Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

This Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / This Ramadan (842 Views)

Ways To Maximise Your Rewards During This Ramadan / Daily Hadith Quotes In This Ramadan / What Is Ur Goal This Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Ramadan by vedaxcool(m): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2012
I think this is a good note to start this Ramadan:

This Ramadan, I will establish a close relationship with the Quran. I will give the top priority to knowing and understanding the contents and message of the Quran. I will finish the whole Quran with translation and tafseer by studying it steadily throughout the month from a good, translation and Tafseer.

I will not sleep after Fajr, but instead study the Quran until I am ready to go to school or work. Throughout the day, I will find time to revise and re-learn the Surahs and Aayah I already know. Once that is completed, I will learn at least one Aayah a day from a Surah I do not already know. This Ramadan, I will sleep early, soon after Ishaa. I will go to bed with clear and conscious intention of fasting the next day, as well as with the intention of getting up early for Tahajjud.

Then, while remembering Allah, I will fall asleep. I will get up really early, thanking Allah for giving me life, offer Tahajjud and then make special Duaa for the mercy of Allah on our Ummah, His help for its success and well being, and His interference to foil the plans of the enemy. I will also make special Duaa that Allah protects me, my family and my Ummah from the Dajjaal and his Fitnah. Just for this month, I will not watch TV or movies at all. I would rather spend the month on my personal improvement, personal spirituality and building a close, personal relationship with Allah, rather than on such an activity, which will not benefit me at all.

While fasting, I will make a special effort to speak only to add value and to say only what is true, factual, positive, meaningful and useful. When I do not have anything good and useful to talk about, instead of saying anything else, I will remember Allah through the beautiful words taught by our Prophet, while paying attention to their meanings and feeling the impact of the words on my heart, my mind, my thoughts and my attitude. Or, if I do not know them, I will learn those words of remembrance or prayer.

Or, I will spend those moments to recite the portions of the Qur’an that I know or learning those I do not. I will not lend my ears to anything that is useless, indecent, negative, spiteful or inappropriate. In my car, I will listen to the Qur’an or some good speech of a reputed scholar. Similarly, while riding the car or bus or on board the aeroplane, I will use my pocket-sized Qur’an or book of Prophet’s Duaas to recite, practise or revise those I know or learn those I do not know. This Ramadan, I will particularly watch my gaze.

While glancing on a member of opposite sex, I will move my gaze away before I start evaluating or assessing the attractive features of looks, appearance or personality or before I start paying attention to or begin enjoying those attractions. I will not participate or listen to the comments of sexual nature that my colleagues, peers or friends make. While remembering Allah in many other ways, I will more frequently ask for Allah’s mercy in the first 10 days of Ramadan, invoke Allah’s forgiveness in the second 10 days, and seek salvation from the Fire in the last 10 days. During the last ten nights, I will frequent the Duaas.

This Ramadan, I will be exceptionally charitable. The tears that fill my eyes when I see the scenes of devastation, disease, starvation, agony, displacement, killings, blown up bodies and severed limbs of poor, helpless people of Afghanistan, Palestine, Chechnya and Kashmir and elsewhere in the world will touch my heart and open my purse. I will send all my Zakah to them right at the beginning of Ramadan through trustworthy Islamic charities. In addition to my Zakah, I will pay whatever I can spare from my family’s necessities for helping those in dire need.

I will avoid spending money on my home decoration etc, so that those who are in more need then me and my family can be helped. Also this Ramadan, I will be generous and forgiving to my family, friends and the Muslim community at large. I will clear my heart from anger complaints, suspicion, jealousy, grudges or dislike against any of them. I will be extra kind, accommodating, courteous, supportive and helpful to my non-Muslims neighbours and colleagues.

I will find ways to have them participate in the blessings of Ramadan and happiness of Eid by sharing my food specialties with them or giving gifts and chocolates to them. I will kick at least one of my bad habits such as arriving late for appointments or breaking promises. I will show up or do what I indicate I will do and I will show up or do so on time. If I am a smoker, this Ramadan, I will not smoke even after Iftaar, before Sahuur or at night. I will keep my mouth odour free for prayers and Allah’s remembrance and my lungs, blood and heart from disease.

If I am a university student whose final exams are falling in Ramadan, my act of worship is to do my utmost best to study hard and get the best possible results, given that any moment that is not spent on studying is not spent in any other pursuit except in the remembrance of Allah or study of the Qur’an. While travelling to/from or within campus or while taking a break from studies, I will automatically shift to remembrance of Allah or recitation of the Qur’an.

For my studies, I will keep timings that are consistent with the spirit of Ramadan, i.e. sleep early and get up very early. Instead of staying up late at the risk of missing Sahuur or Fajr, I will adjust my body clock to Islamic lifestyle instead of the western lifestyle. When I get up to study at 2 or 3 a.m., I will start with two Raka’at of Tahajjud and then continue with my studies. After Fajr, I will still spend 15-20 minutes on the study of Tafseer even on exam days.

If I succeed this Ramadan in living as planned above, I will be able to look back and rejoice on the day of Eid and will work more hard towards hasanat through out the year insha Allah. May Allah help us with our pious plans.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/sunlight-islam/article/ramadan
Re: This Ramadan by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 20, 2012
Nice, but i hope u guys would continue with same spirit after Ramadan
Re: This Ramadan by vedaxcool(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2012
^^^^

We hope so too!
Re: This Ramadan by LagosShia: 10:56am On Jul 20, 2012
thanks for sharing and Ramadan Kareem.

but i would have love to read your own write-up to tell us the changes you'd make this month and whether you are repenting or not. angry
Re: This Ramadan by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 20, 2012
LagosShia: thanks for sharing and Ramadan Kareem.

but i would have love to read your own write-up to tell us the changes you'd make this month and whether you are repenting or not. angry
Buhahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sir i dont want hear u guys repenting cos of Ramadan. I want to hear that u repented and do not return to ur old ways even after Ramadan.
Re: This Ramadan by LagosShia: 11:13am On Jul 20, 2012
toba: Buhahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sir i dont want hear u guys repenting cos of Ramadan. I want to hear that u repented and do not return to ur old ways even after Ramadan.

there is no issue on that.but during the month of Ramadan there is a psychological force that imposes abtinency and restraint on every muslim.so you should not be suprised if it is emphasized that one should repent during this month and put on the best conduct.ofcourse,the goal is to make the body and soul accustom to good behaviour.this month is training for body and soul.but how well we can continue the good behaviour thereafter depends on the environment and our will for 'permanent change'.
Re: This Ramadan by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2012
LagosShia:

there is no issue on that.but during the month of Ramadan there is a psychological force that imposes abtinency and restraint on every muslim.so you should not be suprised if it is emphasized that one should repent during this month and put on the best conduct.ofcourse,the goal is to make the body and soul accustom to good behaviour.this month is training for body and soul.but how well we can continue the good behaviour thereafter depends on the environment and our will for 'permanent change'.
This is why i would disagree with u and every concept of Islam. Why must we single out a single month to do good? why must we single out a month as the best month to die? why not the other months? what if after Ramadan, i went back to doing bad because Ramadan has a psychological force that imposes abtinency and restraint on every muslim, and then dies doing even? why cant we see every month as month(s) that we have to be of good behaviours?

Yesterday Thursday, i offended people and i read a part in the scripture that says i should make amends. Today I've amended and i will not do that again cos i was told to see all days like its my last day on earth, hence i should be watchful.

why should my behaviour thereafter depends on the environment and our will for 'permanent change?
Re: This Ramadan by LagosShia: 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2012
toba: This is why i would disagree with u and every concept of Islam. Why must we single out a single month to do good? why must we single out a month as the best month to die? why not the other months? what if after Ramadan, i went back to doing bad because Ramadan has a psychological force that imposes abtinency and restraint on every muslim, and then dies doing even? why cant we see every month as month(s) that we have to be of good behaviours?

Yesterday Thursday, i offended people and i read a part in the scripture that says i should make amends. Today I've amended and i will not do that again cos i was told to see all days like its my last day on earth, hence i should be watchful.

why should my behaviour thereafter depends on the environment and our will for 'permanent change?

it seems you are just looking for an argument.

Holy Quran 18:54
"but man is over more quarrelsome than anything."

to start with,what are you really disagreeing with? i did not say Muslims should not be good or best in conduct in fact in every second and neither does Islam advocate that.

you lack an understanding of the month of ramadan or rather of fasting itself.and you also lack an understanding of human behaviour and the reality of society.

the way you are talking one would expect you to be an angel roaming the earth and may be all christians to be.in fact that is not the case with humanity or the majority of mankind.

man is easily swayed and also loses focus.ignorance and a state of unsciousness of God and His rulings and principles leads man to go astray and commit sins most of the times.

“…And remember your Lord when you forget…” [Holy Qur’an 18:24]

"And when affliction touches a man, he calls on Us, whether lying on his side or sitting or standing; but when We remove his affliction from him, he passes on as though he had never called on Us on account of an affliction that touched him"(Surah Yunus 12)

now taken that into consideration,the month of ramadan is an opportunity and a window or channel to awaken man from his slumber whether a transient or long term one.it is a mercy from God to revive the soul.it does not simply mean one should repent and later on continue doing bad.it can also mean that if one was good,he can still do more and become better.this is a mercy from God to keep us in check and make us conscious of him.the fasting of the month of ramadan is no different than the five daily prayers or going on pilgrimage or even visiting the graves of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) (i.e. Ziyara),commemorating the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) on Ashura,remembering the sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim (as) on eid al adha,e.t.c.these are religious institutions that are meant to check us and bring us consciousness and awareness.
Re: This Ramadan by vedaxcool(m): 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2012
LagosShia: thanks for sharing and Ramadan Kareem.

Ramadan Kareem: I will want you to read your post and tell us you would change this day for all days and whether you are repenting on not wink
Re: This Ramadan by LagosShia: 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
vedaxcool:

Ramadan Kareem: I will want you to read your post and tell us you would change this day for all days and whether you are repenting on not wink

insha'Allah i will.you should pray for me.

would you abstain from doing 'tarawih' bid'a this year? wink

(1) (Reply)

Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise / It's Time To Face Up To The Problem Of Sexual Abuse In The White Community / "American Islam Is So American"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.