Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

080football's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 080football's Profile / 080football's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

Sports / After Seeing What We Saw On Epl Day 1, Complete The Blank Spaces..... by 080football(m): 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
AFTER SEEING WHAT WE SAW ON EPL DAY 1 TAKE A LOOK AT THIS LIST OF THE LAST 23 EPL WINNERS AND COMPLETE THE BLANK SPACE BELOW...

1992–93: ManU
1993–94: ManU
1994–95: Blackburn R.
1995–96: ManU
1996–97: ManU
1997–98: Arsenal
1998–99: ManU
1999–2000: ManU
2000–01: ManU
2001–02: Arsenal
2002–03: ManU
2003–04: Arsenal
2004–05: Chelsea
2005–06: Chelsea
2006–07: ManU
2007–08: ManU
2008–09: ManU
2009–10: Chelsea
2010–11: ManU
2011–12: ManCity
2012–13: ManU
2013-14: ManCity
2014-15: Chelsea
2015-16: Who ? ..........

NOTE: DON'T FORGET TO VISIT www.080football.com for the most entertaining and inspiring football posts...
Sports / Re: 5 Things We Learned From Manchester United 1-0 Tottenham by 080football(m): 12:36am On Aug 09, 2015
Yustash001:
If not for ranero's decent saves...you guys should have lost or draw.

Tottenham outplayed you..
those saves made a huge diff u know.... comes with the package..
Sports / 5 Things We Learned From Manchester United 1-0 Tottenham by 080football(m): 11:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
1. SCHNEIDERLIN AND SCHWEINSTEIGER PARTNERSHIP IS A PARTNERSHIP THAT WORKS
The game stabilised when Schweinsteiger came on for Carick. And United experienced a stable defence and attacking balance.

2. DARMIAN IS A DIAMOND
He took to the pace and physical sides of the EPL like a duke to water. He is fast, defends well and have a wonderful positioning. United fans will be licking their lips in anticipation of juicy football.

3. UNITED SHOULD BE A BIT WORRIED ABOUT THEIR LACK OF CREATIVITY
We know that the EPL is just starting but United need to create a lot of chances. The first shot on target came after 65 mins. And Tottenham was very generous with gifting positions.

For no 4 and 5 Go to http://www.080football.com/5-things-we-learned-from-manchester-united-1-0-tottenham/
Sports / Mourinho Is Close To Staying In Chelsea 4ever - Signs Major New Contract by 080football(m): 8:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
Here is the official statement from Chelsea official website

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce Jose Mourinho has signed a new four-year contract.

The new deal, announced on the eve of the new season, will keep the 52-year-old at Stamford Bridge until at least 2019.

WITH STATS LIKE THE ONES BELOW...HMMM

Mourinho led Chelsea to her first Premier League title in five years last season, while also securing the Capital One Cup by beating Tottenham at Wembley in March.

Last season Chelsea were the only club in all four divisions to be unbeaten at home, winning the title with three matches to spare.

During his first spell with the club between 2004 and 2007 he was twice a league champion, lifting both the FA Cup and League Cup (twice), before enjoying success at both Inter Milan and Real Madrid.

Mourinho’s 70 per cent win rate is better than any other manager in Premier League history, while our 95-point haul in 2004/05 remains unmatched.

Mourinho said: ‘If the club is happy, I am happy. I think this is a normal thing for me to sign a new contract. It is important we have this continuity and I hope we can enjoy more success in the future – for the fans, the players and the club.

‘I said when I returned here two years ago that I have a special feeling for this club and nothing changed. It is the club closest to my heart and I am very happy to know I will be staying here for a long time.’

Club director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘We are very happy that Jose has committed four more years to the club. Since his arrival two years ago he has carefully developed the playing squad and brought trophies to Stamford Bridge. We look forward to the next four years and the continued success of the team.’

SOURCE: Chelsea official.

for more on this story and other really hot news out of the oven go to our page http://www.080football.com/breaking-newz-mourinho-signs-4-years-contract-extension/

Also don't forget to share..
Sports / Epl 2015/2016 Matchday 1 (games, Time And Predictions) by 080football(m): 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
SATURDAY AUGUST 8, 2015

12:45 Manchester United VS Tottenham Hotspur
15:00 AFC Bournemouth VS Aston Villa
15:00 Everton VS Watford
15:00 Leicester City VS Sunderland
15:00 Norwich City VS Crystal Palace
17:30 Chelsea VS Swansea City

SUNDAY AUGUST 9, 2015

13:30 Arsenal VS West Ham United
13:30 Newcastle United VS Southampton
16:00 Stoke City VS Liverpool

Those are the first games for all the clubs in the EPL this season. DO drop your predictions and letz see who sabi pass abi..who has "the most in-form mind"?

Don't forget to keep it a date with www.080footballl.com as we will bring you all the match reports and dramas as they happen.
Sports / Messi Uses His Head Mercilessly, Head Butts Player, Grabs His Throat by 080football(m): 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
Messi's head touched beyond normal yesterday as his temper couldn't chill again. The most potential or next Ballon d'or as many call him took to head butting a much taller African defender who plays for Roma and even grabbed his throat in a friendly game yesterday.

This is very unsusla for a player that show little or no emotions except when he scores one of those messi goals..
For the full coverage in pictures, Go to http://www.080football.com/messi-uses-his-head-mercilessly-head-butts-player-his-grabs-his-throat/

Sports / Sunday Oliseh Vows: We Must Beat Tanzania by 080football(m): 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
Super Eagles head coach, Sunday Oliseh has vowed and reiterated the importance of beating Tanzania in our next game.

OLISEH: The match in Dar es Salaam is very, very crucial, not only because it will be my first match as Head Coach, but also because we have no choice than to win. The three points are important for us to keep up the tempo in our group.

“We are on the same three points with Egypt, though they have scored a goal more. That is why we cannot afford any slip along the way. We will deal first with the match in Tanzania, and then we will start thinking about the CHAN qualifiers with Burkina Faso in October, and then the World Cup qualifying fixture in November.

There is a lot of work. After these matches, we will now start working towards the two AFCON qualifying matches we have with the Pharaohs in March next year.”

Oliseh will come back to the country next week after concluding his meetings with Super Eagle players playing abroad.

go to our page www.080football.com for more on this story and other important and interesting stories...
Sports / Did You Know That Rooney Played For Everton At The Weekend? by 080football(m): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
Wayne Rooney appeared in an Everton shirt for the first time since 2004 in Duncan Ferguson's testimonial.

The Manchester United striker was given a standing ovation by the club's fans when he came on as a substitute for Tom Cleverley in front of 34,718 fans at read the complete story at http://www.080football.com/did-you-know-that-rooney-played-for-everton-at-the-weekened/

Sports / Re: Charity Sheild 2015/2016 Arsenal Vs Chelsea Match Details: by 080football(m): 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
nerodenero:
Arsenal :
1. Wenger desperately needs a win over Mourinho either by hook or crook.
2. A win for Arsenal would be a further boost not only their season but gives them a lot of confidence in subsequent games against Chelsea.
3. Cech will want to make the difference and sends the right message. If he becomes the reason why Wenger would beat Mourinho, then it would be a huge loss for Chelsea and Mourinho in particular.

Chelsea :
1. Mourinho will want to prove that he still has the magical wand to beat Wenger.
2. A win for Chelsea would be a very good way to commence the season and a warning that they still possess the firepower to beat any team and if possible, defend their title.
3. Mourinho would have to make Cech looks so ordinary to justify the reason he kept him on the bench.

Whichever way, it promises to be an exciting game of football. Whoever wins, trust Mourinho to talk grin

Na so we come see am at the end of the day.... Wenger prevailed and MOurinho ate the bitter pill...all in all good game....good season ahead..
Sports / Re: Charity Sheild 2015/2016 Arsenal Vs Chelsea Match Details: by 080football(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
Bishop4bella:
Let's see eho to use calculator among the two coaches.

Am neutral.

Over to you Chelsea and Arsenal fans.

Nice one my brither... over to themm oooo
Sports / Re: Charity Sheild 2015/2016 Arsenal Vs Chelsea Match Details: by 080football(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
khattab02:
Wenger 12th or 13th encounter with Jose?... This is ya chance again!
Verdict; hmmmmm............... Arsenal for the Shield again though Chelsea will give them a very tough time.

It all looks that way.. but it could be MOurinho's chance to send a warning signal too all contender for the tile out there...
Sports / Re: Charity Sheild 2015/2016 Arsenal Vs Chelsea Match Details: by 080football(m): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
omokab:
As a manchester united fan,if chelsea will not win premier league or any other trophy this season,am sure chelsea that is handling by morinho will certainly beat arsenal like 3-1.

Hmm bros, that is a bold prediction but in two days time..we will know weda it was a prophecy or wish or anything else...
Sports / Charity Sheild 2015/2016 Arsenal Vs Chelsea Match Details: by 080football(m): 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
August 2, 2015 will be a day to behold as an old rivalry will surface Again. Arsenal, the back to back winners of the FA CUP and the defending champions of the Charity Shield will be meeting Chelsea the EPL title holders.

Remember that last year Arsenal defeated Man City in the Charity shield to kick start their season to a fine start. Will they be able to do the same to Chelsea?

Who or what will be a crucial factor in winning the game. How will a win or Lost for Chelsea or Arsenal give us a peep into what the season could look like....what other questions or matters of discussions are there to consider in the build up to this game..

Let's get the conversation started and don't forget to visit our page www.080football.com for another amazing and interesting posts..
Sports / While It Rained Heavily In Most Parts Of The Country, These News Were Cooking: by 080football(m): 10:53am On Jul 29, 2015
MOURINHO REPLIES BENITEZ WIFE'S INSULTS :
The world was shocked when the wife of Real Madrid coach said her husband replaced Mourinho in 3 clubs because he is clearing up Mourinho's mess. Mourinho replied after Chelsea match with Barcelona. See his reply http://www.080football.com/mourinho-replies-rafael-benitez-wife-after-she-insulted-him/

5 THINGS WE LEARNED FROM CHELSEA'S VICTORY AGAINST BARCELONA (4-2 ON PENALTIES) AFTER A 2-2 DRAW:
Chelsea won Barcelona in an interesting game. Here are 5 things we learned. Details http://www.080football.com/5-things-we-learned-from-chelsea-victory-against-barcelona/

VAN GAAL TALKS MOURINHO, CHELSEA, TRANSFERS, VAN PERSIE EXIT AND MANY MORE IN HIS INTERVIEW.
Details: http://www.080football.com/van-gaal-talks-united-mourinho-chelsea-city-barcelona-title-and-his-plan-for-the-season/
Sports / Mourinho Talks Falcao, Fight For The Title, Hazard 2nd Best In The World & More by 080football(m): 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
JOSE, YOU’VE SAID YOU NEED TO BE MORE UNPREDICTABLE THIS SEASON. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?

By conceding four goals in 45 minutes! (Chelsea conceded four in the second half against New York Red Bulls last week)
Being more unpredictable is to have different ways to play. With the strikers we have, we can play with two strikers together more than we did before. We have three very good strikers, and all of them with special motivations.

(Loic) Remy wants to go back to the national team and has a Euro (2016) to play in a year in his own country. Diego (Costa) is very frustrated because the last three months of the season were full of frustration and injuries for him. (Radamel) Falcao had a very bad season and is frustrated because people in England don’t know the real Falcao.

All of them are very enthusiastic. And my wingers can play all play very well defensively. (Eden) Hazard couldn’t, but now he can. Willian can; (Victor) Moses, Ramires when they play in the side. We have options to be different and to be more unpredictable. We can create problems for the opposition when they play against us. We can play with two strikers or one, so we have more options.

Chelsea 1

ON FALCAO, I’M SURE THE SITUATION IS DIFFERENT BUT YOU’VE HAD BIG PLAYERS BEFORE THAT EXPERIENCED A DIP, SUCH AS ANDRIY SHEVCHENKO AND FERNANDO TORRES. HOW DO YOU REBUILD CONFIDENCE?
I don’t have a secret. I just feel it’s a new opportunity for him. He comes after a bad season, but it’s not up to me to speak about it or find the answers for it. I can just say that the analysis we did, and we did a lot of it, showed he is in good condition. We believe he can be very useful for us.

DO YOU DETECT THAT HE WANTS TO PROVE A POINT?
He’s the kind of player who’s proved people wrong all of his career – at Porto, at Atletico and even at Monaco before his injury. It’s easy to feel he’s a very good professional. Even two weeks ago Mr Van Gaal said he has nothing negative to say about him as a person or a professional. He’s a guy who always tries to be ready for the team and ready to work. We believe he can be very important for us.

HAZARD TOOK SOME BAD KNOCKS AGAINST NEW YORK RED BULLS. ARE YOU FRUSTRATED THAT HE HAS TO ENDURE THAT?

You know, pre-season game against a team of kids, highly motivated to get a result and afraid of getting a bad result. To stop people like Hazard, I would never complain about these kids. They were aggressive, really aggressive. A couple of cards were more orange than yellow – I don’t say red – but I would never ..for more on this interview of Mourinho with the daily mail UK, GO TO http://www.080football.com/mourinho-talks-falcao-who-will-fight-for-the-title-hazard-as-the-second-best-in-the-world-and-everything-in-an-interview-with-daily-mail/ ..
Sports / Van Gaal Talks United, Mourinho, Chelsea, City, Barcelona, Title And His Plans!! by 080football(m): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
LOUIS, YOU SAID LAST YEAR THE UNITED SQUAD WAS BROKEN. DO YOU THINK IT IS WELL FIXED NOW?

We only have a better balance of the team. Now we have all the positions double occupied and that is what I said in many, many press conferences last season that we were not in balance and I have to play with players in other positions than they normally have to play in or can play.
Now it is a better balance, but the preparation is the same. Certainly the players have already been working with us for one year, with me and the staff and are used to the philosophy.
Now we have to implement that with the new players and that will happen every year because I believe in refreshment of the group.

THERE WAS STILL A BIG GAP TO CHAMPIONS CHELSEA LAST SEASON. HAVE YOU GOT ENOUGH TO MAKE THAT UP?

The gap is only the consequence of our bad start because after the bad start you will be amazed.

SO ARE YOU BETTER PREPARED TO MAKE A GOOD START?

I don’t know. That could happen again but every day I say to the boys: ‘Our first game against Tottenham Hotspur is the most important.’ The performance against Barcelona here [a 3-1 win] was much more important than the result. OK, the result is fantastic but we were lucky also. If we’d had that luck against Chelsea away last season, you never know.

YOU HAVE SO FAR LET 17 PLAYERS GO AND BROUGHT IN 10. DID YOU EXPECT TO MAKE THAT MANY CHANGES?
I believe in refreshment. You need that, to keep the spirit in the team and also the challenge to be in the line-up and before my time it was not done like that. We had a lot of old players – 35, 34 – so we needed to do that but it was difficult for me because I was new and I had to do it at once.
After that I made my selection. In my preparation I let players go and we bought up to the last day of August last summer.

CAN YOU STILL ACHIEVE IN THREE YEARS WHAT YOU HOPED?

I hope I shall end my career with the championship of course. That would be fantastic because that is also the aim of Manchester United. My personal aim is that I shall be a manager with four championships in four different countries and in my opinion the best countries of Europe.

DO YOU AND YOUR TEAM HAVE A REALISTIC CHANCE OF WINNING THE BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON?

We at Manchester United buy only players who can contribute to our level. You can write every player that you want, every name that you can say, but we cannot say that.

It is also difficult to select the players because you need the players, the club, the money and the price, so it is not easy as you think. You have seen that Memphis Depay is a talent, much more than that, at his age, maybe the best talent. That was voted by the media or maybe the trainer coaches at the World Cup. Matteo Darmian is from a small club but he also was at AC Milan so is a late developer but I think he can contribute and also Bastian Schweinsteiger can contribute as a senior player with a lot of quality.

Morgan Schneiderlin has to prove it because he was in Southampton where maybe he was the leader. Now he is here and I believe in him, that is why he is here.

But I want more players but it is not always possible...For more in this story go to http://www.080football.com/van-gaal-talks-united-mourinho-chelsea-city-barcelona-title-and-his-plan-for-the-season/
Sports / Welcome To Our Do You Know Segment Featuring Victor Moses by 080football(m): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2015
Do you know that Moses said he will score in his second preseason game after hitting the word work and having an impressive game in his first preseason game against New York Red Bulls ?

Do you know that he scored in his second game? He scored the equalizer against PSG last night. Chelsea went on to win on penalties.

Do you know that Moses scored on his full debut for Chelsea after signing from Wigan Athletic?

Do you know that Moses played for England Under 17, 19 and Under 21 sides before deciding to play for Nigeria?

Do you know that Moses scored 2 goals in his first game for Nigeria and Nigeria needed to beat Ethiopia to qualify for AFCON?

Do you know that Moses' uncle took him out of Nigeria at the age of 11 after his parents were killed in one of the riots in Nigeria?

When asked about his parents, and why he chose to represent a country where his parents were brutally killed and not the country, England that adopted him, he answered
MOSES: “ I am not representing the people that killed my parents because they are not Nigerians". Nigerians are those who love Nigerians so much than to speak bad or harm a fellow country person. They are people like myself who forgive wrongs done to them, who love their country and her citizens very much. That's the Nigerian I know because that's the Nigerian that I am and my love for her is more than the hatred to the people who hurt me"

Are you a true Nigerian? go to our page www.080football.com for other intersting and inspiring posts.
Sports / Did You Know Segment: Epl Stats Of Last Season That Will Blow Your Mind!!! by 080football(m): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
Do you know that Schweinsteiger + Herrera + Schniederline created 78 chances last season? But Fabregas alone created 93. The second highest in the EPL last season

Do you know that only Hazard created more chances than Fabregas last season? He created a total of 99 chances. Fabregas created 93.

Do you know that Wojciech Szczesny saved 75% of his shorts in the EPL last three seasons? he saved 73% last two seasons and in last season, he saved only 67% of his shots. He seem to be declining progressively

Do you know that Leighton Baines (and not John Terry) has had a hand in more goals than any other defender in EPL history? He has 26 goals and 46 assists. Making it 72.

Do you know that Liverpool scored 49 fewer goals in 2014-15 season, than they did in 2012-13? They scored only 52 goals in 2014-15 as against the 101 they scored in 2013-14 season

Do you know that Bastian Schweinsteiger is the last visiting player to score at Old Trafford in the Champions League?

Do you know that Morgan Schneiderlin has made more tackles than any other player in the PremierLeague over the last three seasons? He made 355 tackles.

Do you know that only two players (Diego Costa & Juan Mata) have a better chance conversion rate than Lukas Podolski in the last 3 PL seasons? He has 26% chance conversion rate

Do you know that the 4 goals and 4 assists Falcao had last season came when he started the match? None came when he started as a substitute

Do you know that John Terry has never been substituted off in the PL under Jose Mourinho? He started 175 games, but completed 90 minutes in 174 games because he had one red card.

Do you know that the season before Jose Mourinho came, Benitez told everyone that John Terry can not play 3 EPL matches in a consecutively because he is old and weak? But two seasons since that statement, he played all the matches in the EPL without been substituted. Becoming the second best defender in the EPL in the season before and the best defender last season.

Dont expect everyone to support you, appreciate and dont run away from those who do.
Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive. Listen to people who say you can’t, but dont EVER take their words to heart. Let their words be one of the forces that pushes you beyond your natural abilities. Una good morning

go to http://www.080football.com/welcome-to-our-do-you-know-segment-featuring-some-of-the-things-you-need-to-know-in-the-epl-last-season/ for more stats and intEresting posts that will make you say "kai...walahi this was a good read"
Sports / Re: Meet Current Footballers And Their Sons Who Play Football!! by 080football(m): 11:37am On Jul 24, 2015
ibrams:
like papa like yaro.....
kai drogba's son them go break ur leg oooo....chai
help me see rooney's son gringringrin
we see am ohhhh...hehehe
Sports / Meet Current Footballers And Their Sons Who Play Football!! by 080football(m): 11:17am On Jul 24, 2015
Like they sometimes say, Like father like son.

See these players whose sons also have a knack for the beautiful game and how they are beginning to really resemble thier dads in so many ways..

got to http://www.080football.com/meet-current-footballers-and-their-sons-who-play-football/ for more footballers and their sons..

Sports / Fenerbahce Did Not Only Sign Van Persie. His Son,shaqueel Van Persie Also Moved by 080football(m): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2015
Fenerbahce did not only sign Van Persie. They also signed his son, Shaqueel van Persie who was in Manchester City academy before his dad’s move to the Turkish outfit. Just as many lad his age, he doesnt have a position yet as he can play in all the attacking and maybe defensive positions. Van Persie signed his professional career at age 14. Shaqueel van Persie may do it earlier if the Scorpion kick he scored for Manchester City is anything to go by.

Van Persie is not too happy with Van Gaal after his depature from Manchester United

Shaqueel van Persie
VAN PERSIE: ‘I asked to play in the reserves, to get my minutes, but after was on the bench again,’ Van Persie said in the Sunday Times. ‘The atmosphere changed between me and Louis [van Gaal] and people at the club saw it, but I was always professional.
‘I was still thinking we could come back from holiday and start from scratch, but when I came back it wasn’t an honest battle any more. Fighting to get back in the team wasn’t given to me as an option.
‘I didn’t get angry or emotional. These things are part of football, part of life. You have to make the best out of any situation so I’m doing this by moving on.’

Good luck Shaqueel van Persie!

be sure to visit http://www.080football.com/like-father-like-son-meet-shaqueel-van-persie-as-he-signs-for-fenerbahce-academy/ for other intersting, informative and entertaining stories...

Source: Mail

Image Source: Seskim

Sports / Wenger Talks Retirement, Title,chelsea, Manu, Ferguson And Mourinho In Interview by 080football(m): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
Mr Wenger is 65 years and will experience his twentieth league appearance this season. He believes Arsenal are closer to the title than they were before. We agree because The Gunners have gone from WHO WILL LEAVE to WHO WILL COME.

WHEN I SAW FERGUSON LAST SEASON ‘I said, ‘Come on, don’t you miss it?’ ‘He came to meet me after the game when we played at Manchester United.
‘He says no, he’d had enough. He still goes to every game. He has horses. I have no horses.’ RETIREMENT ‘ crosses my mind sometimes, but for no longer than five seconds, because I panic a little bit. I am more committed than ever,’.
‘The number of times you have done it doesn’t count. It is how much you love what you do that counts. And the love is not necessarily diminished by the number of times you’ve done it.
‘Football is new every day. That’s a big quality. It makes you question. With every defeat people say, ‘What’s this guy doing?’
‘You have an exam every three days. You have no way to look back. You have to prepare for the next exam and come out with success

Ferguson Horse

I WANT TO DO WELL FOR ARSENAL
‘I am like everybody: you lose three games and… but when you analyse my time here, you will see I did not lose three games on the trot many times. The job of a manager, as well, is to reduce the time of crisis.
‘I want to do well for the club, and when I leave one day, I want to leave it in a position where it can go on and on.’

‘Big experience helps you anticipate what you will face,’ said Wenger. ‘Even here, there are unpredictable responses. You would not necessarily expect people to insult you on the way to the train.
‘It’s the way society has gone. I can take a distance from that. I know the same people can be excessive.
‘That’s where experience helps. You have a good assessment of who you are and you’re not influenced by what people say, whether it’s too positive or too negative.’

NINE TROPHY-FREE YEARS FOLLOWED BY BACK-TO-BACK FA CUP TITLES

‘What is true is we have stability we didn’t have before,’ said Wenger. ‘I was more exposed to, ‘who will go’ and now the question I get more is, ‘who will come?’
‘Our potential on the market has changed a bit and if you ask me will we win the Premier League, I just say we want to. We will try and give everything but it will be a very open competition.
‘We have a chance. All is going well. Our heaviest defeat last season was 2-0 and it was against Chelsea. We have reduced the gap and I believe we are ready to go further.
‘To guarantee, I cannot do that. You cannot guarantee in the Premier League. Again there are five to six competitors.
‘It’s very difficult to guess how strong the other teams will be. I promise we will fight to win, but it is difficult.’

WOW! THERE ARE TIMES WHEN WENGER KNEW THEY HAD NO TITLE CHANCE
‘When you lose your best players it is impossible,’ he said, with the likes of Samir Nasri, Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas in mind. Before that, Patrick Vieira, Ashley Cole and Thierry Henry.
‘You see opponents strengthen when they are already stronger than you,’ he added.
‘You just get into the top four and see others still strengthening. On top of that you’re losing your best players, so it is difficult to be convinced you can still win the league.’
‘I know if I could have won the league or not. The year we lost it at Birmingham (2007-08), we could have won the league.

‘Last year, no, because after six games we were 11 points behind Chelsea and to catch 11 points back was nearly impossible.’
Hearing Wenger talk openly about the exodus of top players and the problem it caused only reinforces the idea that this phase is over.
Arsenal are into the delivery stage of a project which started with the move from Highbury. While questions remain in some positions, a strong squad has been enhanced.
The elite quality of Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez and Petr Cech has been added without destroying the framework.
‘Stability is undervalued and that is what we want to show,’ said Wenger. ‘We have stability and that gives us strength.
‘Chelsea has good stability, especially defensively. They took advantage of it from the start of the season.
‘Last year, we missed our start for different reasons. One was that after the World Cup some players were not mentally ready.
We also had the Champions League qualifier that cost us a lot of energy against Besiktas.
‘But again we have a tricky start — West Ham look to have bought well and Crystal Palace are a strong team. We have to be ready.

WENGER TALKS MANCHESTER UNITED

‘You can take Barcelona or Manchester United, who had a generation and built their success on players who came from within.
‘These are our values and it is our DNA. It’s important we keep that.
‘After, if we can buy the exceptional players, we can compete today but that will not be the basis of our policy.’
United have veered from this philosophy, spending heavily on established international stars. It may be one reason why Ferguson does not miss it.
‘With success they have created huge financial resources and today there is no patience for them to continue what they did,’ said Wenger.
‘They have the financial resources to go with a different policy. And they do not have available players like Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and David Beckham inside the club.
‘Youth talent is spread more through 20 clubs than it was. You cannot group the best English talents at 16 as easily as used to be possible.
‘It would be interesting to study the reason. And it would be interesting to analyse the basic wages of the England Under 18 team 20 years ago, 10 years ago and today.
Then do it in five years with the Under 16 team.’
Wenger looked set to launch into the task. His enthusiasm is undimmed, even if times have changed. Then it seemed as if he had already started.
‘You would have a shock if you knew what the average 18-year-old footballer earned,’ he said.

DO VISIT OUR PAGE 080football.com FOR OTHER INTERSTING, INFORMATIVE AND ENTERTAINING STORIES

Source: Mail

Image Source: PA Wire and Associated Press.
Sports / Re: Ny Red Bulls 4 - 2 Chelsea : Mourinho Has Plans For Moses At Chelsea Next Season by 080football(m): 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
hahahahah...men we sef no know oh..admiring the boy..
dicksj93:
Wats up wit dah dude behind moses
Sports / Ny Red Bulls 4 - 2 Chelsea : Mourinho Has Plans For Moses At Chelsea Next Season by 080football(m): 9:52am On Jul 23, 2015
Chelsea were defeated by a rampant New York side who didnt give the visitors chance to settle. Though Remy and Hazard scored, but Moses was very impressive all through the game. This is Mourinho’s thought.

MOURINHO: I am impressed by the quality of football shown by the Red Bulls tonight. It was a good training for us. I prefer games like this to an easy 10-0 win as we continue our preseason. The aim of preseason is for my players to play, to run and bring intensity back. So I have no problem with this defeat. I am impressed by what Moses and Traore did tonight and they are in my plan this coming season.

Moses did all the right things as he ran, tracked back, almost scored an impossible goal, but was denied by the wood work.

For more on this story, Go to http://www.080football.com/mourinho-speaks-after-ny-red-bulls-4-2-chelsea-moses-will-play-at-chelsea-this-season/

Sports / Benteke Is 2nd Most Expensive Liverpool Signing With A £32m Sign On Fee!! by 080football(m): 12:00am On Jul 23, 2015
BREAKING NEWS :

Benteke's £32M move is the 2nd most expensive for a Liverpool signing.See pics http://www.080football.com/breaking-news-liverpool-signs-bentake/

Sports / 5 Things We Learned From San Jose Earthquakes 1-3 Manchester United. by 080football(m): 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
DI MARIA WILL NOT BE MISSED!

Di Maria may end up a PSG player at the end of the month, but Ashley Young is giving Van Gaal a very good reason to sell him. He was all over the place with much energy, skill, defensive contribution and belief. We will pick him over Di Maria from this and previous performances so far.

MEMPHIS HAS A GOOD CHEMISTRY WITH ROONEY

Fast, aggressive and skillful. He probably needs to add a little factor in his game to be world class. He àlso need to know when to assist and when and where to go for goal. He is young and learning. But the good news is, he is forming a formidable partnership with Rooney. United may not need a striker after all

MATA WILL GIVE VAN GAAL A GOOD SELECTION HEADACHE

Mata is soo good it took him half an hour to open his account and that of United at the edge of the box. Van Gaal will have a big headache trying to keep all these good players happy.

FELLAINI MAYBE THE FIRST PLAYER TO EXIT

Van Gaal did not play Fellaini in two of his preseason games so far. He even said it’s due to the suspension Fellaini have, which will see him miss 3 EPL games. Van Gaal said he is playing preseason with the players he wants to start the EPL with. These may lead to Fellaini exit if other players clicks.

UNITED NEED A DEFENDER ASAP

United need to sort out Ramos debacle or better still go all out for Otamendi. Stone is good but United doesn’t have the potential to make Stone great because he won’t have anyone to look up to if he signs. Unlike at Chelsea where Terry and Cahill are better than him.

We know Preseason games are not very important. But they create an impression. United are creating impressive impression so far.

Is it what we will see in the EPL? Time will tell.

Go to www.080football.com for more interesting posts.
Sports / 9 Important Questions Mourinho Needs To Answer Before The New Season Starts!! by 080football(m): 9:10am On Jul 22, 2015
1.Can Chelsea retain the EPL trophy without further or major additions considering the activities at United, City and maybe Arsenal? (10 Marks)

2.With the exit of Petr Cech and the possible exit of Filipe Luis. Are Chelsea stronger or weaker than they were last season? (10 Marks)

3.Can Chelsea go for the Champions league trophy this season considering the fact that 10 man PSG defeated them because they were tired after playing too many games in the EPL? (10 Marks)

4.Can Costa score the same number of goals he scored last season? Please explain your answer (10 Marks)

5.Hazard had a good return because he stayed injury free. Can he make it two seasons without a serious injury?
(10 Marks)

Go to http://www.080football.com/9-questions-mourinho-need-to-answer-before-the-start-of-the-season/ for the remaining questions and conclusion of this matter... This one don dey pass jamb ohh!!!

Sports / Relationship Advice: Marry An Arsenal Fan Not A City, Manu Or Liverpool Suitor!! by 080football(m): 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
RELATIONSHIP ADVICE: MARRY AN ARSENAL FAN IF A LIVERPOOL, CHELSEA, CITY,ARSENAL AND UNITED FAN ARE ALL SEEKING YOUR HAND IN MARRIAGE!!

Our sister, friends, ladies, women and all females need to hear this and take this advice very seriously.

The clubs we support has a long way in showing our temperaments. Chelsea fans can be very impatient as we saw when they lost to Spurs and PSG last season. It took a string of beautiful results to calm their nerves. But we are not here to talk about Chelsea, City, Liverpool or United fans. We want to give you reasons why you should advice your sisters, your daughters to marry an Arsenal fan if the fans of Arsenal and other clubs are seeking for your hand in marriage! Enjoy!!

CONSISTENCY!
An Arsenal fan will not promise you Lamborghini or Ferrari, but he will hustle hard to make sure you don’t trek. You may not live in Maitama, Banana Island, Barnawa or Accra, but he will make sure you have a roof over your head just as Arsenal makes sure they make the top 4. Don’t forget that Van Gaal promised United fans the title only to struggle to comeback home with top 4. Now, imagine a man promising you Bugatti only to comeback home with a Volvo! You are gonna get mad whenever you hear Voooooooom!!!

LOYALTY

Every woman wants loyalty. Someone who will never leave them for another woman no matter how big their belly gets after child birth…or even after cumulatively eating akpu and amala late every night, He will still be there, Smiling at them and loving them like they just met for the first time. Arsenal fans will show you that same loyalty. They didn’t leave their club when Madam Chelsea became more beautiful by undergoing different plastic surgeries.They wont leave you for a more beautiful women!

HE THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST EVEN WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY AREN’T!

Do you know that Giround is better than Aguerro and Costa if you consider the games they all played between October and December? Do you know that Arsenal is the best club in Europe if you consider the games played in 2015 alone? Yes! This is how the average Arsenal fan sees his beautiful club. This is how they will see you when you marry them. Just be good in one of the months of one of the twelve months and you are the best woman in the world for the whole year.

HE FIGHTS TO KEEP YOU. EVEN WHEN YOU WANT ANOTHER MAN.

Remember Fabregas? Nasri? Adabayo? and many more players who left Arsenal. The fans did all they could to keep them even when they openly courted and flirted with other men(clubs). They will do all they can to be with you. Though they wont be very forgiving if you marry their neighbor (Chelsea) or their rival (Manchester United or Manchester City). They are ok if you leave them for a poorer guy (Tottenham and Liverpool) and are even ok if you leave them for a distant billionaire (Barcelona). But don’t leave that distant billionaire to marry Chelsea. They didnt like it when a lady named Fabregas tried it

HE WILL FORGIVE EVERY WRONG YOU DID…IF YOU JUST KISS HIM!

We have seen Arsenal players confess and profess their love for other clubs just like a woman would confess and profess her love for another man (in her heart ooo). But these players do it for everyone to see and when they are kicked out by other men, Arsenal accepts them with little grumbling. Just like they did for Flamini and Henry. All these players did to gain their forgiveness was say how they missed the atmosphere at the Emirates and how they love Arsenal. Do you know what these players also did to regain their lost love? they kissed the club crest, yes the Arsenal crest. Theiry Henry kissed the crest after scoring against Leads United. Flamini knew it would take so many Mikel years for him to score a goal, so he kissed the crest when Chamberline scored. Sharp guy, No time!

YOU ARE MISS WORLD AND MISS UNIVERSE EVEN IF YOU AREN’T!

A man in love sees his wife as the most beautiful woman even when she manages to hide a thing or two about her beauty. He also thinks she has the best character and manners even when she codes it and managers to act not too nicely in front of others. Ask any Arsenal fan which is the best club in Europe this season? he will answer ARSENAL (Barcelona)! Who is the best club in England, He will answer ARSENAL (Chelsea). Who won the world cup? They will still answer ARSENAL (Germany). Who is the best player in the world? They will tell you its Sanchez, though we know its Messi. This is how they see their wife (players).

WHO DOESN’T WANT A HANDSOME MAN WITH A BEAUTIFUL PERSONALITY?

No One!! Just look at how beautiful the club is. From the color of the crest, to everything in-between. Arsenal is beautiful. Now who wouldn’t want a man who is too beautiful to be ordinarily handsome? Every woman dreams of such a man and the answer to such a dream is in every Arsenal fan out there. They are all good looking and intelligent.

Abi na lie?

Go to our page www.080football.com or more interesting and entertaining football posts.
Sports / See What Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Mancity & Manu Will Be Wearing Next Season by 080football(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
With the new season fast approaching. Many fans are eager to see what Kits and colours their favourite teams or arch rivals will be wearing next season. See all of them here http://www.080football.com/check-out-the-new-kits-of-chelsea-arsenal-manchester-united-manchester-city-and-liverpool/

Get ready!!!!!!!

Sports / 5 Things Any Woman Will Surely Gain By Loving Football by 080football(m): 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
5 THINGS A BABE, ASSISTANT BABE, CHIEF BABE, GIRLFRIEND, FIANCE, WIFE, MOTHER, MAMA, AND ANY WOMAN WILL SURELY GAIN BY LOVING FOOTBALL.

1. If your husband or partner loves football, you stand to score some major points if you show interest in the game..in fact if u are curious to understand offside rules, counter attack, parking the bus etc.. you just won yourself at least some 90mins of shared time. You can both enjoy a game and increase your common grounds.

2. If you go the extra step of supporting a club, mehnnnn, your level don increase be that ohh.. Both of you can wave your banners in victory and hide them in defeat. But it is even more fun when you support different teams..it could get heated up sometimes but remember its all about the fun and sharing.

3. Your husband's friends will feel comfortable coming to your house for the game, you wouldn't have to worry about him leaving the house for a crowd feel to watch big games. His friends and hommies can make your house a big stop for games and that adds more to your friendship network and support system. Did i just hear some ladies say.."i don't like the noise they make..".. Anyways, that one na my mind sha...

4. If you have children whether male or even girls these days, you can be their number one supporter if they show early interest in the game. Instead of telling them to "go and read your books" all the time..you can even be their referee in small backyard games or take them to watch matches, register in academies etc..you know the rest.

5. Since women are seriously taking over many areas under the umbrella of equal gender movement and all that.. you will be doing yourself alot of good to know what many men love..you may just be better at analyzing, multi-betting etc..hahaha.... you have all to gain as well..
All in all, just have fun and if football if part of it, happy are you.
Una good morning!!

Go to www.080football.com for more posts
Sports / He Did Not Phisically Have What It Took To Play Football, Today He Is Messi!! by 080football(m): 10:18am On Jul 18, 2015
Messi was not supposed to play football because he lacked the height, the strength and other attributes. But he didn't let his obvious limits get in the way. Enjoy the rest of the story here:

http://www.080football.com/the-story-of-messi-and-how-he-wasnt-supposed-to-be-a-footballer/

Sports / The One -handed Goal Keeper, What An Inspiration!!! by 080football(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2015
Goalie Tyrone usually plays a big hand in his team’s results. Even though he only has one arm his disability doesn’t stop him being a shot-stopper, he’s saved three penalties out of five in one of his games.

He lost his right arm at the age of 12 after getting an electric shock when copper wire he was carrying touched an overhead cable.He initially packed in sport completely.But now he holds down the No 1 slot for his able-bodied Sunday club – and also for Great Britain’s amputee national side.

Tyrone, 38, admitted that at first glimpse opposition forwards regularly underestimate his ability.

He said: “Once they’ve seen me make a few stops they soon realise I’m hard to beat.

“Because I’ve had to focus so hard my mind is always one step ahead. I think my anticipation is twice what it would have been otherwise.“I know they’ll naturally try and stick it down my right hand side, so I edge even closer to the left to encourage them to hit it that way.

“Once they’ve fallen for it, I throw my weight the other way and save the shot. It works like a dream.”

Tyrone deals with crosses and corners by punching them out rather than catching.

He said: “With practice you get very good at anticipating the flight of the ball and getting some real distance on it.”Tyrone, who plays for Aston Stars FC in the Birmingham Southern League, takes a real pride in keeping a clean sheet.

Just like this one handed goalkeeper, you have every plausible reasons to want to quit your dreams when life throws bad things at you.

But you need to find something to hold on to; God, You, a religious verse, a quote from a book, a friend who believes in you. Find something to hold on to.

Remember, your thoughts and attitude is like a box of crayons and the world you want to see is the empty sheet on your hand. You can paint the world you see, or the good one you want to see.

080football says you should colour it with beautiful colours.

What says you? Barka da Salah!

Do share dis post with friends and also visit our page www.080football.com for more inspiring, informative, educative and entertaining football posts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.