Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed (24271 Views)

How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? / 50 Interview Questions/answers That Will Help You Succeed In That Interview. / Can You Succeed Without A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
jossy26: I want to ask if Dangote had any of these six people around him? Anyway, Good piece Mr Mac, but you can add the seventh one and the most important GOD
hahahaha, which one be GOD...The richest people in the world dont even believe in GOD, although I believe....question remains, is GOD among the 6, I will say NO....God will be there for you whether rich or poor.....didnt you read that portion of the bible that said its difficult for a rich man to enter God's Kingdom....is there any doubts why most Deeper Life members cant be billionaires ?

3 Likes

Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Jarus(m): 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
maclatunji: The 6 People You Need in Your Corner

Nothing incredible is accomplished alone. You need others to help you, and you need to help others. With the right team, you can form a web of connections to make the seemingly impossible practically inevitable.

1. The Instigator:
Someone who pushes you, who makes you think. Who motivates you to get up and go, and try, and make things happen. You want to keep this person energized, and enthusiastic. This is the voice of inspiration.

2. The Cheerleader:
This person is a huge fan, a strong supporter, and a rabid evangelist for you and your work. Work to make this person rewarded, to keep them engaged. This is the voice of motivation.

3. The Doubter:

This is the devil’s advocate, who asks the hard questions and sees problems before they arise. You need this person’s perspective. They are looking out for you, and want you to be as safe as you are successful. This is the voice of reason.

4. The Taskmaster:

This is the loud and belligerent voice that demands you gets things done. This person is the steward of momentum, making sure deadlines are met and goals are reached. This is the voice of progress.

5. The Connector:

This person can help you find new avenues and new allies. This person breaks through roadblocks into finds ways to make magic happen. You need this person to reach people and places you can’t. This is the voice of cooperation and community.

6. The Example:

This is your mentor, you hero, your North Star. This is the person who you seek to emulate. This is your guiding entity, someone whose presence acts as a constant reminder that you, too, can do amazing things. You want to make this person proud. This is the voice of true authority.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessicahagy/2012/07/17/the-6-people-you-need-in-your-corner/

To a great extent, very true. I'm applying it to my life in general, not only career.

But in my own case, a single person, my elder brothers, takes almost all the persona. My childhood friend also assumes some.

1,THE INSTIGATOR: When I was going to the university, bros told me: "If you can make a First Class. I will send you abroad for Masters". I never looked back and to Allah be the glory, made it; although he didn't sponsor my masters eventually, but I lonely reap the full benefits today. My other instigator was a childhood friend, who entered same university one year ahead of me. He set me up in competition against another friend of his, who was in my class. . Every semester in Uni, my target was scoring higher than this lady. Although I later overtook her in year 3. At the end of the day, I was the better for my friend's instigation.

2,THE CHEERLEADER: To a great extent, my friend again. Always using me to boast among his other friends. I knew I can't let him down. My Dad is also very crucial. He stands solidly behind me. The fear of disappointing him fires me up.

3,THE DOUBTER: A VIP in the family whose exact relationship I prefer anonymous. It's always difficult meeting him, discussing with him. Clearly, he wanted good for me, but his intention can be misrepresented with the way he goes about it.

4, THE TASKMASTER: Same person in No 3 up there assumes this role in my life

5,THE CONNECTOR: My bro again. When I finished uni, he just collected my CV, reworked it, and circulated within Corporate Nigeria. Calls for tests and interviews started flying in here in there. Needless to say I was spoilt with employment choices.

6, THE EXAMPLE: He is 'The Example' too. He has the fastest career I have ever seen. Joined a company for pre-NYSC job in 1998 and 6 years later, by 2004, already the CEO of one of the company's subsidiaries. Now a junior director(higher than GM, lower than ED) in the Group at just 34. I know I can't achieve that again, but he is the best career example I look up to.

2 Likes

Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
nice one @ poster
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
embarassed
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
How do we measure success ?
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by princenat(m): 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2012

Nothing incredible is accomplished alone. You need others to help you, and you need to help others. With the right team, you can form a web of connections to make the seemingly impossible practically inevitable.

1. The Instigator:
Someone who pushes you, who makes you think. Who motivates you to get up and go, and try, and make things happen. You want to keep this person energized, and enthusiastic. This is the voice of inspiration.

2. The Cheerleader:
This person is a huge fan, a strong supporter, and a rabid evangelist for you and your work. Work to make this person rewarded, to keep them engaged. This is the voice of motivation.

3. The Doubter:

This is the devil’s advocate, who asks the hard questions and sees problems before they arise. You need this person’s perspective. They are looking out for you, and want you to be as safe as you are successful. This is the voice of reason.

4. The Taskmaster:

This is the loud and belligerent voice that demands you gets things done. This person is the steward of momentum, making sure deadlines are met and goals are reached. This is the voice of progress.

5. The Connector:

This person can help you find new avenues and new allies. This person breaks through roadblocks into finds ways to make magic happen. You need this person to reach people and places you can’t. This is the voice of cooperation and community.

6. The Example:

This is your mentor, you hero, your North Star. This is the person who you seek to emulate. This is your guiding entity, someone whose presence acts as a constant reminder that you, too, can do amazing things. You want to make this person proud. This is the voice of true authority.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessicahagy/2012/07/17/the-6-people-you-need-in-your-corner/

Nice post. But I think all of the above except No.5, & 6 lives in you. I also think GOD should not be left out as He is the major contributing factor to our success, He can coordinate all other factors and also play role 5 very well.

Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by princenat(m): 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
ebamma: there is no formula to success bro,its just that the successful people always want to make us believe that the followed a particular routine.

It could be true sha.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
Bookmarked. By the way, I guess I'm at once a doubter and a connector.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by dancook445: 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
Nice one mr ....you do well.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by maclatunji: 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
For the record, I didn't write the piece . That is why I put the link there.

As for those asking about God. Yeah! He his the decider of all our fates. However, his will will be done through people. This thread is about such people. There's the saying I got somewhere, it says: "Work as if you will never pray and pray as if you will never work."

I am tempted to believe that most Nigerians are all-too-inclined to pray without working.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by ortopazz(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
so on point, thanx jare
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Taovic86(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
Tanx a lot. I need more of these.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Patsey: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Leorichy: And One More.......... YOUR GOD-one you look unto in times of trouble

I KNEW SOMEONE WILL BRING THIS UP. AFRICANS WAKE UP. GOD ONLY EXISTS IN HUMAN IMAGINATION.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by naija4(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
connect with me on BBM,my BB pin is 311562ff......lets
talk some real good business/issues.#online
investments*personal development*international
finance*neuroscience*events*travels*British diction/
accent reduction/elocution*green energy+personals*joi­
n me on this FUTURE STRAIT.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by mrperfect(m): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
This is good one welcome!
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by teemac01(m): 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
NUMBER 5 IS VERY ESSENTIAL...WITHOUT HIM/HER,YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by malali: 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
you missed the hater

someone who hates you when you shine
i love those ones

please God don't kill my haters now!!!!
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by WebsiteDesigner: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
Super cool advice
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Blofeld(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
spicy v: This page is so gonna be bookmarked!!! Legendary! Niiiice!!
Think so too. I'm on it!
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by a1solution: 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ninilowo:
Thank u o jare. some1 will write a book and title it: HOW TO MAKE MILLIONS and peole would buy it there by helping him to make his millions. I ve never come across any one of them making use of any point in the book to make their millions but they make their millions through the books they write. IMAGINE! This motivational speakers and writers have lead a lot of people astray by making them to resign pre maturely from their jobs. They will go to the extent of telling you that you can never make it as a salary earner. They will give you examlpes of successful people in the world but they will never make reference to those that have failed trying to go by their words.
you are on point.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Mcleo007(m): 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2012
Nice and informative.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by clemmonce(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
ebamma: there is no formula to success bro,its just that the successful people always want to make us believe that the followed a particular routine.
if i dnt comment on your post i bleep up. dat is very true u hav to create your own success story believe me u are already creating one just dnt give up
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by chucky234(m): 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
I can smell another Paul Mason wanna be here, teaches people about the six people they need to succeed and make millions of dollars from his/her apostles (subscribers) to become successful without the six people.

Na film trick,we don sabi am since.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by maclatunji: 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
chucky234: I can smell another Paul Mason wanna be here, teaches people about the six people they need to succeed and make millions of dollars from his/her apostles (subscribers) to become successful without the six people.

Na film trick,we don sabi am since.

With all your bad belle, the thread is still driving traffic like crazy.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by dayotheone(m): 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
i must say, i love it,....impressive
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by alexleo(m): 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
1supremo: Motivational speakers are making cool dough by just researching the dictionary for OTHER WORDS to prettify what you already know. I think I need to THINK AND GROW RICH too.

Am trying to find the catrgory you fall into here. Is it number 3?
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by jbrodaly(m): 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
Thought I heard TD Jakes talked about this some years ago..Maybe he should be credited for it and not Forbes
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by Piro4rl(m): 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
these need to be re-read always.
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by otokx(m): 3:42am On Jul 22, 2012
6 is a multitude, things don't always work that way
Re: 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed by johnwell(m): 4:51am On Jul 22, 2012

1. The Instigator:

2. The Cheerleader:

3. The Doubter:

4. The Taskmaster:

5. The Connector:

6. The Example:

this is one of the best article I've ever read on NL, God bless you porter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? / 5 Ways LinkedIn Can Help you Achieve Success in your career. / I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.