Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

080football's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 080football's Profile / 080football's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

Sports / Transfer Newz In Briefz! Do U Like What Your Club Is Doing In The Market So Far? by 080football(m): 9:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Real Madrid wants Aguero. They will make an approach after COPA AMERICA.

Arsenal will make Cech signing official this week. It may even be today.

Arsenal bids 23 million pounds for Aturo Vidal. But Juventus are unwilling to sanction the move.

Ospina will leave Arsenal this summer. But the Gunners wants to do what Chelsea did. Keeping Courtois and Cech happy. They now want to keep Cech and Ospina happy

Manchester United makes a fresh 43 million pounds bid for Ramos. Real Madrid may also reject the bid.

Scneiderlin is very very close to Old Trafford. He was going to the Emirates before taking a detour to Old Trafford. But Van Gaal prefers Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Van Gaal wants to swap Di Maria for Cavani. We don’t see it happening though.

Desperate Manchester City makes a 60 million pound bid for Pogba. But Juventus wants 80 million pounds. And Pogba will reduce his weekely wages because he wants Barcelona.

City are in pole position to sign Chelsea outcast; Kelvin De Bruyne.

Manchester City enters Ramos chase. A transfer war will exist between United and City.

Chelsea are favourite to sign Begovic because he wants a big salary move to Stamford Bridge, Stoke wants Moses and Chelsea wants an elite back up keeper.

Chelsea are also looking at strengthening their right wing with Griezmann. But Chelsea doesn’t want to meet his 43 million pounds valuation. Chelsea are thinking of offering Salah and Filipe Luis to sweeten the deal

Liverpool are not done on the raid at Southampton. Just yet. They are closing in on Clyne.

GO TO http://www.080football.com/old-pictures-of-jose-mourinho-asene-wenger-ancelotti-van-gaal-and-pellegrini-in-their-playing-days/
to keep up with what is happening in and around Major leagues in the world as the transfer market officially opens ......
Sports / Sepp Blatter Makes A U Turn, Says “i Did Not Resign” by 080football(m): 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Sep Blatter makes a huge U turn from the I AM STEPPING DOWN statement to say he did not resign. He said it during a dinner. The world will wish the statement will not turn to I AM CONTESTING in the nearest future.

BLATTER: “I did not resign. I put myself and my office in the hands of the Fifa congress.”

This is a huge u turn from his earlier statement on June 2.

BLATTER: I have been reflecting deeply about my presidency and about the 40 years in which my life has been inextricably bound to Fifa and the great sport of football. I cherish Fifa more than anything and I want to do only what is best for Fifa and for football.

I felt compelled to stand for re-election, as I believed that this was the best thing for the organisation. That election is over but Fifa’s challenges are not. Fifa needs a profound overhaul.

While I have a mandate from the membership of Fifa, I do not feel that I have a mandate from the entire world of football – the fans, the players, the clubs, the people who live, breathe and love football as much as we all do at Fifa.

Therefore, I have decided to lay down my mandate at an extraordinary elective Congress. I will continue to exercise my functions as Fifa President until that election.

The next ordinary Fifa Congress will take place on 13 May 2016 in Mexico City. This would create unnecessary delay and I will urge the Executive Committee to organise an Extraordinary Congress for the election of my successor at the earliest opportunity. This will need to be done in line with Fifa’s statutes and we must allow enough time for the best candidates to present themselves and to campaign.

Since I shall not be a candidate, and am therefore now free from the constraints that elections inevitably impose, I shall be able to focus on driving far-reaching, fundamental reforms that transcend our previous efforts.

For years, we have worked hard to put in place administrative reforms, but it is plain to me that while these must continue, they are not enough. The Executive Committee includes representatives of confederations over whom we have no control, but for whose actions Fifa is held responsible. We need deep-rooted structural change.

The size of the Executive Committee must be reduced and its members should be elected through the Fifa Congress. The integrity checks for all Executive Committee members must be organised centrally through Fifa and not through the confederations. We need term limits not only for the president but for all members of the Executive Committee. I have fought for these changes before and, as everyone knows, my efforts have been blocked.

This time, I will succeed. I cannot do this alone. I have asked Domenico Scala to oversee the introduction and implementation of these and other measures. Mr Scala is the Independent Chairman of our Audit and Compliance Committee elected by the Fifa Congress.

He is also the Chairman of the ad hoc Electoral Committee and, as such, he will oversee the election of my successor. Mr Scala enjoys the confidence of a wide range of constituents within and outside of Fifa and has all the knowledge and experience necessary to help tackle these major reforms.

It is my deep care for Fifa and its interests, which I hold very dear, that has led me to take this decision. I would like to thank those who have always supported me in a constructive and loyal manner as President of Fifa and who have done so much for the game that we all love. What matters to me more than anything is that when all of this is over, football is the winner.

Blatter is considering running for elections.

For other interesting, informative, educative and inspirational football stories.. go to www.080football.com You can also "like us" on www.facebook.com/080football and follow us on twitter @080football
Sports / Re: Old Pics Of Mourinho,wenger, Ancelotti, Lvg & Pellegrini In Thier Playing Days by 080football(m): 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Sports / See Why Gyan And Other Ghanaian Players Really Went On Strike! Chaiii!!!!! by 080football(m): 9:37am On Jun 26, 2015
We all remember what happened in the world cup when the Black Stars of Ghana went on strike. Well this is what happened.

Apart from the non-payment of salary which is even a none issue to the players, The players found out that the ball boy and even the drummer collected the same money as them.

Their allowance was 100 thousand dollars. And the ball boy and the drummers were placed in the same ...
READ COMPLETE STORY AT http://www.080football.com/please-find-out-why-gyan-and-other-ghanaian-players-went-on-strike-its-a-big-shame/
Nairaland / General / See Why Gyan And Other Ghanaian Players Really Went On Strike! Chaiii!!!!! by 080football(m): 9:28am On Jun 26, 2015
We all remember what happened in the world cup when the Black Stars of Ghana went on strike. Well this is what happened.

Apart from the non-payment of salary which is even a none issue to the players, The players found out that the ball boy and even the drummer collected the same money as them.

Their allowance was 100 thousand dollars. And the ball boy and the drummers were placed in the same ...READ COMPLETE STORY AT http://www.080football.com/please-find-out-why-gyan-and-other-ghanaian-players-went-on-strike-its-a-big-shame/
Sports / Harshest Red Card Ever? See This Video And Be The Judge.. by 080football(m): 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
Go to http://www.080football.com/harshest-red-card-ever-watch-this-and-be-the-judge/
to see full story...yes..the video says it all plus...

It was on the same day last year that Uruguay's Suares bit Italy's Chllileni and the 2014 FIFA world cup in Brazil.

We learnt the JARA guy has been banned from COPA AMERICA. What a shame in his own home...

How una see this matter...if na Naija wetin go happen?

Sports / Childhood Pictures Of Cr7, Messi, Rooney, Ronaldinho, Lampard And Many More by 080football(m): 10:41am On Jun 25, 2015
Everyone can rise from any position to attain greatness regardless of where and how they started off in life. 080lens takes you to when these super stars were once little kids. Enjoy!

RONEY

GO TO http://www.080football.com/childhood-pictures-of-c-ronaldo-messi-rooney-ronaldinho-lampard-and-many-more-stars/

to see all the rest.

Sports / Old Pics Of Mourinho,wenger, Ancelotti, Lvg & Pellegrini In Thier Playing Days by 080football(m): 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
These are old pictures of the world class managers we see today in the dugout. They once played football. Though managers like Jose Mourinho exited early. At the age of 24, they still managed to leave a mark in their playing days. Coaches like Ancelotti left a bigger mark than most others. Here is a guide on how to understand pictures. The size of the jerseys and the color of the pictures will give you a clear picture on the time and era they played football.

MOURINHO
The Special one is probably the worst player among the top coaches who played football. But whatever he couldnt be in his playing days, he made it up in his coaching carier. He left football at the age of 24 and he is probably the best coach among the coaches listed here.

GO TO http://www.080football.com/old-pictures-of-jose-mourinho-asene-wenger-ancelotti-van-gaal-and-pellegrini-in-their-playing-days/

to see all the rest.

Nairaland / General / Football Clubs Are Not Political Parties, Loyalty Is For Sale!! by 080football(m): 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
Football is not a job. A lot of emotions are involved. It is difficult to see legends play in rival clubs. If you don't understand what we mean if you are a Barcelona fan, try having a dream where Messi is playing in Real Madrid colors. Scoring and dribbling past Barcelona defenders in Nu Camp. Ok. Wake up from this nightmare lets discuss why players jump ship leaving the fans very angry.

Lampard did it to Chelsea last season, Cech is doing it to Chelsea this season. Though the circumstances are very very different. But the factors that led to it are the same. 4-5 seasons ago, Chelsea introduced a policy where....read the complete story at www.http://www.080football.com/is-there-anything-like-player-loyalty-in-football-no/...

For other interesting, informative, educative and inspirational football stories.. go to www.080football.com You can also "like us" on www.facebook.com/080football and follow us on twitter @080football
Politics / Football Clubs Are Not Political Parties, Loyalty Is Maybe For Sale!! by 080football(m): 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
Football is not a job. A lot of emotions are involved. It is difficult to see legends play in rival clubs. If you don't understand what we mean if you are a Barcelona fan, try having a dream where Messi is playing in Real Madrid colors. Scoring and dribbling past Barcelona defenders in Nu Camp. Ok. Wake up from this nightmare lets discuss why players jump ship leaving the fans very angry.

Lampard did it to Chelsea last season, Cech is doing it to Chelsea this season. Though the circumstances are very very different. But the factors that led to it are the same. 4-5 seasons ago, Chelsea introduced a policy where....read the complete story at www.http://www.080football.com/is-there-anything-like-player-loyalty-in-football-no/...

Sports / Is There Anything Like Player Loyalty In Football? by 080football(m): 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2015

Sports / It Is Wenger 1 - 0 Mourinho. But Who Is Bossing The Transfer Window??? by 080football(m): 11:17am On Jun 23, 2015
Wenger has got one over Mourinho. He sold a wonderful project to Cech and Cech bought into it. The fact that he wanted his kids in the same city also played a part. Let’s not forget the CLEAN SHEET records he wanted. He is less than 5 clean sheets away from the record so far. All these reasons made Wenger to score one over Mourinho.

Don’t forget, we are not seeing Cech based on his goalkeeping prowess alone. We are seeing a man that is capable of organising the backline and positioning of Arsenal defenders. He will also provide something they have been lacking since Thiery Henry and Viera left them: LEADERSHIP AND BELIEF!

Apart from Cech, Wenger is also pushing for Jackson Martinez instead of Benzema. Though we expect Wenger to make his team an elite team and go all out for Benzema/Lacazzette, Maco Rues/Griezmann and Scneiderlin. . But Wenger knows best

Mourinho is not winning in this transfer Window so far. Falcao is not a bad noise. But it’s not the kind of noise that will fill Chelsea fans with WOW! or the noise that will fill rivals with AWE. From Abramovic sanctioning Cech to Arsenal move, to Remy staging a movement if Falcao comes. Mourinho is not winning at all. But he is not loosing either as he has managed to get a player/working permit for one of his on loan players: Betrand Traore. Many says he is the main reason Chelsea are not too keen on Griezmann. But we will see if he plays next season.

The only and biggest looser in the transfer Window so far is Van Gaal. United are not making the right noises under him. He is trying to fix a puzzle with too many moving pieces. We expected him to go for a goalkeeper with proven EPL experience. But he is going for WE DON’T KNOW WHO. He will be a genus if he nicks the league this time around.

Pelligrini is making mix noises. De Bruyne and Isco are good noises. But 50 million pounds for Starling is a bad bad bad bad noise.

Good luck people!

Sports / 26 Year Old-ecuador National Coach Sets Record As Youngest Coach In Fifa Wc by 080football(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
“In the hospital where I was born, only boys had been born before. I was the first girl to be born in that hospital.”Vanessa Arauz explains. Her story is not the kind of story you read everyday in newspapers. It is not even the kind of stories where women thrive in a male dominated environment. Her story is a story that reaffirms and re-echoes the popular notion that: Women can excel not just exist as passers-by even in a male dominated environment.

She is the first woman to earn the title “COACH” in Ecuador. She is also the first person to lead them the National Women's team to unequalled success. Having qualified them for the FIFA WOMEN WORLD CUP for the first time in the history of Ecuadorean football. She is set to conquer the world.

Her footy journey didn’t start in the limelight. It started when she was very little. At the age of eight as she recalls. “I trained from the age of eight with boys teams because there were no girls football schools. During the games there were shouts from the stands that I should be washing dishes, that I shouldn`t be there. I remember a particular game where I took the ball, overtook a boy and scored the goal that gave us victory. My mother always said, when I was inside her, kicking a lot, I must have been playing 20 games of football"

She played so many games as a young lad so much so that if we include the ones she played in her mother’s womb she would have had maybe hundreds of caps. Hence the reason she couldn’t wait to get out. To get started on the terrestrial plane, not as a footballer eventually, but as a football coach.

Coach Vanessa Arauz was awarded the Guinness World Records title as the youngest coach in a FIFA Women’s World Cup. At 26 years old, Arauz is also the youngest coach, male or female, in the history of both the men’s and women’s FIFA World Cup tournaments.

Though Aruaz team lost to cameroun and others in the on-going Womens FIFA world cup in Canada, they were admired by all for the courage and the inspiration they have given to many in nations untold. "I`m only 26 years old and the coach of a national team, she said. It`s a great privilege, we`re trying to develop women`s soccer in Ecuador. This is a platform so other young players will be able to make it to this level.
It's not an easy feat to coach a National team at such an age. She may be just 26, but she has made her mark in world football. We wish her more victories in the days ahead.

To our Nigerian and Africa girls, ladies, women, know that it is even more possible than ever before to shine in any field you put your mind, heart and hands to irrespective of who ran the show before you came... be in it sports, academia, business, homefront, military, entertainment, philanthropy..just name it.... yes you can do it!!!!

Boys and men, tell you mama, tell your sister, tell you babe, tell your friend,...she can do it.

for more interesting and inspirational football stories.. go to www.080football.com or "like us" on www.facebook.com/080football or follow us on twitter @080football

1 Like

Sports / Betting On The Nigerian League Will Soon Be Paying Bigger Cos Of More Away Wins! by 080football(m): 9:33am On Jun 22, 2015
BIG AWAY WINS IN THE GLO PREMIER LEAGUE THIS WEEKEND. CHECK IT OUT! !
Used to be hard to have away wins in the NIgerian League but now the story is gradually changing, the past three seasons have witnessed an increase in the number of away wins and thereis more to come.

This weekend alone we getting some insight in to what is yet to come....and if you're betting..you may wanna take a look at this:

Rangers pulled a huge away win against an inform Warri Wolves in their own stadium. While El-Kanemi Warriors suffered a home humiliating defeat in the hands of new commers: FC Ifeanyiubah. This will make it back to back victory for FC Ifeanyiubah. These are the results below.
Match Day 13 Results
Abia Warriors 1-0 Akwa United
Dolphins 1-1 Giwa FC
El-Kanemi Warriors 1-4 FC Ifeanyiubah
Wikki Tourists 3-0 Sharks
Heartland 2-0 FC Taraba
Shooting Stars 0-0 Enyimba
Nasarawa United 1-0 Bayelsa United
Kwara United 1-1 Lobi Stars
Warri Wolves 0-1 Rangers
Sunshine Stars 3-0 Kano Pillars
Na which result surprise you pass?

To keep updated about this series and more stories as such visit www.080football.com .

For more current news, stories and information on anything in football or even on how to be whatever you want to be in the football business, visit www.080football.com. You can also like us on facebook www.facebook.com/080football to get the latest updates as the come.

Thank you.
Sports / Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by 080football(m): 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
We will check current fees and ask credible sources then share whatever we find... cheers ..
Sports / Dangote:i Hope They Can Sell Arsenal 2 An African. I've Supported Arsenal 30 Yrs by 080football(m): 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
Dangote is the 67th richest man on earth and he wants to buy Arsenal. He said he has been a supporter for more than 30 years when a business associate David Dein took him to watch his first Arsenal match. Dein was the highest share holder at Arsenal before he sold his shares to Stan Kraonke, the American.

DANGOTE: “I really wants to buy Arsenal and I hope they don’t look at colour because money doesn’t have colour. Money is money. I want them to look at my love for Arsenal, which is over 30 years.

I started supporting Arsenal after a close friend and associate took me to see a life match. He introduced me to the sugar business and he was the highest share holder at Arsenal before he sold his share to Stan Kraonke.

Kraonke is 67 years old and he owns 67 percent share of Arsenal. We don’t know if he wants to relinquish his shares or if there is even a policy not to sell to an African. See what Dangote said about it

DANGOTE: I don’t think there is a policy not to sell to an African. It looks so, but I don’t want to believe it. Arsenal are a wonderful club and I won’t loose money by buying them. I will just take them in another direction. Buying players, growing them and selling them is not the best revenue model to me. I will change that if they sell to me.

Toyin Ibetoye took to twitter to express his disaffection in the who matter. He said he loves Dangote. But he would advise Dangote to buy a local club.

Una want make Dangote buy Arsenal?

Yes? No?
Make him buy Kano Pillars?

Give us your answers.

For more current news, stories and information on anything in football or even on how to be whatever you want to be in the football business, visit www.080football.com. You can also like us on facebook www.facebook.com/080football to get the latest updates as the come.
Sports / Re: Petr Cech Will Be The Highest Paid Goalkeeper In Arsenal History! by 080football(m): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2015
@pyyxxaro: didnt get that..
Sports / Kid Writes Letter To Mourinho To Come Coach Aston Villa....see Wish!!! by 080football(m): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2015
Dear Mr Mourinho, My name is Jude. I am 6 years old and I support Aston Villa. You are my favourite manager. Please could you manage Villa and bring Costa with you? We need help. Thank you Jude Branson.

Jude reacted painfully after Liverpool arrange Aston Villa two goals to nothing. Him just vex tell him father say him go bring Jose Mourinho come Villa Park when them reach house from the stadium wey them watch the live game. See the father version of what happened

"He said he wanted us to get a new manager so I asked him who does he want. Straight away he said Mourinho, no messing! At least he’s got good taste!
He said he was going to write to him when he got home, so he did. He’s asked Mourinho to come and help, and he’s also asked if he could bring Costa. He’s still convinced that Mourinho is going to come and sort us out."

Hahaha! Somebody need to tell this fine intelligent boy say everyday no be christmas oo.

Sports / Re: Nigeria Vs Chad:AFCON Qualifier (2 - 0) On 13th June 2015 by 080football(m): 9:39am On Jun 20, 2015
Cech’s move to Arsenal is almost a done deal with many expecting an official confirmation any moment from now.

Arsenal will pay Cech 100,000 pounds per week and he will be the number 1 goalkeeper at Arsenal.

Ospina will be on his way out after Copa America as he doesn’t want to be the number 2 goalkeeper at the Emirates.

Chelsea made a big sacrifice selling Cech to a huge rival in need of a worLd class goalkeeper and winner in the dressing room. This sacrifice may hunt Chelsea because Cech will provide all the needed clues to Wenger whenever Arsenal face Chelsea in any competition.To keep updated about this mega transfer story visit www.080football.com .

Thank you.
Sports / Petr Cech Will Be The Highest Paid Goalkeeper In Arsenal History! by 080football(m): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2015
Cech’s move to Arsenal is almost a done deal with many expecting an official confirmation any moment from now.

Arsenal will pay Cech 100,000 pounds per week and he will be the number 1 goalkeeper at Arsenal.

Ospina will be on his way out after Copa America as he doesn’t want to be the number 2 goalkeeper at the Emirates.

Chelsea made a big sacrifice selling Cech to a huge rival in need of a worLd class goalkeeper and winner in the dressing room. This sacrifice may hunt Chelsea because Cech will provide all the needed clues to Wenger whenever Arsenal face Chelsea in any competition.To keep updated about this mega transfer story visit www.080football.com .

Thank you.

1 Like

Sports / Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by 080football(m): 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
@mauriemaxwell: Amennnnn ohhhhhh
@donholy28 :University degree no go give job but go give u the edge and the right tools and some network too ..... so is ur diploma and other things u learn as u grow,, cheerss bro...
@teekay12: ALl the very best bro.... will be glad to help if u need more info...... cheers
Sports / How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by 080football(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
Have you ever wondered what it takes to become a football coach, or do you have a friend or relative that is so keen on being the next Murinho, Wenger, Ancellotti, Simeone, LVG or Ferguson? You are welcome to 080FOOTBALL-HOW-TO-BE segment. We want to show you how easy it is and what to do to become a football coach in Nigeria and abroad.

WHO IS QUALIFIED?

Everybody is eligible as long as you are at least 16years old with a first leaving certificate or its equivalent (minimum qualification). Those with visual impairments may not be qualified because football is a visual game.

HOW TO BEGIN

You are expected to go to the State secretariat closest to you to get relevant information like the application fees and the banks to apply to. You will pay a nonrefundable amount to the account given to you. If the application is successful, you will start your chosen program at the Lagos Campus of the National Sports Institute.

PROGRAMS:

BASIC PROGRAM

The Basic program is for those without coaching experience. You will spend the first two months in the classroom, before undertaking a compulsory IT (One Month) program with a club of your choice. The (Basic) program is expected to last for 3 months.

DIPLOMA PROGRAM

The diploma program is for those with the required coaching experience or those with the Basic certificate. You are expected to spend one year in the classroom and another five months in a club for relevant and practical coaching experience. You will write an exam at the end of this program, if you are successful, you are qualified to coach some small amateur clubs in Nigeria and many other African countries.

HIGHER DIPLOMA PROGRAM

The higher diploma program is for those with Diploma certificate from National Institute of Sports or its equivalent from another country. The program will last for one year in Nigeria and you will be attached to a club from time to time.

NOTE: The National Institute of Sports (NIS) also runs a twin program with a Sports Institute in Holland. The Diploma graduates in Nigeria can run a Higher Diploma program for just one month if they choose to travel to Holland for the course.

You can coach any club in Nigeria with a Higher Diploma Certificate from the National Institute of Sports. But you can’t coach clubs like Chelsea, Real Madrid or any other Champions League club. You need to apply for a LEVEL THREE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM in some big European countries like England, Spain, France or Italy. The duration depends on the country/Federation as well as institution. Nonetheless, their general program includes the following;

Theory

The learning and coaching process (pt2)

Match and player analysis

Team organization: Strategies and tactics

Psychological factors

Football fitness (pt2)

Injury identification

Aspects of first aid

Drug awareness and education

Youngsters in football – child

Development (part two – including working with teenagers)

Preparing, planning and evaluating coaching sessions in conjunction with competitive match programs

Attitudes and ethics

Practical

Development of possession

Movement to create space

Counter-attacking play

Play in the attacking third

Regaining possession

Defending in the thirds of the field

Goalkeeping

Assessment

Those who want to completely study abroad will start from Level One till they get to level Three. They are expected to take a written examination, which includes a multiple choice question in: Football fitness, injury identification and recognition, aspects of first aid and nutrition.

Some Federations may also require an oral Interview regarding recorded coaching and other practical coaching sessions. So be prepared! Goodluck!!!

For more stories and information on how to be whatever you want to be in the football business, visit www.080football.com. You can also like us on facebook www.facebook.com/080football to get the latest updates as the come

3 Likes 1 Share

Sports / Falcons Out Of Women World Cup,senegal And Mali Lose Semis To Brazil And Serbia by 080football(m): 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
The Super Falcons couldn't pull off a required win over the USA to qualify for the 2nd round of the Women World cup. They will have to take the next available flight home after loosing 0-1 to USA. However, Cameroon made it to the 2nd round and will be playing against China for a chance to reach the Quater finals.

Brazil beat Senegal 5-0 while Serbia defeated Mali in AET 2-1 to qualify for the finals of the U20 World Cup. Senegal and Mali will have to face each other in the fight for third place.

How una see these poor showing of most African Teams in the tournaments, wetin be the wahala or solution?

for more football stories, go to www.080football.com or "like us" on www.facebook.com/080football or follow us on twitter @080football

THANKS.
Nairaland / General / Read This If You Hate Cristiano Ronaldo - CR7 by 080football(m): 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
Cristiano Ronaldo said this about his friend in his book.

I have to thank my friend Albert for my success. We played together for a youth club. When people from Sporting (Lisbon) arrived, they told us that whoever scored more goals would be accepted to their Academy. We won that game 3-0, I scored the first goal, the Albert scored a header, and the third was a goal that impressed everyone. Albert went to one on one with the goalkeeper. I was running next to him, he went round the keeper, all he needed to do was just to get the ball into the empty net. But, he passed it to me and I scored. I was accepted to the Academy. After the match, I approached him and asked him “why” and he answered; “You’re better than me”

What do you think about Ronaldo's revelation?

for more interesting and inspirational football stories.. go to www.080football.com or "like us" on www.facebook.com/080football or follow us on twitter @080football
Sports / Read This If You Hate Cristiano Ronaldo! by 080football(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2015
Cristiano Ronaldo said this about his friend in his book.
I have to thank my friend Albert for my success. We played together for a youth club. When people from Sporting (Lisbon) arrived, they told us that whoever scored more goals would be accepted to their Academy. We won that game 3-0, I scored the first goal, the Albert scored a header, and the third was a goal that impressed everyone. Albert went to one on one with the goalkeeper. I was running next to him, he went round the keeper, all he needed to do was just to get the ball into the empty net. But, he passed it to me and I scored. I was accepted to the Academy. After the match, I approached him and asked him “why” and he answered; “You’re better than me”

What do you think about Ronaldo's revelation?

1 Like 1 Share

Sports / 5 Things a Babe,mother,any woman Will surely gain by loving football by 080football(m): 11:17am On Jun 10, 2015
1. If your husband or partner loves football, you stand to score some major points if you show interest in the game..in fact if u are curious to understand offide rules, counter attack, parking the bus etc.. you just won yourself at least some 90mins of shared time. You can both enjoy a game and increase your common grounds.

2. If you go the extra step of supporting a club, mehnnnn, your level don increase be that ohh.. Both of you can wave your banners in victory and hide them in defeat. But it is even more fun when you support different teams..it could get heated up sometimes but remember its all about the fun and sharing.

3. Your husband's friends will feel comfortable coming to your house for the game, you wouldn't have to worry about him leaving the house for a crowd feel to watch big games. His friends and hommies can make your house a big stop for games and that adds more to your friendship network and support system. Did i just hear some ladies say.."i don't like the noise they make..".. Anyways, that one na my mind sha...

4. If you have children whether male or even girls these days, you can be their number one supporter if they show early interest in the game. Instead of telling them to "go and read your books" all the time..you can even be their referee in small backyard games or take them to watch matches, register in academies etc..you know the rest.

5. Since women are seriously taking over many areas under the umbrella of equal gender movement and all that.. you will be doing yourself alot of good to know what many men love..you may just be better at analyzing, multi-betting etc..hahaha.... you have all to gain as well..

For more interesting write ups and other football gists, visit www.080football.com and also like us on facebook www.facebook.com/080football and follow on twitter @080football .

Sports / Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil (2 - 4) U-20 World Cup On June 1st 2015 by 080football(m): 3:44pm On May 29, 2015
making sense... i think our boys have a good morale and we should be able to come out tops on this one....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.