Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? (10176 Views)

Toyota Camry Engine With Stripped Head Bolt Issue: '03 (big 4 Nothing) / Strange Selling Of Toyota Camry 2007/2008 Cars / Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by bajugbajug(m): 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2012
Hello house, kindly need your advice on the possible problems associated with registered Camry big daddy. I intend getting one soon. Should I go for a pencil lite or drop lite? Thanks.
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by bajugbajug(m): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2012
Waiting pls
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by bajugbajug(m): 12:54am On Jul 24, 2012
Can someone please advise me. Tanks
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by sultaan(m): 2:29am On Jul 24, 2012
Armed robbers want it.
Its boring, weak, mechanics can't fix it properly.

As long as you don't mess with the cooling system(fan, thermostat) you will have nothing but oil change maintenance.
Its up to you

Its a Toyota cheesy

If you are looking for a problem you will find it
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by bajugbajug(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2012
sultaan: Armed robbers want it.
Its boring, weak, mechanics can't fix it properly.

As long as you don't mess with the cooling system(fan, thermostat) you will have nothing but oil change maintenance.
Its up to you

Its a Toyota cheesy

If you are looking for a problem you will find it
tanks for d advice. Does anybody have any other advice pls?

1 Like

Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by baaliyah(m): 6:57pm On Jul 24, 2012
Your question seems contradicting. Tyning lite or drop light are not 2003 nor Big Daddy.
Tyning 97-99 and drop 00-01 have every thing in common except the front and rear lite. You can never go wrong with any of them. only stabilizer linkage and weak shocks. Good cars. drop lite has extra 2 horsepower and dual hydrolic Bonnet support.
I dont know much about 03 peculiarities.
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by bajugbajug(m): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
Tanks
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by lazbay(m): 10:31am On Jul 25, 2012
Big daddy has no problem if u maintain it well. I didn't like it before but when I saw my friend enjoying it for more than 2 years while I struggle wit my honda & its tie rods then I went for it. Its a very good & dependable car.

3 Likes

Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by bajugbajug(m): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
lazbay: Big daddy has no problem if u maintain it well. I didn't like it before but when I saw my friend enjoying it for more than 2 years while I struggle wit my honda & its tie rods then I went for it. Its a very good & dependable car.
Tanks lazbay. Pls could u expantiate financial further on d statemnt(if u maintain it well)
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by nuges2010: 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
Big daddy as is fondly called is dependable so long as you maintain it well. I have been using mine for 2 years now, though it gave me some issues like overheating, transmission problems also with the gear but having resolved them by a good and trusted mechanic, it delivers on your expectation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by lazbay(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2012
Service as at when due & u will always be hapi. I need to let u know dat d car has d baddest air conditioning system. D ac too dey. U will like it.
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by hapiboi: 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
pls what effect would a bad stabilizer linkage of a camry 2001 have
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by bajugbajug(m): 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
Wots d average maintenance cost per month?
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by tlife(m): 11:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
very reliable car candidly. My xle big daddy however vibrates when the AC is on and i havent been able to solve that even though i've taken it to toyota centre. Really wish i could get a vibration expert even though it might cost me a little!
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by myke20: 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
tlife: very reliable car candidly. My xle big daddy however vibrates when the AC is on and i havent been able to solve that even though i've taken it to toyota centre. Really wish i could get a vibration expert even though it might cost me a little!

Same pproblem I have here. Pls we need he'll ASAP
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by Kashif(m): 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
tlife: very reliable car candidly. My xle big daddy however vibrates when the AC is on and i havent been able to solve that even though i've taken it to toyota centre. Really wish i could get a vibration expert even though it might cost me a little!
When does it happen? When tranny is in 'D', 'R' or 'N' and stationary? They could all have different interpretations.
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by myke20: 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
Kashif: When does it happen? When tranny is in 'D', 'R' or 'N' and stationary? They could all have different interpretations.

When in D or R ot vibrates more biut when in N or P d vibration is reduced althogh. U can still feel it but a little. When I switch on d AC it reduces my RPM from 750 to like 500 and den after some time it goes back to 750 but the shaking continues. I have vleaned throttle body cleaned IACV and check d engine mounts all r working perfecttly. Pls help. Also when the fan starts to roll d vibration is noticed too but a lil bit
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by speed001: 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
Same here o
Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by alstacs(m): 4:45am On Nov 29, 2012
speed001: Same here o

Sounds like big for nothing is the same as big daddy, lol. I hate that name.
I have been using one for almost two years now; apart from regular oil, break pad, tire, wiper blades changes, I've never heard any major issues.

Monthly average maintenance cost will depend on your movement na. Mileage you acquire monthly, the terrains you drive on. These will tell on how frequent you change your oil, pads and even possibly your suspensions.

Otherwise it is a very smooth and comfortable car to drive.

1 Like

Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by 9icetoo(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2012
I recently bought the camry big for nothing as well. Like other posters here, i experience the vibrations as well when i put on the ac and the car is stationery. However, when i put the gear in N the vibration stops. Before it started, my mechanic advised me to replace my belt adjuster cos it was getting bad. Somehow i feel that is the cause. It doesn't disturb the car though. It is a very reliable car though needs to be handled with care cos of its size. If u punish it like a corolla, you will constantly be in the garage changing the shocks and pads. On a positive note, it has got the best air conditioning system i have ever experienced. lol. People constantly beg me to turn it off after forming for a while. grin.

4 Likes

Re: Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? by speed001: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
9icetoo: I recently bought the camry big for nothing as well. Like other posters here, i experience the vibrations as well when i put on the ac and the car is stationery. However, when i put the gear in N the vibration stops. Before it started, my mechanic advised me to replace my belt adjuster cos it was getting bad. Somehow i feel that is the cause. It doesn't disturb the car though. It is a very reliable car though needs to be handled with care cos of its size. If u punish it like a corolla, you will constantly be in the garage changing the shocks and pads. On a positive note, it has got the best air conditioning system i have ever experienced. lol. People constantly beg me to turn it off after forming for a while. grin.

Lolz. D car actually has nice AC. But d legs na apology sha. Any small porthole sef na wahala

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Parent Company,daimler Planning To Split Into 3 Separate Companies / Quick Steps To Apply For Your Number Plate In Nigeria / 4 Typical Signs Of A Failing Radiator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.