987: 12:45am On Jul 19, 2012
And it's the IGBOS that are selling all these fake drugs. They bring all their sh*t to Yorubaland. Why can't they just phuck off? Why must they indulge in criminal behavior all the time?
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Solemntee: 9:39am On Jul 19, 2012
How are d fake drugs imported? Or produced within nigeria, where and how are dey sold in d mkt and what are d efforts put in place to stem d tide or eliminate counterfeit drugs in nig by bodies or organisations concernedn and efforts at senstising nigerians both elites and masses.
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Kunlebabs375: 11:46am On Jul 19, 2012
Tell me na who de manufacture the drug na....we wan wipe out our generation ne?
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Fhemmmy: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2012
Kunlebabs375: Tell me na who de manufacture the drug na....we wan wipe out our generation ne?

Brilliant question that probably will NEVER be answered, but then our govt needs to do more to protect the people

Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Piyke: 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
abugbe: sef me don stop to waste money say me dey go chemist store for their fake drugs, na native mecidince me dey take now. But GOD dey sha...... Naija we go survive

Guy please watch your liver and kidneys o!!!!!!!!!!!
I know the number of patients we managed at unth for liver & kidney failure as a result of herbal remedies. I am not saying they don't work, the problem is that its dosing is not worked out scientifically so people end taking more than they need and ruin their organs. The seller may just tell u take two cups morning & night but that may contain a hundred times more than you need
Re: Nigeria, Largest Market For Fake Drugs — NAFDAC by Horus(m): 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKX4vVsiFbE

Mpedigree Technology To Detect Fake Drugs

Recent reports on fake or expired drugs on the Nigerian market are threatening health care delivery in the country. Technology has been found to fight this negative influence. GTV's brings an insight into Mpedigree, an anti-counterfeiting system for detecting fake drugs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Babies These Days Born With Their Eyes Open? / COVID-19 Containment Orders: Enugu Police Move Against Violators / Liberia Declared Ebola-free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.