Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:29 AM

I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike (17410 Views)

Chika Ike Wore This To Church Today (photo) / Emeka Ike To Pastor Chris Okotie: You Are An Anti-christ / Emeka Ike And Jonathan At Rhythm 'N' Play Event[see PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by r231(m): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
Nollywood actor, Emeka Ike, has said he’s leaving Nollywood temporarily to strategies. Speaking to an Encomium reporter exclusively on Sunday July 22nd, the actor said:

“I have not quit Nollywood in the real sense of the word. What I did was to withdraw all my movies from the market, and I mean all the movies that are related with Emeka Ike…and the reason is not far fetched. I am angry with what is going on in the industry. My conscience would not allow me to go on with the decay in the industry. So, I feel that was the best thing to do, to dissociate myself from the problem and stand out! So, henceforth, any Nollywood movie would not involve Emeka Ike. Rather, I want to market all my movies on the label of Emeka Ike Production. If you want to deal with me as an actor, you have to work with me under the label. That clearly separates me from Nollywood

http://igbokwenuradio./2012/07/25/i-am-quitting-nollywood-temporarily-emeka-ike/

Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Chanchit: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
LDDMST.... Laf dey do me strong thing here o.... I'm even happy he knws that their productions carries high level of mediocrity, i won't even knw, if he puts the film in the mkt, when i won't watch... What i don't understand now is if he would be the one to write the script for the people willing to do biz' with him.... They knw that those films are whack, but they still go ahead in doing it, when they now get money out of it, they would say the industry is decaying...

1 Like

Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by ifihearam: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ok ooo
As if you didn't benefit frm the so called decay.
Mtcheeeeeeww
Next
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by jennyb2: 6:13pm On Jul 25, 2012
heard d actor likes goat meat seriously!
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
Hmmm, He will be missed. Maybe Not? undecided

I think maybe what he should have said would have been - "I'm not getting any new jobs so pardon me for being off-screen for a while" tongue #JustKidding.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by slimdiggi: 6:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
Never felt your presence anyway! If you like move to east timor, mediocre actor,smh

4 Likes

Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Sunofgod(m): 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
. . . My relation actually mentioned ths same thing to me a few months back.

He's also a major player and has been from day one - but he's fed up with the 'violations' that take place within the industry.

To much piracy and corruption.

But let me warn Mr Ike - Even if you withdraw from the industry for the next 100 years films WILL still be released with your name all over it.

Afterall there is nothing you can do - Nigeria doesn't really have any laws to protect your 'intellectual property'.
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by djeezy(m): 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
I hope he is speaking the truth or his temporal quitting has to do with the president Actor's guild of Nigeria(AGN) position. Anyway he knows, what he wants, so if he wants to quit, who cares? With the ill-produced and fake movies we have here in 9ja.mtchew!
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
I don suffer for this country,laff don make me engage boko haram grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by uceee(m): 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
And where will "Emeka Ike Productions" operate? No be Nigeria movie industry (Nollywood)?
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by megareal: 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
Is distancing himself what will make Nollywood 'well'? What happened to contributing your quota to make the industry work? Even if he releases his movies under his own name, he will still be seen as Nollywood. Better for them all to join hands and heads to proffer lasting solutions that will benefit them all in the long run.

1 Like

Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Sweetdbest: 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2012
I do not even seeing him acting real. Most of his acts look fake to me.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by chuks49(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
When old man like him pockets money from nollywood producers playing the role of a secondary school student in movies he didn't know that he was part of the problem destroying nollywood.

4king hypocrite

1 Like

Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by redcliff: 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
slimdiggi: Never felt your presence anyway! If you like move to east timor, mediocre actor,smh

Loool.if he likes let him move to asia sef we no care....
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by DonaldGenes(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
ifihearam: Ok ooo
As if you didn't benefit frm the so called decay.
Mtcheeeeeeww
Next
And thats real Tawk!!
duuno wch part of ma ass should i laff with

1 Like

Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by chuks49(m): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
uceee: And where will "Emeka Ike Productions" operate? No be Nigeria movie industry (Nollywood)?

Emekawood

3 Likes

Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Dermie: 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
i tot he was gonna mentn Hollywood........Nxt Pls. undecided
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Sunofgod(m): 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
megareal: Is distancing himself what will make Nollywood 'well'? What happened to contributing your quota to make the industry work? Even if he releases his movies under his own name, he will still be seen as Nollywood. Better for them all to join hands and heads to proffer lasting solutions that will benefit them all in the long run.

I'm sure he will pursue foreign currency - and quit Nigeria and 'Nollywood' films.

From what I know, there are many people overseas who are willing to invest in these 'Nollywood' hustlers.

Mark my words - soon you will see Nigerian themed films being produced abroad - and more importantly marketed abroad.

The reason - you have the law on your side if your copyright is violated (plus Pounds, Dollars and Euro's are more attractive currencies)

Well known Nigerian comedians are making foreign currency by putting on shows OUTSIDE Nigeria.

So why not the actors?
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Rocktation(f): 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ehen...didn't know that he was around sef...
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
See this mumu dey deceive himself. Frustration don bulala im life sotay e don nearly run mad. I don't know who is more loathsome between this clown and the other serial debtor called Jim Iyke.
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by hammedkola(m): 6:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
When you have money, you choose to do things the way you like, NOT the way they are... am happy for you Ike
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by SisiKill1: 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
A Nollywood insider going on strike because he knows something ain't kosher with the business?

Hmmm, I wonder if the Nollywood apologist who curse those of us who have been saying the same thing for years now will start cursing Emeke Ike.
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by tellwisdom: 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ever since wey u don dey act, U gve me money ?? Wetin come concern me if u dey leave?
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2012
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked Now if we can only get some yoruba actors to quit nollywood/yorubawood ( I.E Bukky wright, Ronke Ojo, e.t.c) so we can see some new faces
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2012
tellwisdom: Ever since wey u don dey act, U gve me money ?? Wetin come concern me if u dey leave?

i wonder shocked shocked
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Odinaka00(m): 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
I never watch jumong finish, a man called God, de joyoung infact all d korean films, na τ̲̅ȍ siddon dey watch mumu emeka ike nd mr ibu
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
Odinaka00: I never watch jumong finish, a man called God, de joyoung infact all d korean films, na τ̲̅ȍ siddon dey watch mumu emeka ike nd mr ibu

undecided undecided undecided hun
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
Arrogant Id!ota
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2012
I think the guy is good but over-act and too much " Yeah Man - Jamaican wanna be"
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by DExplorer1: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by Odinaka00(m): 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
~vicky~:

undecided undecided undecided hun

What ȋ̝̊̅§ huh?
Re: I Am Quitting Nollywood Temporarily’ – Emeka Ike by PBeni(m): 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
D-Explorer:
Instead of confessing that he has been pushed to the back in the industry.
No dey talk rubbish for here! Mtcheeeeeewww!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson & Her New Born Baby (pic) / Mercy Aigbe Dancing With Her Daughter, Michelle / Tony Umez Loses Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.