Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

China Pledged $20 Billion Dollars To African Development - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China Pledged $20 Billion Dollars To African Development (724 Views)

Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. / Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets / Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

China Pledged $20 Billion Dollars To African Development by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
The over-exaggerated $20 billion dollars given by China to African countries to boost development is getting on my nerves. The way the money has been alluded to with epiphany attitude is annoying to say the least. I can point to some countries in African where that money would be a drop-in-the-ocean to forestall development infrastructure leaving out other parts of the people's needs. Like in the case of Nigeria, the money that has been spent to maintain and build new power system is twice above the loan, loan so termed " loan with no string attached" in the past few years, will be of no consequence.

What is my utmost concern above this meager amount of money to assist Africa, as a continent,is that it will do the continent near-to-nothing help in resuscitating the economy nor hasten up development. A look at Chinese impact in Africa there are evidences to prove there should be a common ground for Africans to air their views on what they need. Few countries in Africa can speak for the diverse continent alone nor the gathering of incompetent African leaders who are the major cause of the continent backwardness.Not until China start to view Africa as a continent of different yet diverse cultural people this funding is just a mere publicity stunt on the big nations of the world stage to be showing concern - which is unnecessary.

What Africa wants is to be given the technical know-how to start off it development and allow to trade unhindered by politic. The people don't need money given in form of aid (which the African people have always accused the West of) but industrialization and a developed economies .

At this point in time, I think this money is the least thing Africa as a continent needs!
Re: China Pledged $20 Billion Dollars To African Development by slimming: 7:20am On Aug 03, 2012
The only way to refer to china is to surname the 'substandard'

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna South-railway Property Management Company Leasing Out Plots / Buy Moringa Today / Starting A Phone Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.