Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus (1290 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by africanboy(m): 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2006
Saw this link and thought people would like to talk about it. Have seen a number of links that queried most of Jesus' miracles, this seems to be the newest.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-04-05T150131Z_01_N04400457_RTRUKOC_0_US-SCIENCE-JESUS.xml
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by mlksbaby(f): 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2006
africanboy,
what is your own conclusion? Are you "Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus" or you "would like to talk about it"?
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by africanboy(m): 10:26am On Apr 06, 2006
would rather discuss it in the house first, then make conclusions on some general notions. a lot of people have differing views on subjects like it.

i cant really question the miracle because I was not there and at the same time, I have to "believe" because a large majority of the world believes it. whether it was true or not can be decided by me.

but if we can disprove it, does it affect the beliefs of christians? if it can be proven, does it mean other religions have to "switch"?
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by Fluffy(f): 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2006
I read the link and I think that scientist is speaking bullshit!
Scientist are forever trying to prove creation and bible facts wrong by coming up with things like "evolution"
For example the fact that humans came from baboons, nonsense!!!
I believe in the bible and the miracles that Jesus did and nobody has the right to question them.
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by kenshin(m): 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2006
@Fluffy actually believing in the miracles of jesus is a choice. believing that jesus exists in itself is a choice and is an act of faith because remember that we have never seen him before but we believe He exists inside us. People will doubt whatever they want to doubt.
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by africanboy(m): 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2006
@fluffy, if we are allowed to question the spirits as christians when we hear them pseak to us, why cant we question miracles?
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by Fluffy(f): 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2006
@Kenshin

Not believing in Jesus is very unwise, because Satan himself believes in Jesus and knows that He exists.

@Africanboy

We may question the spirits because we don't know where exactly they are coming from if they are evil or holy.
We may also question miracles done by humans because we do not know in what spirit they are doing it, but we
all know Jesus is Holy and we can not question the wonders He did and keep son doing today through people like Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by africanboy(m): 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2006
Are you saying that we MUST believe in the miracles performed today, without question?

Agreed Jesus' miracles are divine, as laid out by the Holy Bible. It is holy because it is in the Bible,

Can a miracle be performed spiritually nowadays? I mean, can Jesus intefere in the affairs of man and perform a miracle. Maybe, Maybe not If yes, should we question or accept, ?
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by Fluffy(f): 2:29pm On Apr 07, 2006
africanboy:

Are you saying that we MUST believe in the miracles performed today, without question?

Agreed Jesus' miracles are divine, as laid out by the Holy Bible. It is holy because it is in the Bible,

Can a miracle be performed spiritually nowadays? I mean, can Jesus intefere in the affairs of man and perform a miracle. Maybe, Maybe not If yes, should we question or accept, ?

I said we must not question the miracles that Jesus himself perfomed many years ago, that is what the topic is about according to the link inserted.
And yes miracles are performed today by the holy spirit working in Christ followers, but you may question them if you are not convinced spiritually.
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by jagunlabi(m): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2006
africanboy:

i can't really question the miracle because I was not there and at the same time, I have to "believe" because a large majority of the world believes it. whether it was true or not can be decided by me.
How sure are you that the "large majority" of the world believe such miracles?There are vast number of world population that are not christians,you know.And not all christians beleive in such miracles,either.
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by Papa(m): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2006
We may also question miracles done by humans because we do not know in what spirit they are doing it,

@fluffy, I smiled when I saw your post. It's an interesting view,
An important question though, would Jesus and/or the Holy Spirit know what spirit a person is operating on?

If yes then why not simply ask Him into your life! The world is full of different kinds of people who could be deceitful with whatsoever power they use, but with Jesus, you know you're secure! 1cor1:30 says He's personally taken upon Himself the
task of your being wise. Why don't you taste of Him and see how good He is!?

much love!
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by Fluffy(f): 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2006
@Papa

Of course Jesus would be able to identify His own holy spirit from an evil one.

I've been down that road and I know how great it is, but I backslided
I might return someday because I believe it's a resting place for every soul.
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by africanboy(m): 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2006
Fluffy:

@Papa

Of course Jesus would be able to identify His own holy spirit from an evil one.

if it truly was a reasting place for every soul, why aint you there? what caused your back sliding? not wanting to get personal but if you can be with the actual Being and leave, why then cant you question what was written about that Being?
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by Papa(m): 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2006
africanboy, DON'T TALK LIKE THAT AGAIN! You could turn off a person's desire to serve God! Relax! Even if you went well, not with that construction!

@fluffy,
I apologize for such a response. Here's the fact - Jesus wants you back, Infact he desires you more than you have ever or will ever desire him. We could talk about it off nairaland if you're interested, else I could refer you to people you'll love to talk to and you'll be forever greatful. I desire to see you in heaven ok!

Cheers!
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by Iknowwhoim(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2006
I can't really question the miracle because I was not there and at the same time, I have to "believe" because a large majority of the world believes it. whether it was true or not can be decided by me.

Afican boy, you are really in trouble if what you belive is based on what others believe. That means today if a large enough majority does not believe in a particular thing, you will change not because you are convinced in your heart.

Have you ever read that scripture?
Did you not notice that it said the disciples were toiling in their rowing and the wind was contrary? The wind was boisterious, and there were waves. If there were waves, would it not have smashed the ice?
I'm not sure you know what the term almighty is. If you knew, you'd know that God is. If that same professor can to dispute that Jesus rose from the dead, I bet you'll likely be wanting the opinion of the forum.

You obviously don't have a clue about covenants. If you did, you'd not wonder if miracles are performed spiritually nowadays.
What is a miracle if not God's supernatural intervention in the affairs of men?
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by africanboy(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2006
[QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]africanboy, DON'T TALK LIKE THAT AGAIN! You could turn off a person's desire to serve God! Relax! Even if you went well, not with that construction!
[/QUOTE]

hey, alright!

Iknowwhoim:

Afican boy, you are really in trouble if what you believe is based on what others believe. That means today if a large enough majority does not believe in a particular thing, you will change not because you are convinced in your heart.

Have you ever read that scripture?
Did you not notice that it said the disciples were toiling in their rowing and the wind was contrary? The wind was boisterious, and there were waves. If there were waves, would it not have smashed the ice?
I'm not sure you know what the term almighty is. If you knew, you'd know that God is. If that same professor can to dispute that Jesus rose from the dead, I bet you'll likely be wanting the opinion of the forum.

You obviously don't have a clue about covenants. If you did, you'd not wonder if miracles are performed spiritually nowadays.
What is a miracle if not God's supernatural intervention in the affairs of men?

guess i have a lot of believing to do, from either the majority or minority
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by Papa(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2006
Hey!
I'm glad you have a teachable spirit, it's a quality of great leaders, just be careful what your spirit learns and where it's learning from.
God bless you!

. . .Jesus is real and more real is everything he's done and is doing. . .

Let me give y'all an illustration: What is the simple test to prove that gravity is real and that it exists?
**Very simple answer - Act against it! Jump off the 7th floor of an 8 story building!
Do you want to prove that there's power in the name of Jesus, or that His miracles are fake or untrue?
EASY as ABC: Get sick (AND DON'T TAKE ANY DRUGS), let's see what you can do for yourself, by working against Him!
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by africanboy(m): 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2006
hmmm, the classic saul to paul teaching. tell me more tongue
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by Papa(m): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2006
lol - more what, I'm glad and available to chat with you!
Re: Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus by chakula: 10:21am On Mar 17, 2010
Please, can somebody brief me about who granted the miracle to jesus.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Practice A Religion That Was Brought By Arab Swordsmen Forcibly / T.b. Joshua And Amodu Shuaibu! / What Have You Done With The Word? – Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.