Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? (758 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Delafruita(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
one thing i have noticed with religious people in nigeria is that they wouldnt be soooo religious if they didnt have the belief that their "blessings" are eternally dependent on their steadfastness in the faith.they believe that all the blessings of the "gentiles" will be taken away and redistributed to the "children of god(just like mugabe redistributed the lands).thats why most pay tithes,attend church,pray and fast,give sacrifices in anticipation of "a thousand fold".thats one of the principles that has ths strongest hold on the religious especially christians.anytime they experience a disapointment,they immediately attribute it to god punishing them for a certain "secret sin" or to enemies in the village,work,or neighbourhood.
personally,i havent experienced a surge or fall.things have been moving at the same pace you'd expect when building a multimillion naira business.would have loved things to move faster,but since all indices arent within my control,i just remain patient.the difference however,is that this time around i am not anticipating a miracle or praying fervently for an "open door".i am not sowing needless seeds and trying to live a sinless life in anticipation of things turning around in my favour.i realise i can only control certain things and i concentrate on those.
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by buzugee(m): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2012
i have experienced a surge in fortunes. spiritual fortunes, that is grin
we dont operate in the material world as we are not carnally minded. however my spiritual fortune has been immense. i am no longer in darkness wondering what why when and how. this has brought me rest of mind, and dare i say that is greater than any material wealth. wink
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Delafruita(m): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2012
buzugee: i have experienced a surge in fortunes. spiritual fortunes, that is grin
we dont operate in the material world as we are not carnally minded. however my spiritual fortune has been immense. i am no longer in darkness wondering what why when and how. this has brought me rest of mind, and dare i say that is greater than any material wealth. wink
good point.however,there are various means of increasing spiritual fortune notably spiritual christianity,buddhism,hinduism etc.the monks experience a level of spirituality thats incomparable.i listened to some hymns this morning and it gave me some sort of elevation in my soul.hence,one doesnt have to be spititually minded before gaining "spiritual fortunes"
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by nyameke: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
There you go with your generalizations again. What percentage of nigerian Christians do you know or have met..

So you met and interacted with all the Christians and they told you the reason why they " sow seeds " ,go to church and stay steadfast in their faith is so all the wealth and blessings from the gentiles would be miraculously redistributed to them?..

Dude the simple reason why some Christians and most human beings sow and they do not receive or reap the benefit Is because of lack of faith.

Wealth creation is made available to all God's creations. Believers and non believers alike. It is ignorant to think otherwise. Some Christians are poor because of ignorance and likewise for non believers. It ain't got nothing to do with believing in God. If it was all the children of darkness would be poor.

You are here to live your life how you see fit and then MAKE A CHOICE to believe in the salvation story or not. All sins are forgivable except the sin of disbelief..

Stop worrying about some ignorant Christians and start worrying about yourself son.
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by buzugee(m): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
Delafruita:
good point.however,there are various means of increasing spiritual fortune notably spiritual christianity,buddhism,hinduism etc.the monks experience a level of spirituality thats incomparable.i listened to some hymns this morning and it gave me some sort of elevation in my soul.hence,one doesnt have to be spititually minded before gaining "spiritual fortunes"
well i can only speak for where i get my spiritual strength from. cant speak for no buddhists or hindus or monks. they may be experiencing a placebo effect cuz i dont know how you get spiritually uplifted from praying to a pot bellied buddha.
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by nyameke: 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
Delafruita:
what makes you think the monks experience a level of spirituality that's incomparable cuz I think otherwise
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by buzugee(m): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2012
nyameke: what makes you think the monks experience a level of spirituality that's incomparable cuz I think otherwise
lol yeah speaking of monks, i seen a few monks in time square whooping each others butts. i guess 'serenity' is out the window cheesy
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by nyameke: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
buzugee: lol yeah speaking of monks, i seen a few monks in time square whooping each others butts. i guess 'serenity' is out the window cheesy
lol was it a brawl? Yea its a few of em in 'Hattan
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by mazaje(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
Made all my wealth when I became an atheist. . .Religion or atheism has nothing to do with wealth anyway. . .Its just LUCK fist of all, connections secondly and after that hard work. . .
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by noetic16(m): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
mazaje: Made all my wealth when I became an atheist. . .Religion or atheism has nothing to do with wealth anyway. . .Its just LUCK fist of all, connections secondly and after that hard work. . .

how about those who made all their wealth as Christians? and by the way, how much do you have that you call wealth? grin

Look at this poor man grin
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Delafruita(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
noetic16:

how about those who made all their wealth as Christians? and by the way, how much do you have that you call wealth? grin

thats seriously uncalled for.
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by noetic16(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
^^^

wetin be your own? Why are you using panadol over someone else's headache? has mazaje complained to you?
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by cyrexx: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2012
^^
when christians talk like this they think its normal but when non-christians talk like this they say we are disrespecting their religion.
They guy calmly expressed his opinion, the next thing from your mouth is to insult him.
Why?
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Delafruita(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2012
mazaje: Made all my wealth when I became an atheist. . .Religion or atheism has nothing to do with wealth anyway. . .Its just LUCK fist of all, connections secondly and after that hard work. . .
you just summarised the essence of this post.religion of lack of it isnt a prerequisite to wealth or success.however,many a people will tell you "it is not by working,its by blessing".they will tell you "the race is not to the swift........but of the lord that showeth mercy".quotes like this from religious leaders work on the minds of followers.a church beside my house holds its service everyday for about 4-5hrs daily.the prayers are the same "blessing,fruit of the womb,life partner"etc.many members of that church close their shops to attend those services.i then wonder how their situation will change for the better
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Delafruita(m): 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
noetic16: ^^^

wetin be your own? Why are you using panadol over someone else's headache? has mazaje complained to you?
*shaking head for you*
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by noetic16(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
cyrexx: ^^
when christians talk like this they think its normal but when non-christians talk like this they say we are disrespecting their religion.
They guy calmly expressed his opinion, the next thing from your mouth is to insult him.
Why?

Delafruita:
*shaking head for you*

For crying out loud, mazaje is my pal and would see the humour in my post.

You joined this forum just yesterday and you think you know everything and everyone
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by nyameke: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
good point about wealth not having anything to do with religion or atheism..but wealth creation aint got nothing to do with luck or hard work..Trust me I see a lot of extremely hardworking people living in abject poverty all because of ignorance.True wealth creation has nothing ti do with luck also.
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by buzugee(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
nyameke: lol was it a brawl? Yea its a few of em in 'Hattan
oh yeah. a brawl. the ones with the orange wrap arounds and bald heads
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Delafruita(m): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
noetic16:

For crying out loud, mazaje is my pal and would see the humour in my post.

You joined this forum just yesterday and you think you know everything and everyone
i knew that but not everyone who reads or comments joined this forum a century ago.humour resides in the jokes section
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Delafruita(m): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
nyameke: good point about wealth not having anything to do with religion or atheism..but wealth creation aint got nothing to do with luck or hard work..Trust me I see a lot of extremely hardworking people living in abject poverty all because of ignorance.True wealth creation has nothing ti do with luck also.
i am inclined to agree with you.however "luck" shouldnt be taken in a broad context.irrespective of how hardworking a person is(bear im mind my analogy doesnt take into account employees),you still require that bit of "click".some say preparation needs to meet opportunity,some say the forces of nature moves things around,some say an individual recognizes the time to act based on instinct.whichever way,its not enough to work hard
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Delafruita(m): 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
buzugee: oh yeah. a brawl. the ones with the orange wrap arounds and bald heads
am besides myself with laughter.*hisses*
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by buzugee(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
Delafruita:
am besides myself with laughter.*hisses*
make thunda faya dat mouth wey you take hiss grin
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Delafruita(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2012
buzugee: make thunda faya dat mouth wey you take hiss grin
so you have joined sango's clique.abi na amadioha.
na wa o
at least we know for certain those ones have black skin.
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by mazaje(m): 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
noetic16:

You don run na. . .How far?. . .Nice to know you still visit the forum. . .Send your accont number see if I no full am with money, then you will know how wealthy I am. . . grin grin

Delafruita:
thats seriously uncalled for.

He is my pal. . .He meant no harm. .Just bantering. . .

nyameke: good point about wealth not having anything to do with religion or atheism..but wealth creation aint got nothing to do with luck or hard work..Trust me I see a lot of extremely hardworking people living in abject poverty all because of ignorance.True wealth creation has nothing ti do with luck also.

Wealth has nothing to do with hard work. . .Personally, I believe you need the right channels and luck to break out. . .No matter how hardworking and intelligent you are you still need that luck to push you ahead because there are so many people I like you who are also hardworking and very intelligent, The luck will help you stand out among equals or give you that break through you need. . .I know very hard working people yet they are struggling. .I know those with luck and the right connections that are doing very well. . .
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Delafruita(m): 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
mazaje:

You don run na. . .How far?. . .Nice to know you still visit the forum. . .Send your accont number see if I no full am with money, then you will know how wealthy I am. . . grin grin

He is my pal. . .He meant no harm. .Just bantering. . .

Wealth has nothing to do with hard work. . .Personally, I believe you need the right channels and luck to break out. . .No matter how hardworking and intelligent you are you still need that luck to push you ahead because there are so many people I like you who are also hardworking and very intelligent, The luck will help you stand out among equals or give you that break through you need. . .I know very hard working people yet they are struggling. .I know those with luck and the right connections that are doing very well. . .
make me sef send my account number?
i agree with you.its not about hard work,its about smart work+the right opportunity
Re: Atheists/agnostics/irreligious,did You Experience Surge Or Fall In Fortunes? by Mavrick2012: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
Yea,i agree wealth totaly has notin 2 do wit "god".if xtians meet a poor "unbeliever" dey insinuate he/she doesnt pay tithe dats y dey poor.stil wen dey meet a rich "unbeliever" dey insinuate his wealth is 4m d "devil".wel,it al goes to show their level of confusin concernin life happenins

(1) (Reply)

Did TB Joshua Foresee The Colorado Shooting? / Some Rambling Thoughts On Apologetics And Atheism / Christians,muslims,atheists,trado-worshippers,etc, Abeg I Urgently Need Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.