Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Condemnation Of D'banj: The Consequences - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Condemnation Of D'banj: The Consequences (880 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Letter From A Student Of Lagos State University To D'banj / D'banj Gives Naeto C Brand New 2012 Porsche Cayenne Worth N15m As Wedding Gift / D'banj Leaves Mo'hits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Condemnation Of D'banj: The Consequences by Archvist(m): 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
Fans condemn D'Banj's new single, OYATO.

The song, ever since the activation for our listening pleasure, has been trailed with criticism most especially from his fans on the social media network, twitter. One of those who caught my attention recently was a lady and she tweeted:

''Dear D'banj, No be say your Music #Oyato No Make sense o, it's just that I prefer listening to 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' to Oyato.

In this case, I'm Team nobody coz I'm about to set things straight. But before I do so, I got to ask y'all one question. Why all this hate on the D'Banj? You all know we heard so many different stories from both parties in the event of their break-up. So we don't know what to believe. And also, I understand that, when a family breaks up their's always a line drawn between both parties as well as the fans.

OK now, what we suppose to be considering is the consequences of our action. Now let's look at it this way, D'Banj is signed to one of the hardest, illest, trending family in the game and that was for a purpose. To build a bridge from states to Africa. Do you know what that means? For God sake, D'Banj brought Def Jam which is the African arm of Island Def Jam, under parent company Universal Music Group, home to some of the biggest superstars on the planet to Africa. Is this the way we want to pay him back?

You know, Don Jazzy and D'Banj are like a fuse and a socket, yes. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if they were still together. But life goes on regardless of the barriers that hunt us down now and then. You can love Don Jazzy as well as D'Banj and still have nothing to loose. Both have played a vital role in bringing our music industry this far. Infact, they are all living legends. I believe y'all can see from my own perspective now. D'Banj is rare gem and we have to let it be like that even though part of him is no more their for him.

Most people might be asking why this article? Why defending D'Banj? I am defending nobody. I am doing what I think is the right thing to do. What inspired me writing this piece is nothing but D'Banj's attitude towards sealing his contract with G.O.O.D Music. For all of you who has forgotten, let me refresh your memory. In the event of sealing the contract between him and G.O.O.D Music he made it clear that his team (Mo'Hits) must be onboard and the establishment of Def Jam in Africa which is today Def Jam Africa must also take effect.

What does that show to you? Selflessness, Patriotism, the true definition of a real ambassador. And that is the reason why I will always stand firm on my statement:
"Of recent, among all the artists who played a vital role in taking African Music beyond, D'Banj is the only artist that defined 'I am an African' as the case maybe". I mean no disrespect but that's the simple truth. So to me, I feel like we are ingrates. Sure you know what it feels like when one repays your good did with evil. And worst part of the matter is that these negative comments are coming from the same people that are supposed to stand by him. His people, Nigerians.

Well, If D'Banj should loose his African fans he's of no good to G.O.O.D Music and that's something we shouldn't allow to happen. Please if you have any grudge against D'Banj shove it aside and let's give him that support that he needs to keep the fire burning.

Somex De Archvist
@SomexDeArchvist
ONE Nation Founder.

Re: Condemnation Of D'banj: The Consequences by LYNDDY(f): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
my dear,u sound so pathetic.... i wont symphatize wth d'banj jus because u say so.
d'banj is losing his touch.... to be honest i dont mis his absence @al.ther r alot of good 9ja jams flooding d airwave.
d'banj is too pompous 4 my liking,so he shld pls borrow leaves from d likes of 2face,don jazzy,psquare & few odas.humility is the key.

(1) (Reply)

M=U=S=T W=A=T=C=H Kukere Dance Tutorial By Iyanya / African Pageant Academy Award- Apaa 2013 / Top Ten Nigeira Idol Finalists Is Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.