|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,605,911 members, 2,924,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 June 2016 at 10:31 PM
|Politics / Re: See Hw 9ja 1st ADC Was Buried Afta He Was Killed While Defending Murtala Mohamed by gulfer: 8:26pm|
Brave Odua soldier
|Politics / Re: #BIAFRAEXIT_VOTE: IPOB Officially Launches Campaign Slogan by gulfer: 7:13pm|
This is Aba-made Brexit, lol @biafraexit
|Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Why we won't recruit Applicants With Tatoos-nigerian Police by gulfer: 7:10pm|
Seen many SARS men with tattoos and even worse than cultists.
|Politics / Re: We Would Bomb 3rd Mainland Bridge - Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta by gulfer: 6:35pm|
These coins won't be taken serious if nothing happens next Saturday; I know Buhari will not yield to their demands.
|Crime / Re: Wife Kills Lecturer Husband In Benue Over Extra Marital Affairs by gulfer: 8:45am|
|Politics / Re: How Fayose Begged Zenith Bank To Cover Up The Source Of His Election Funds - SR by gulfer: 12:07pm On Jun 24|
Is this picture Ayo's grandpapa
|Politics / Re: Fayose Inspects Roads In Ado Ekiti, Looks Unworried (Photos) by gulfer: 8:39am On Jun 24|
I like that lady in jeans, she carry front.....................
|Politics / Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by gulfer: 6:21am On Jun 23|
But you can eat all the money and assume a position fraudulently at the same time
|Crime / Re: Punishments Of Rapist In Different Countries Around The World by gulfer: 7:39pm On Jun 22|
8. In Nigeria, families talk and discuss while the victim is victimised and ostracised until forced to relocate or into suicide.
|Celebrities / Re: Breaking News: Another Nigeria Nollywood Actor Is Dead by gulfer: 6:18pm On Jun 22|
@OP, this man died last week. Are you just waking up
|Nairaland / General / 20 Amazing Facts About Burj Khalifa by gulfer: 9:37am On Jun 22|
1. Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world with an architectural height of 2716.5 feet or 828.0 meters. Its occupied height (height of the floor occupied by people) is 1918 feet or 584.5 meters. Its total height measured from its tip is 2723 feet or 829.8 meters.
2. The observatory deck of the building is located at a height of 1483 feet or 452.1 meters.
3. There are 163 floors located above the ground and it has only one floor located below the ground. It has 58 functional elevators that run at a top speed of 10 meters per second. Burj Khalifa boast 2957 parking spaces, 304 hotels and 900 apartments.
4. The Gross Floor Area of the tower is 3,331,140 ft2 or 309,473 m2. The Gross Floor Area is the area within the footprint of the tower and does not include connected buildings and adjoining podiums.
5. The developer/owner of the tower is Emaar and its design architect is Skidmore Owings & Merill and architect of record is Hyder Consulting.
6. MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) engineer as well as structural engineer is Skidmore Owings & Merill.
7. Turner Construction was the project manager for Burj Khalifa while Besix, Arabtec and Samsung C&T Corporation were its main contractors. Dow Corning Corporation supplied sealants for the tower while Otis Elevator Company supplied the elevators.
8. Located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, this tower was initially named as Burj Dubai. The building was proposed in 2003 but construction work started in 2004 and was completed in 2010.
9. Burj Khalifa is the tallest tower in Dubai, UAE, Middle East and World. It is 3 times as tall as Eiffel Tower and two times taller than Empire State Building.
10. The tower also holds world records for: 'tallest free standing building', 'highest occupied floor', 'highest number of stories', 'longest travel distance elevators', 'tallest service elevator' and 'second highest outdoor observatory deck'. Record for highest outdoor observation deck is now held by Canton Tower which was officially opened in December 2011.
11. Total aluminum used in the tower weighs as much as 5 A380 aircraft. Total concrete used in the tower weighs as much as 100,000 elephants.
12. During peak construction days, 12,000 workers were engaged every day.
13. '22 million man-hours', '55,000-ton steel rebar' and '110,000-ton concrete' were used to complete the construction of the tower in 6 years.
14. Skidmore Owings & Merill is an American architect firm and they developed the structural system called 'buttressed core' that supports 163 floors of the building.
15. So much rebar was used in the construction of Burj Khalifa that if they were laid down end-to-end, the total length would be one-quarter of the total way across the globe.
16. 26,000 glass panels cut individually were used to create the exterior of the building. 300 Chinese cladding experts worked together to design a cladding system for the tower that could withstand Dubai's summer heat.
17. Burj Khalifa requires a supply of 250,000 gallons of water each day and total electricity consumption of the building is equivalent to the electricity consumed by 360,000 bulbs of 100-watt each burning at the same time.
18. The building has a specially designed elevator system for controlled evacuation during emergency situations like security threats or fire.
19. The building has 12 machines of 13 tons each moving along tracks constructed outside the building. 36 cleaners board these machines to clean the 24,000 reflective windows of the tower.
20. The design of the tower is inspired by the shape of Hymenocallis flower. The flower is known for its long petals extending out from its center.
|Crime / Re: Buhari’s Aide Arrested With 1.5 Million Dollars Cash by gulfer: 6:44am On Jun 22|
Vanguard needs to go after these guys, they have succeeded in designing another website and it is actually up as I speak. Check the two below:
1: http://vanguardnigeria.org/-Fake Vanguard
2: http://www.vanguardngr.com/- Real Deal
|Business / Re: Onitsha New Shoprite..my Dope Swagg Pictures There..me And My Siblings.. by gulfer: 8:54pm On Jun 20|
Thought you had mummy and daddy as part of your crew cod the headline says 'family'
|Sports / Re: Moses Simon's Sister, Hauwa Dies During Child Birth by gulfer: 2:35pm On Jun 20|
RIP Madam, may God repose your soul
|Family / Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by gulfer: 9:55am On Jun 20|
alexistaiwo:@OP, do you attend Yaba Baptist Church, cos this was exactly how the ministration was about how valuable our kids view us.
|Health / Re: 5-yr-old Rich Kid Gave Favourite Teacher Mercedes In Kuwait by gulfer: 6:12am On Jun 19|
The day the teacher annoys him, he will take it back like every 5year old
|Sports / Re: Stephen Keshi's Obituary Poster And Burial Arrangements by gulfer: 2:41pm On Jun 17|
Saturday 25th 'of what Month' Please? The poster ain't good enough for the big boss.
|Phones / Re: 16 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Use Android Devices by gulfer: 5:42pm On Jun 16|
3 Likes 1 Share
|European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: England Vs Wales : Euro 2016 (2 - 1) On 16th June 2016 by gulfer: 3:16pm On Jun 16|
|Politics / Re: PDP Branded Umbrella Spotted In China Market (photo) by gulfer: 6:29am On Jun 16|
That is Chinese village na
|Politics / Re: Different Protesting Groups At PDP Headquarters In Abuja. Photos by gulfer: 1:55pm On Jun 15|
diegwu01:You are MOUTHED
16 Likes 2 Shares
|Crime / Re: See The Ridiculous Way This Guys Escaped From A Police Van by gulfer: 10:50am On Jun 15|
Ah ah ah
|Politics / Re: Wives Of Oyo, Ebonyi & Zamfara Governors In A Group Photo by gulfer: 6:23am On Jun 15|
Rabbish, how do their people look
|Crime / Re: Married Woman I Gave Lift In Enugu Yesterday Stole My Tablet From My Car by gulfer: 7:07pm On Jun 14|
@OP, abeg talk the other side. You wanted strings attached and you've been strung, kpele..... Just musing
|European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Belgium Vs Italy: Euro 2016 (0 - 2) On 13th June 2016 by gulfer: 9:52pm On Jun 13|
Classic Italy; Pelle!!!
|Crime / Re: Five Suspects Arrested Over Kano ‘blasphemy’ Killing by gulfer: 3:11pm On Jun 10|
debetmx:Forgiven !!! !!!
|Crime / Re: Five Suspects Arrested Over Kano ‘blasphemy’ Killing by gulfer: 2:10pm On Jun 10|
The one in the middle with cap must be the kingpin.
|Crime / Re: Five Suspects Arrested Over Kano ‘blasphemy’ Killing by gulfer: 2:08pm On Jun 10|
debetmx:You need glasses the thickness of old Coca Cola bottle.
|Romance / Re: Moment Of Madness As Drunk Couple Have Sex By Roadside Infront Of Crowd (pics) by gulfer: 6:17am On Jun 10|
|Politics / Re: Wike Gives Rivers Magistrates Cars - Photos by gulfer: 2:29pm On Jun 09|
The boys will come for some of them, driving such in PortHarcourt at this time may require constant presence of an escort
|Politics / Re: Eze Madumere Wore Canvass To A Meeting In Owerri. Photo by gulfer: 1:38pm On Jun 09|
The man may be diabetic o...................
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2016 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81