Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Who Benefit More In Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Benefit More In Marriage? (3221 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / Does The Child Of A Stay-at- Home Mom Benefit More Than The Child Of A Working M / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Benefit More In Marriage? by greatgod2012(f): 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
Some people are of d opinion that women benefit more in marriage while some argued that it is men that benefit more in marriage, kindly drop your sincere opinon here as to who benefit more in marriage. Thanks.
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by SisiKill1: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2012
Here we go. . . cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by r231(m): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2012
Nobody undecided
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by greatgod2012(f): 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2012
r231: Nobody undecided

i dont agree, one party must surely benefit than d other, pls be sincere.

@sisi kill, pls what do u mean?
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by ronkebp(f): 9:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
The children, all things being equal.
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by r231(m): 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
greatgod2012:

i dont agree, one party must surely benefit than d other, pls be sincere.

@sisi kill, pls what do u mean?

Ok.....it's suppose to be equal
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by greatgod2012(f): 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
r231:

Ok.....it's suppose to be equal

ok, but is it really equal?especially in this part of d world?
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
I think it is the MAN: Most woman do all to make him happy, feed him, and feed him at night too, and a good woman will always wanna see a smile on his face, however, a good man will do that as well, but i think women do it more.
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
Its the women who benefit more

Especially in the West
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
dayokanu: Its the women who benefit more

Especially in the West

Explain how and why now . . .
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
Most women from their childhood have been dreaming of their wedding day and In most cultures getting married is what most females look forward to.

Women have a biological clock after while men dont.

Women gladly flaunt their married status almost everywhere, while a sizable number of men even try to deny or hide their wedding ring.

Thats why the society and family would be worried when a woman of 30 isnt married but not so worried when a man of 35 isn't
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by r231(m): 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Explain how and why now . . .

Cus the cops will through you out and she gets to keep the house, the car and make you pay child support if possible grin grin grin
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
r231:

Cus the cops will through you out and she gets to keep the house, the car and make you pay child support if possible grin grin grin

That is not in Marriage, that is aftermath of the marriage or should i say thru separation/Divorce . . .
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

That is not in Marriage, that is aftermath of the marriage or should i say thru separation/Divorce . . .

In marriage, the woman has the financial support, and security she craves outside marriage she continues to get the same and the man is made to pay to keep her at a certain level of comfort

The man in most cases loses out on his freedom and also financially
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2012
dayokanu:

In marriage, the woman has the financial support, and security she craves outside marriage she continues to get the same and the man is made to pay to keep her at a certain level of comfort
The man in most cases loses out on his freedom and also financially

Haba . . . The woman lost her freedom as well, not all women got the financial support from the man, some are self made as well, so that is not good enuf and in normal setting, it is the woman and the man that brings the money together . . .
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Haba . . . The woman lost her freedom as well, not all women got the financial support from the man, some are self made as well, so that is not good enuf and in normal setting, it is the woman and the man that brings the money together . . .

Look on the average Women desire marriage more than men. You would see a lot of guys who are getting older and not even thinking of marriage

But a woman at a certain age, Marriage is the only thing on her mind. Check on NL, How many women have come to open I need a husband thread vs Men who have done same.

Go to churches, All the "You must get married night" are filled with women.

Some women have money, but in majority of relationships the man is the main earner. Thats why the term bread winner is usually associated with men
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
^^^ I feel you, but i still dont agree that the woman is the one that enjoy the marriage more, all cos of money, security and the rest, a man as well in marriage enjoys some status than the one that is not married.
Yes, most men will not come around and be desperate for a woman, but you have no idea how much prayers and tears being shed by his mother once he crosses 40 years and yet still not married.
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by r231(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Says who undecided

Well around here they through you out for the woman o....
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
^^ You even said it, Its the mother shedding tears on his behalf not even the guy. Do you think a girl wont care that she is unmarried.

Most of the things most men enjoy, they drop in marriage. E.g hanging out with friends, Going out, Making noise watching football, flirting, drinking etc

Being a single man hardly makes a difference. You know Dimeji Bankole became Speaker as a single man. Gowon became President as a single guy, and President Buchanan of the US was never married
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
r231:

Says who undecided

Well around here they through you out for the woman o....

Chief, Marriage is the union and the woman will only call the cops on you when you have done her wrong or she does not want you anymore ( To me that is not marriage time, that is the darkest hour of the marriage) thus my saying not in marriage . . she might do it and her eyes clear oh, but at the time while she is doing it, i dont count that time as marriage time
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by r231(m): 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Chief, Marriage is the union and the woman will only call the cops on you when you have done her wrong or she does not want you anymore ( To me that is not marriage time, that is the darkest hour of the marriage) thus my saying not in marriage . . she might do it and her eyes clear oh, but at the time while she is doing it, i dont count that time as marriage time

Lol

Yea you are right
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ You even said it, Its the mother shedding tears on his behalf not even the guy. Do you think a girl wont care that she is unmarried.

Most of the things most men enjoy, they drop in marriage. E.g hanging out with friends, Going out, Making noise watching football, flirting, drinking etc

Being a single man hardly makes a difference. You know Dimeji Bankole became Speaker as a single man. Gowon became President as a single guy, and President Buchanan of the US was never married

Chief, there is nothing that a man is missing if he is married to the "right" woman, you think women too want her space clouded? the real woman will be the one to even pay your bills to go and hang out with the boyz, except when she knows you run some extra curriculum escapades . . . Yes, some men are leaders and single, while the great ones are not, except "few"
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 10:42pm On Jul 25, 2012
r231:
Lol
Yea you are right

Only a woman would the man beat up and yet still sleep with her at night, only a woman will be so tired and yet the man wanna eat poundo yam and the woman will crawl out of bed and still please the man . . . We, Men needs to really appreciate our African sisters, the good ones oh, cos some are curses to the man
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by r231(m): 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Only a woman would the man beat up and yet still sleep with her at night, only a woman will be so tired and yet the man wanna eat poundo yam and the woman will crawl out of bed and still please the man . . . We, Men needs to really appreciate our African sisters, the good ones oh, [b]cos some are curses to the man[/b]

Gbam
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Only a woman would the man beat up and yet still sleep with her at night, only a woman will be so tired and yet the man wanna eat poundo yam and the woman will crawl out of bed and still please the man . . . We, Men needs to really appreciate our African sisters, the good ones oh, cos some are curses to the man

Only a woman would bring nothing to a marriage and expect to leave with million belonging to the man

only a woman would argue she expects to be compensated for doing what she longed for all her life.

Only a woman would have little qualification and expect to live a big life.

Ask most guys that how can you drive a BMW, they would say if I make money,

While some womens answer would be if I marry a rich guy
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 10:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Only a woman would bring nothing to a marriage and expect to leave with million belonging to the man ;only a woman would argue she expects to be compensated for doing what she longed for all her life.; Only a woman would have little qualification and expect to live a big life.

I am not sure the kinda women you are referring to, while some women are lazy like some men, there are well achieving ladies out there as well, that are not in marriage for what they can grab but for love and when the love turns sour, you dont expect them to walk away with nothing. . . There are some women that the man even move into the lady's house after the wedding, cos it is not about what he has and what she has, it is about what "They" have.
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by r231(m): 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Only a woman would bring nothing to a marriage and expect to leave with million belonging to the man

only a woman would argue she expects to be compensated for doing what she longed for all her life.

Another good point
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Not only a woman longed to be married, many men wanna be married too . . . and there is nothing wrong with those that dont wanna be married, it is an individual choice . . . but i dont agree that it is only a woman wanted it.
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by r231(m): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Not only a woman longed to be married, many men wanna be married too . . . and there is nothing wrong with those that dont wanna be married, it is an individual choice . . . but i dont agree that it is only a woman wanted it.

What is the ratio

1/100
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:
I am not sure the kinda women you are referring to, while some women are lazy like some men
, there are well achieving ladies out there as well, that are not in marriage for what they can grab but for love and when the love turns sour, you dont expect them to walk away with nothing. . . .There are some women that the man even move into the lady's house after the wedding, cos it is not about what he has and what she has, it is about what "They" have

@The bold,

if you are in it for love, Why do you expect to walk away with something that doesnt belong to you? Is love supposed to be a financial rewards program?

You only walk away with what you bring in or contribute You dont walk away with something just because you married the person
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
dayokanu:

A man should never settle for lesser than what will make him happy, if the man knows he MUST marry a woman with Ph.D degree, then, dont settle for less, however, i dont know where you get the statics from, there are more female in school now than male . . .
Also, big life has nothing to do with your qualification, it is more to do with what your hand find to do and doing it well and you are blessed.
Lots of professionals are with no jobs and cant afford much, know a Tailor in Canada that drives a Lexus LX Model
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Thats why I ask you, How many men would go and meet their Pastor that they want to get married. How many men would open threads about wanting to get married.

Many men are comfortable with Just being live in lovers its the women that sing the "Put on ring on it" song

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Married But Not Happy Anymore. / Can An Open Marriage Ever Work In The Real World? / Have You Ever Been Embarassed By Your Child In Public? Please Share!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.