Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

The Spirit & The Dove:why This Ignorant? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Spirit & The Dove:why This Ignorant? (1220 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / The Holy Spirit The Enabler Of Spiritual Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Spirit & The Dove:why This Ignorant? by akintoso1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2007
The use of DOVE by most churches as an acceptable symbol of the HOLY SPIRIT is very worrisome and misleading.It has become a common feature in most churches logos and sign boards.But come to think of it, HOW DOES THE HOLY SPIRIT REALLY LOOKS?IS IT REALLY A DOVE AS WIDELY SYMBOLISES?, If the HOLYSPIRIT is indeed a DOVE then by implication I think all HUMANS ought to have been DOVES.But are we DOVES
Re: The Spirit & The Dove:why This Ignorant? by IDINRETE: 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2007
we are all following AWON IYAMI ABIDE GBAGO GBAGO, the AIRFORCE MOTHERS, AJAPA JORI AJEDO JOKAN AJEFUN JORONRO,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Spirit & The Dove:why This Ignorant? by Backslider(m): 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2007
@Akintos

I perceive that you are from the sect of the christ embassy.

Well the Dove is a symbol and nothing else.

Just as the Body that housed Jesus was a symbol that He was Indeed human being so is the Dove a symbol that the Most High Spirit of the Lord is a spirit being.

You must know that characteristic of the Dove.

Now watch carefully and you can search for yourself.

In Genesis we see that The spirit of God moved on the face of the waters now in when the flood had stopped The dove was sent by Noah to MOVE arround to see if the water had subsided.

Now do you think God did not have eyes to see that the water had subsided or not? The Dove is a symbol or an embodiment of the character of the Person of the Holy Ghost to man.

Dove when provoked will depart from it owner.

The holy Ghost is one that will flee from a sinning Christian. There is no amount of begging Unless you come through the son all over again. Then will the Holy Ghost will return.

@Idinrete

Satan copies the Original and he brings the Theory of the witch craft bird

1 Like

Re: The Spirit & The Dove:why This Ignorant? by IDINRETE: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2007
Backslider:

@Akintos

Just as the Body that housed Jesus was a symbol that He was Indeed human being so is the Dove a symbol that the Most High Spirit of the Lord is a spirit being.

In Genesis we see that The spirit of God moved on the face of the waters now in when the flood had stopped The dove was sent by Noah to MOVE arround to see if the water had subsided.

Now do you think God did not have eyes to see that the water had subsided or not? The Dove is a symbol or an embodiment of the character of the Person of the Holy Ghost to man.

The holy Ghost is one that will flee from a sinning Christian. There is no amount of begging Unless you come through the son all over again. Then will the Holy Ghost will return.

@Idinrete

original of what?

Satan brings the theory of the witch craft bird,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

please humor me further
Re: The Spirit & The Dove:why This Ignorant? by donnie(m): 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2007
Backslider:

@Akintos

Since you are not afraid to mention Christ embassy in your attempt to divert attention from the lie you are trying to sell, i have decided to correct such silly behaviour.

I decided to show you where you erred whether conciously or unconciously.

Backslider:

Really? wasn't that what they said about so-called annoiinting oil, until they started worshipping it, forgetting that the Holy ghost resides in them.

Backslider:

Why isn't the dove a symbol that the Spirit is a dove? Nonsense! Even if i am to follow your arguement logically, it does not make sense, how much more spiritual sense.

Jesus body was no symbol. It was His body which was bruised for the sins of the whole world. He bore our sins in his own body on the cross.

Backslider:

@Idinrete

My dear, do you belong to a church at all? I mean a local church? You do not appear to have been trained at all! What rubbish are you trying to say? This is ignorance gone on rampage! I suggest you humble yourself, submit to authority  and be taught by the annointing.

It was not God that needed the the help of the dove but Noah ok? Stop saying what the bible did not say.

And now to your concluding lie; in what chapter and verse did the bible say that the Holy Ghost will flee from a sinning Christian? The bible never said so.

He hath said, i will never leave thee nor forsake thee. Jesus, before he ascended said, Lo, will be with you always, even unto the end of the age. He is with us today through the Holy ghost.

It is however possible to grieve the Holy ghost or blaspheme against him. Be careful, lest you fall into that temptation.
Re: The Spirit & The Dove:why This Ignorant? by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2007
@Poster,  I believe you may need to ask the people who use the dove in their logo so you have a better idea of what it really means cause I have no idea why a mere symbol bothers anyone. A dove is a symbol just as the cross is a symbol. Please pick up a Bible, read and gain understanding. The Verse below is the verse the symbol is majorly adopted from.

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

(1) (Reply)

An Amazing Miracle On A Super Sunday (video Clip) / Complete These Two Songs For Me Please: (cele/kerubu?) / Are There Two Wills In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.