Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Helping Each Other Make The Most Of Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Helping Each Other Make The Most Of Ramadan (907 Views)

Powerful Tips For The Last 10 Nights of ramadan / I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helping Each Other Make The Most Of Ramadan by deols(f): 9:31am On Jul 19, 2012
Ramadan is a wonderful period. It can also be a challenging time. Having someone else help out may not be a bad idea. Let us discuss some of the challenges we face and hope others might learn from how we resolve them or we could just give certain tips we think might help others benefit so much from the holy month.

Ramadan Kareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem. Allahu akram.
Re: Helping Each Other Make The Most Of Ramadan by deols(f): 9:39am On Jul 19, 2012
I will start.

Qur'an Recitation in Ramadan.

the holy month of Ramadan is a time when everyone increases their good deeds. Qur'an recitation is one of those things we work hard on. Many would just want to recite the whole of the Qur'an once throughiut the month while others may go twice, thrice or more. The most I ever achieved is twice. I hope to improve. But, the recitation shouldnt be about how many verses recited. we could also work on pondering on the meanings of what we recite.

how to finish the whole Qur'an in ramadan

-the holy Qur'an, most especilaly the ones printed in Saudi are divided into 3o juz. reciting one per day would make reciting the whole possible in the holy month.
-Also, one juz has 20 pages, except for the last juz. Reciting 4 pages after each solaat(five daily prayers) is equivalent to one juz per day.
-SOmething else I think might be helpful are the Qur'an apps we have on phones. The iQuran for example has the english meaning immediately after each verse. that would make pondering over them easy.

I pray Allah makes it easy for us.
Re: Helping Each Other Make The Most Of Ramadan by tbaba1234: 9:44am On Jul 19, 2012
Before Fajr
Tahujjud: begin the month praying 2 rakkat and increase as the month continues
Suhoor
The Prophet (salallaho alayhi wasalaam) said: “Take (the meal of) suhoor because there is blessing in it.” (Buhkari & Muslim)

Fajr
Pray 2 rakkat sunnah prayers before
Fard fajr prayer
Stay in prayer spot until sunrise
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever offers the Morning prayer in congregation and remains seated, engaging in the remembrance of Allah until the Sun has risen, and then offers two units of prayer – he will have a reward equal to that of performing Hajj and `Umrah.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî.
While sitting after fajr, waiting for sunrise:
Dhikr:
Read one juz Quran
2 rakkat nafil prayer once sunrise has happened

Duha
4 rakkat nafil prayer
4 rakkat fard prayer
2 rakkat nafil prayer*

Asr

4 rakkat fard prayer

Maghrib

3 rakkat fard prayer
2 rakkat nafil prayer
Iftar!

Isha and Taraveeh: to be done at masjid

2 rakkat tahiyatul masjid (2 nafil rakkat done when entering a masijd)
4 rakkat fard isha
2 rakkat sunnah prayer
8 or 20 rakkat taraveeh - depending on imam or masjid where I decide to pray that evening

edited from:
http://www.aminormemoir.com/
Re: Helping Each Other Make The Most Of Ramadan by faroukbabs: 10:06am On Jul 19, 2012
Jazahallahu khair @ both
I think being around muslims helps a lot as this would keep u challenged.
I also think a thread should be opened where we can post islamic lectures, islamic programmes on tv and radio that we know of for those of us rersiding in nigeria, I already posted an event.
Re: Helping Each Other Make The Most Of Ramadan by maclatunji: 10:11am On Jul 19, 2012
I will just beg you guys to chose one of the threads you have opened, let me sticky it and maybe we can concentrate on that. I know other threads will be opened but can we aggregate knowledge and wisdom in one place and then congregate there?
Re: Helping Each Other Make The Most Of Ramadan by siddiq202(m): 2:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
@tbaba1234
pls is there no nafil prayer before 4 rakkat fard prayer for Asr?

(1) (Reply)

A Close Shave / Sunnah Dressing In Male Is Beautiful / Popular Gospel Icon Ayefele still a christain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.