Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? (658 Views)

10 Ways To Prove You're A Legitimate Online Based Business / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / To Get Legitimate Credit Cards in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by presegsADESIDA(m): 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2012
Hello fellow nairalanders,

A friend of mine here on nairaland happened to see me one on one today in Osogbo and several other people via this same nairaland.

Most of them keep saying that they like seeing people they meet on nairaland before they can make payment for anything because of scammers in here.

Is is true that scammers in here are much and does that mean that there are no legitimate people here and do we differentiate them so as not to be scammed?

Waiting for your replies...
Re: Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by folario: 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2012
I've don a whole lot of research and I can Boldly say that 99% of Nairalanders are Big Scammers...no doubt about it.
Re: Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by Delafruita(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
folario: I've don a whole lot of research and I can Boldly say that 99% of Nairalanders are Big Scammers...no doubt about it.
such generalisation defeats the purpose for setting up this forum.i admit there are people whose sole aim is to defraud others but your estimate is grossly inaccurate.i have met people here on nairaland and some of those led to business dealings which followed the same course as any other business dealing.those that didnt lead to business relationships created friendships some of which endure till date.
it would do everyone a lot of good if people who make estimates would provide evidence of their "research"

4 Likes

Re: Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by goldng: 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
Sure. there are. Just that they are outnumbered.
Re: Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by 2sexy(m): 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2012
Delafruita:
such generalisation defeats the purpose for setting up this forum.i admit there are people whose sole aim is to defraud others but your estimate is grossly inaccurate.i have met people here on nairaland and some of those led to business dealings which followed the same course as any other business dealing.those that didnt lead to business relationships created friendships some of which endure till date.
it would do everyone a lot of good if people who make estimates would provide evidence of their "research"
Gbam! You go school.
If I were the mod here? Scammers go tire na... But the mods here no dey try at all.
Re: Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by globaljobs(m): 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2012
As I type this, I noticed that the stats section (above) shows that Nairaland has 924312 members (the number may have increased by the time you read this).

If only 10% of them are active, that will come down to about 92,431 active members.

Folario, are you saying that you investigated 92,431 members of this forum and found only 1% to be genuine?

It will be interesting to see that research.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by leniorr: 11:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
Honestly there are straight people in nairaland.Though i joined this month and am presently engaged in legitimate business with 5people from nairaland.
Its so amazing.
Am so glad am a member

1 Like

Re: Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by goldng: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2012
Yes, Sure there are,But quite few. I have been on Nairaland for over a year now.
Re: Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by mikerob116(m): 11:30am On Jul 26, 2012
Where is the source of your so called Research?
folario: I've don a whole lot of research and I can Boldly say that 99% of Nairalanders are Big Scammers...no doubt about it.
Re: Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by legalwealth(m): 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
There are legal people in here as I'm also legal as name depicts.

I just met someone in here that we both worked out some withdrawal issue of PayPal.

Just need just more five people that are article writer as no need to have a paypal account whatsoever.

Goodluck..
Re: Are There Still LEGITIMATE People On Nairaland Aside Scammers? by osogwu(m): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2012
There are real people in NL.I registered for Auchi post utme for my brother with the help of a fellow nairaland who is in AUCHI.This guy bought the card and send the pin to me here in markudi.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Want To Be Rich? / Wholesale Clothing And Multi-line Necklace Bracelet, Earring, Shoe / Here's My Top Reason For Complaint Of A Nairalander & Others About & Against Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.