Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Chinedu Ede Seals Mainz 05 Move - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chinedu Ede Seals Mainz 05 Move (709 Views)

Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) / Ex-Enyimba Goalkeeper, Chinedu Agwu Dies / Mainz 05 Put Gonzalo Jara Up For Sale Over Copa America Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chinedu Ede Seals Mainz 05 Move by bennie1980(m): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
Nigerian midfielder, Chinedu Ede, has sealed a four-year deal with Bundesliga side Mainz 05.

The player who played for Union Berlin in the Bundesliga 2 in the past few seasons passed his medicals on Tuesday and was thereafter presented at a press conference where he revealed his mission at the club. The club manager, Thomas Tuchel, also hailed him as a quality addition that will help the team achieve its objectives in the new season.

“We wanted to bring him to the club because he is a good dribbler. He is also good in taking on defenders one-on one and he is the type of player we need going forward,” he enthused after handing him the No 17 jersey.

“ He is a very versatile attacker that can play in different positions which is good for the entire team- a skilful player that can adapt to any formation,” Tuchel told the pressmen at the unveiling.

Ede also spoke on the move he described as a dream come true for him after putting pen to paper:

"This is a great opportunity for me. I am convinced that this is exactly the right move for me. It fits all the trappings. Every player wants to compete with the best and play in front of more viewers. It will be more challenging playing in the Bundesliga, but I am ready .”

"I am yet to see much of the beautiful city of Mainz. But I'm really looking forward to the crazy fans of the club because I've heard so much about them. “

"In the midfield, I can play in any position, I can also dribble very well. But first, I want to gain my place in the first team and provide the fans with exciting football.”

Re: Chinedu Ede Seals Mainz 05 Move by bennie1980(m): 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
I hope Keshi is monitoring this guy. I have seen him on a couple of occassions and would be a big addition to the Super Eagles.

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Set To Sign New 4 Year Contract With Chelsea / Al Ahly Wins The CAF Champions League / Sport Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.