Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,333 members, 7,954,353 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

How To Interact With My Javadb Database From Another Application On Netbeans IDE - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Interact With My Javadb Database From Another Application On Netbeans IDE (936 Views)

Install Vb6 Application On Android / Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? / Does Anyone Have Tips On Using Java To Interact With A Usb Device? Its For My Final Year Project. Pl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Interact With My Javadb Database From Another Application On Netbeans IDE by Danyl(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2012
i want to ask that i can interact with my javaderby database application from another application, or simply connect to javadb database from another application on the netbeans IDE. though i did a CRUD application but i want to interact with the javadb database from another application ,how do i go about it...thans
Re: How To Interact With My Javadb Database From Another Application On Netbeans IDE by naijaswag1: 12:04am On Jul 24, 2012
You will need the derby network client jar.You can start your javadb from netbeans or command line and from your code or DAOs,use derby connection string jdbc://derby//localhost:1527/yourdatabaseschema and then use the javax.sql classes to manipulate and do your job,creating connection and getting your results.Its not tied to netbeans.take a look at the java jdbc tutorials and also poke into the javadb installation on you disk probably where glassfish is installed or wherever you installed the javadb and have a little look at the docs,you will find some tutorials there and then also google.
Re: How To Interact With My Javadb Database From Another Application On Netbeans IDE by Danyl(m): 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
@naija_swag, thanks for that info i 'll try it that n get back when there is any problem

(1) (Reply)

Spectranet 4glite Promo Device In Ibadan. / Google ‘rankbrain’ – Search Queries Just Getting More Sharpened With AI / Need A Mentor Or Sensei(teacher)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.