Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

0gaGist's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0gaGist's Profile / 0gaGist's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 23 pages)

Crime / Re: Nursing Mother Burns 10-year-old Girl’s Body Over Alleged Witchcraft by 0gaGist: 7:02am On Dec 08, 2019
Lalasticlala
Crime / Nursing Mother Burns 10-year-old Girl’s Body Over Alleged Witchcraft by 0gaGist: 6:59am On Dec 08, 2019
A 10-year-old girl resident in Sandfield Estate, Satellite Town, Lagos, has been rescued from her guardian identified simply as Mrs Anaeme, who tortured her for allegedly being a witch.

The woman had reportedly subjected the little girl, Chidera, to serial assaults with marks of violence visible all over her body.

It was gathered that the torture took the worst dimension recently when Anaeme reportedly used a hot object to inflict injuries on the girl’s back.

Neighbours, who know about her ordeal, were said to have informed the estate chairman and managed to capture a video clip of the injuries.

The case was consequently reported at the Agboju Police Station, leading to Anaeme’s arrest on Wednesday.

There are, however, concerns that the case could be brushed under the carpet as the suspect was released the following day on the grounds that she is nursing a year old child.

The estate Chairman, Donald Ejikeme, said he called the Divisional Police Officer of the station when she found that the woman had been released but he was told that she would be transferred to the Gender Unit of the Lagos State Police Command in Ikeja on Monday.

He said, “Some months ago, I was driving out of the estate in the morning when I saw the little girl, carrying a bucket around. I had to stop and collected the bucket from her. I asked her why she was carrying a bucket when other children were in school. She was mute. I took a second look at her and noticed that she was unkempt and there were bruises all over her body.

“I asked our security man to get her details. I didn’t see her again afterward until a neighbour came to report to me that the girl cries every night because her guardian usually locks her up in the toilet and torture her.

“I asked the neighbour to get video evidence so we can take it up. I then reported the case to the DPO on Wednesday. When I saw the woman walking around the estate on Thursday, I had to call the DPO and he promised that she would be taken to gender unit on Monday.”

Ejikeme said on the day Anaeme was arrested, the police found the girl in a church where the woman took her to for deliverance.

He added, “She said the girl possesses evil spirit. The pastor was arrested. He denied telling the woman that the girl is a witch. He was later released after some elders in the church intervened.”

An executive member of a rights group, Advocate for Children and Vulnerable Persons Network of Nigeria, Mr Osita Osemene, said the group had taken up the matter to ensure that justice is served.

He stated, “The woman should be prosecuted to serve as a deterrent. She claimed that the girl was possessed and burnt her back. Neighbours complained that she beat the girl every day. Even if the girl is her child, she has no right to treat her that way. We are taking up the matter.”

Our correspondent could not reach the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Bala Elkana, on his mobile and he had yet to reply to a text message sent to him.

But a police source at the Agboju Division confirmed the assault on Chidera, adding that there was no attempt to bury the case.

The source said, “The woman was not exonerated. She was only allowed to go home and report back to the station on Monday because she is a nursing mother. The case will be transferred to the Gender Unit in Ikeja on Monday. This is not a case that can be swept under the carpet.

“The suspect said her pastor told her that the girl is possessed. She said she was told that the girl is a witch and would kill her child in five days’ time. The woman put a stone on fire and pressed it on the girl’s body. We have rescued the girl and she is with us.”

http://gistmore.com/nursing-mother-burns-10-year-old-girls-body-over-alleged-witchcraft

Crime / Re: Man Arrested With 300 Wraps Of Cannabis by 0gaGist: 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2019
Lalasticlala
Crime / Man Arrested With 300 Wraps Of Cannabis by 0gaGist: 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
One AIbrahim Aremu has been arrested by the Ogun State Police Command for allegedly being in possession of about 300 wraps of Indian hemp.

He was arrested following information received by the police at Enugada division about his activities as a leader of a cult group terrorising Itun Seriki community, Totoro Abeokuta.

Information further revealed that the suspect is also a ‘big-time’ dealer in illicit drugs and that his cult group always uses his abode as their meeting point from where they plan how to carry out their notorious activities.

http://gistmore.com/man-arrested-with-300-wraps-of-cannabis

Celebrities / Re: Husband Turns Himself Into A Human Chair So His Pregnant Wife Can Sit by 0gaGist: 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2019
Lalasticlala
Celebrities / Husband Turns Himself Into A Human Chair So His Pregnant Wife Can Sit by 0gaGist: 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2019
A husband in China has warmed hearts after he turned himself into a human chair so his heavily pregnant wife could sit on his back while she was waiting to see her doctor at a hospital.

In a video shared online by police and liked by millions of people, the wife is seen struggling to stand with a bulging tummy as she waited outside a consultation room.

A number of people can be seen sitting in the waiting room but none gave up their seat for the woman who was already experiencing numbing legs.

Husband turns himself into a human chair so his pregnant wife can sit

After a while, her husband bends and gestures for her to lean against him. He then passed a water bottle to his wife to quench her thirst.

The video was posted onto Hegang police's official account and it has been liked more than seven million times.

In a post accompanying the video, the police criticised the onlookers who were staring at their phones and wouldn't give up their seats. They said that the clip should be titled "indifference".

http://gistmore.com/husband-turns-himself-into-a-human-chair-so-his-pregnant-wife-can-sit

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Bukola And Toyin Saraki Welcome Their First Grandchild by 0gaGist: 8:12am On Dec 03, 2019
Lalasticlala
Politics / Bukola And Toyin Saraki Welcome Their First Grandchild by 0gaGist: 8:07am On Dec 03, 2019
Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki and his wife Toyin Saraki are in celebratory mood as their daughter Oluwatosin Halima gave birth to their first grandchild on Friday November 29, 2019.

Tosin who got married to Adeniyi Olatunde Olukoya, the son of Omoba Adebola and the late Olori Olatokunbo Olukoya in October 2017, gave birth to a baby girl in a highbrow hospital in London.

It was learnt that her father who is also a former Governor of Kwara State travelled to London on Saturday November 30, to see his granddaughter. Tosin is being assisted in nursing her baby by her mother Toyin, while her father Bukola is providing moral support.

Toyin Saraki who confirmed the arrival of her grandchild on Instagram, wrote;

Down in my heart
I have a Joy
I have a joy that will never end

Deep down my soul
I have a Joy
I have a joy that will never end

Angels are singing
Lord You are worthy
Melody will never end

#sunday #grateful #thankful #joy #joyful #blessed #baby #grandchild #granddaughter #princess #princessbaby #babyprincess #grace #gratefulforhisgrace  #melody #ihaveajoy

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5iCnaTFHbV

http://gistmore.com/bukola-and-toyin-saraki-welcome-their-first-grandchild

Celebrities / Re: Before And Now Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo's Youngest Wife, Olori Ajoke Adeyemi by 0gaGist: 1:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
Lalasticlala
Celebrities / Before And Now Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo's Youngest Wife, Olori Ajoke Adeyemi by 0gaGist: 1:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
Olori Ajoke Adeyemi, one of the wives of the Alaafin of Oyo, has shared a photo of herself as a child.

Queen Ajoke captioned the throwback photo, "Always A BabyGirl."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ZpfFbAvyi/?igshid=f5kd5kkxymjo

Source :: http://gistmore.com/before-and-now-photos-of-alaafin-of-oyos-youngest-wife-olori-ajoke-adeyemi

Celebrities / Re: Linda Ikeji’s Sister, Sandra And Her Husband-To-Be Goes On Vacation In Dubai by 0gaGist: 10:59am On Nov 28, 2019
Lalasticlala
Celebrities / Linda Ikeji’s Sister, Sandra And Her Husband-To-Be Goes On Vacation In Dubai by 0gaGist: 10:58am On Nov 28, 2019
Popular Nigerian blogger, Linda Ikeji’s sister, Sandra, who is into event planning and management goes on vacation with her husband-to-be in Dubai.

The popular event planner and CEO of Blackdove Models is set to walk down the aisle with 250 bridemaids in a few weeks time. Sharing the new picture with her man, she wrote;

Nkwerre gaa mkpọtụ this December! Lagos will turn up in January as I say "I do" @dubai_photographer__ #thesbond
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5QLjr6JFRt

Sandra Ikeji got engaged to her boo in the presence of her friends and family in July 2018.

Source :: http://gistmore.com/linda-ikejis-sister-sandra-and-her-husband-to-be-goes-on-vacation-in-dubai

Celebrities / Re: Actress Wumi Olabimtan Excited As She Graduates From University Of Cumbria by 0gaGist: 10:39am On Nov 28, 2019
More photos

Celebrities / Actress Wumi Olabimtan Excited As She Graduates From University Of Cumbria by 0gaGist: 10:38am On Nov 28, 2019
Nigerian actress Wumi Olabimtan has taken to social media to show off her excitement as she finally graduates from University of Cumbria in London.

Wumi Olavimtan is now a Registered General Nurse, sharing the good news and graduation photos, she wrote;

I congratulate myself as a new RGN All d glory & adoration to the Lord that crowned my effort It's such a bold step to combine family responsibility with career "Actor�Script Writer�A producer�& being a student God made it possible despite all odds Thank you Lord I appreciate my husband�my kids 'Ds'�My brothers & sister�my relatives�Mentors��All my friends & loved ones who stood by me throughout d period�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️It's quite emotional at d moment when i look back & reflect Thanks for your love, encouragement��Thanks to all my fans home & abroad�����This means d world to me����‍♀️Result withheld moment due to higher score was a trial time & being d only African in d whole Dept was highly challenging�It entails self esteem, determination & extra focus to stand tall�‍♀️�‍♀️�ALL GLORY BE TO GOD AS I STAND TALL TODAY TO MAKE YOU PROUD��� IT WORTH IT AT D END WITH EXCELLENT GRADE Now, my suggestion is to aim high�� but be aware that even before you have reached your ultimate professional destination, if you always strive for excellence, you can and should have a substantial impact on the world in which you live & anywhere u find yourself�Today happens to be a fabulous day as another degree added to my portfolio�� Being a student & a working was huge for me, but God is always in the mix it’s been an amazing journey so far Journey started & on to d next huge one�
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5X_FM1npIZ

Source :: http://gistmore.com/actress-wumi-olabimtan-excited-as-she-graduates-from-university-of-cumbria

Crime / Re: Nigerian Businessman Laments After Robbers Invaded His Home And Office Same Day by 0gaGist: 10:22am On Nov 28, 2019
Lalasticlala
Crime / Nigerian Businessman Laments After Robbers Invaded His Home And Office Same Day by 0gaGist: 10:22am On Nov 28, 2019
A Nigerian businessman, Kenechi Anene is counting his loses after suspected robbers invaded his home and office same day and stole all valuables.

Before the criminals left, they smashed the TV sets in all the rooms in his home except one.

Anene who said he contemplated suicide after hearing that another set of robbers had stolen from his office, took to Facebook to share photos of his house after the robbery.

"Yesterday , I was robbed both in my office and at home simultaneously.

The thing that pained me is that after collecting valuables worth N**** the criminals still went ahead and smashed the TVs in all the rooms except for one room.
What did I do to deserve this? Why are we so wicked to each other?
I nearly contemplated suicide when I heard about the one done in the office as well.

1 month to xmas I'm starting life afresh without help"

Source :: http://gistmore.com/nigerian-businessman-laments-after-robbers-invaded-his-home-and-office-same-day

Celebrities / Re: Stephanie Coker Welcomes Her First Child With Her Husband, Olumide Aderinokun by 0gaGist: 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
Lalasticlala
Celebrities / Stephanie Coker Welcomes Her First Child With Her Husband, Olumide Aderinokun by 0gaGist: 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
Media personality and actress, Stephanie Coker has welcomed her first child with her husband Olumide Aderinokun in the United Kingdom.

Recall we reported in August 2019 that the couple who got married on the Greek Island of Mykonos in 2017 were expecting their first child.

Stephanie Coker sparked speculation of welcoming her baby after she shared a short video in which proudly showed off her baby bump.

Cinematographer and fiilmmaker, Kemi Adetiba confirmed that the actress has welcomed her first child via a comment she dropped on the post.

She wrote
"Fiiiiiiiiiiiinally. I can scream from the rooftops. Just bring my boo back safe and sound. That's all I want to know. Love you, my Steph-Steph. You're legit one my favorite people in the world"

Stephanie Coker has also been getting congratulatory messages from her colleagues in the entertainment industry. A big congrats to her.

Source :: http://gistmore.com/stephanie-coker-welcomes-her-first-child-with-her-husband-olumide-aderinokun

Politics / Buhari Receives Bande Tijjani, President Of 74th UN General Assembly In Abuja by 0gaGist: 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2019
President Buhari received the President of the 74th UN General Assembly, Prof. Bande Tijjani during a courtesy visit at the State House, Abuja.

https://twitter.com/NigeriaGov/status/1198957884287180800?s=19

5 Likes 3 Shares

Celebrities / Re: Stella Dimoko Korkus Reveals How Tonto Dikeh Snatched Ini’s Man, She Fires Back by 0gaGist: 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2019
Lalasticlala
Celebrities / Stella Dimoko Korkus Reveals How Tonto Dikeh Snatched Ini’s Man, She Fires Back by 0gaGist: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
Blogger Stella Dimoko Korkus has accused actress Tonto Dikeh of snatching the man of a certain Ini. This she revealed in the heat of a beef between them.

Both of them are currently on social media washing their dirty linen in public after dragging each other in the mud.

”Tonto Dikeh you say I am full of jealousy? Then why did u go behind Ini to snatch and sleep with her boyfriend after you saw how good it was and thought he would give you the money he gave her?You broke that relationship. Isn’t that jealousy? As for bobrisky calling me out on your behalf. How and why should I respond to a man who has cardiac arrest of the blokos and now pretending to be a woman? I don’t know how to respond so I will ignore you Bob the one who is rejected in the gay community for being dirty and stinky down there. ….View all”
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5SdcZ6HGds/?igshid=17p55r19rkxg3

Tonto Dikeh fired back as seen in the screenshot below.

Source :: http://gistmore.com/stella-dimoko-korkus-reveals-how-tonto-dikeh-snatched-inis-man-she-fires-back

Sports / Re: Greenwood Is 3rd Youngest Utd PL Scorer & Youngest Player To Score This Season by 0gaGist: 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2019
Lol
Celebrities / Re: Tacha Shares Picture From Her First Ever Photoshoot At The Age Of 17 by 0gaGist: 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2019
Lalasticlala
Celebrities / Tacha Shares Picture From Her First Ever Photoshoot At The Age Of 17 by 0gaGist: 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
Portharcourt first daughter and Big Brother Naija reality star, Tacha shares picture from her first ever photoshoot at the age of 17 during her 100 level.

She wrote;

FIRST STUDIO PICTURE EVER.
2013 100lvl
17years old
https://twitter.com/Symply_Tacha/status/1198668882904530946?s=19

Source :: http://gistmore.com/tacha-shares-picture-from-her-first-ever-photoshoot-at-the-age-of-17

Crime / Woman Kills Her 2-Day-Old Granddaughter With Insecticide In Ogun by 0gaGist: 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
A 42-year-old woman, Temitope Akinola, has been arrested by operatives of Ogun State police command for allegedly killing her 2-day-old granddaughter. .
Akinola, a resident of Isote area of Shagamu was on November 21, 2019, arrested by detectives of Ogun State command for poisoning her granddaughter, which resulted in the death of the baby. .
“Her arrest followed followed information received by police in Shagamu division after the reported death of the child that the suspect, who has never hidden her hatred for her son-in-law who happened to be the father of the baby was the only person with the child while the baby’s mother went to take her birth, only for her to come back and met the lifeless body of the baby,” spokesman of the command, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said. .
“On interrogation, the suspect admitted killing the baby because she didn’t like her daughter getting married to the father of the deceased baby. .
She confessed further that when she discovered that her daughter was pregnant, she made an attempt to terminate the pregnancy but her pastor warned her not to do so hence she waited for her to deliver before carrying out her devilish intention. .
She explained further that she poisoned the baby with a deadly insecticide known as Sniper. The body of the baby has been deposited at Olabisi Onabanjo teaching hospital mortuary for autopsy, while the suspect has been transferred to homicide section of the state criminal investigation and intelligence department for further investigation and prosecution.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/woman-arrested-for-killing-her-2-day-old-granddaughter-with-insecticide/amp

Celebrities / Re: Actress Regina Chukwu Expreses Joy As Her Children Leaves For University by 0gaGist: 6:15am On Nov 22, 2019
wink
Celebrities / Actress Regina Chukwu Expreses Joy As Her Children Leaves For University by 0gaGist: 6:15am On Nov 22, 2019
Nollywood actress, Regina Chukwu is the happiest mom in the world right now, as her children are set to begin their higher education.
The beautiful woman took to her social media page to note that today, Thursday, November 21, is their matriculation day. According to her, she’s been fending for them since the death of her husband and their father.

Seeing them achieving this huge milestone calls for celebration and she’s eternally grateful to God for her family.

According to her;

Hey kiddos it’s your matriculation today and i cant but thank God for how far he has brought us, I am tearing up as I type this it’s been a heck of a journey so far, I cant even begin to recollect, so I chose to count my blessings from nursery school to Uni only me Haaa! God you are great how I did it/ doing it I can’t even explain it that is to show that my God won’t give you a head you can’t carry � okay these ones are the reasons I can’t buy Myself new cars or live that baby girl life for now the rate they suck money from me is alarming that I just scream into the air sometimes � but you know what? IF I DONT DO IT FOR THEM, WHO WILL? So I dust off and face it each and every time � we have learnt to cut our coats � according to our materials, we have learnt not to allow things around us or social media glitz or what other people are owing be our driving force but to find happiness Nd contentment in what we have and that is how we have come this far with praises Nd thanksgiving���� Dear children don’t forget who you are and don’t lose yourselves chasing what is not... remember what I always tell you, YOU ARE REGINA’s CHILDREN. Don’t forget your source at any given time, be prayerful and hardworking then see God move mountains on your behalf (he promised and I know he won’t fail)
Congratulations @nwaforracheal_ @iamrichard_nw momma is so proud of you both ��� but pls take it easy on me �‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️ people pls thank God on our behalf
P.s how they ended up in same uni, same year is a story for another day ... I was tricked yo!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5IHoUxg3sG

See more; http://gistmore.com/actress-regina-chukwu-expreses-joy-as-her-children-leaves-for-university

Celebrities / Re: Curvy Actress, Destiny Etiko, Slays In Bikini (Photos) by 0gaGist: 6:02am On Nov 22, 2019
smiley
Celebrities / Curvy Actress, Destiny Etiko, Slays In Bikini (Photos) by 0gaGist: 6:02am On Nov 22, 2019
Curvy Nollywood actress, Destiny Etiko shows off her banging body in bikini. Gistmore reports

The actress is seen having a good time in Dubai, Destiny shows how long she can swim at the pool.

See more; http://gistmore.com/curvy-actress-destiny-etiko-slays-in-bikini

1 Like

Crime / Re: Police Arrests Native Doctor Who Burnt 13-year-old Boy's Hands In Nasarawa by 0gaGist: 5:54am On Nov 22, 2019
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 23 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.