Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Yoruba Name For Alfalfa Leaves. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yoruba Name For Alfalfa Leaves. (23623 Views)

What Is The Yoruba Name For Milk Thistle Leaves And Dandelion Leaves? / Yoruba Name For Cloves And Parsley. / Yoruba Name For Spinach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Name For Alfalfa Leaves. by schendy(f): 9:24am On Jul 21, 2012
pls can any one tell me the yoruba nmes of Wonder kola and Alfalfa leaves?.
Re: Yoruba Name For Alfalfa Leaves. by aAK1(m): 7:27am On Jul 22, 2012
Pls do u know where I can get the leaves?
Re: Yoruba Name For Alfalfa Leaves. by schendy(f): 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
@a.A.k, no i dont, i figured if i knew d yoruba name, i could locate where to get it from. But seriously 82views n no one seems to know either.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Name For Alfalfa Leaves. by Jcurtis: 1:45am On Aug 09, 2013
Alfafa leaf=it is that green vegetable that is colored by red!Go to the market,visit a vegetable market stand,ask the seller to give you green leaf that has red colors!The leaves are green and sometimes,overtaken by dark red colors that resembles red dye!Easy to identify.They grow everywhere in Benin city.More so,it is damn cheap!

As for wonderful kola,it is ordinary kola.Not bitter kola.Hey,just in case you read about some guy recipes for treating staphylococcus aureus using some herbs,does not mean you should try it.Go see your doctor o!
Re: Yoruba Name For Alfalfa Leaves. by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2013
If you mean the vegetable that d local sellers have with red stains on them, then it is called "shoko"... Asides that I donno alfafa leaves... Goodluck
Re: Yoruba Name For Alfalfa Leaves. by mamaoge: 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2013
@OP, if you are based in Lagos, just go to Apongbon under bridge and ask for the baba that sellsforeign leaves, he sure will have alfalfa or book it and he'll get for you. Though Ive not bought it from him before but Ive bought similar leaves from him and he sells fresh. Alternatively, check thouse nature/herbal shops, they stock the dried ones.

As per wonder kola, its well known by that name and quite common.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

I Saw These Leaves In A Village, They Said It Give Blood, Pls What's It's Name? / Fernando Altamirano's Most Expensive Bottle Ofwater For $60000 / Nigerians Spent ₦4.6 Trillion Eating Out In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.