Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,534 members, 7,837,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Who Benefit More In Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Benefit More In Marriage? (3227 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / Does The Child Of A Stay-at- Home Mom Benefit More Than The Child Of A Working M / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by SisiKill1: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2012
chaircover: Dont mind dayo oooo! emi ni oomo buruku yen ba wi. Yes Mr CC is buying that X5 whether he/you or anyone else likes it or not cool grin

Besides with all those qualities that he has mentioned that he is looking for in a wife, isnt it clear that he will be the one enjoying the marriage. No one has thought to ask him what he (dayo) is bringing to the marriage lipsrsealed All I can see him and sagalulu bringing to any marriage is big big grammer and arguing skills to drive the poor woman mad. Never seen 2 men that can argue like this before in my life cool

Back to the question - the person; be it husband or wife that enjoys the marriage most is the one that married the right partner for the right reasons end of.

Hahahaha! Yep!! As long as Uncle CC is not complaining (even then sef cheesy) we are still getting our official Cabal Mobile. cool
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
chaircover: Dont mind dayo oooo! emi ni oomo buruku yen ba wi. Yes Mr CC is buying that X5 whether he/you or anyone else likes it or not cool grin

Besides with all those qualities that he has mentioned that he is looking for in a wife, isnt it clear that he will be the one enjoying the marriage. No one has thought to ask him what he (dayo) is bringing to the marriage lipsrsealed All I can see him and sagalulu bringing to any marriage is big big grammer and arguing skills to drive the poor woman mad. Never seen 2 men that can argue like this before in my life cool

Back to the question - the person; be it husband or wife that enjoys the marriage most is the one that married the right partner for the right reasons end of.

Madam, kilode ti e nbe now? Slip of fingers ni X5 yen grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
Dunno, I need to phone a friend
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

From what i have read so far from your contribution, you are probably residing in Western world and married, but never worked out and the woman left with half of the household value or you are not married yet, and probably not into business at all, cos if you are married and in business, you would agree with me that no matter how smart as a man you are, when the home front is not well, your business will suffer and no amount of money could reward the value of a "good" woman in the house.

What doesnt make sense simply doesnt make sense.

Ok let me flip it and ask you

If fhemmy marry a Girl say Tosin

Tosin is a graduate and she rose at her job to become the Chief medical Director at LUTH, The executive Director at Zenith bank, or the Chief Judge in Abuja

In case of a breakup, Does Fhemmy have a right to what she has accumulated from her career and If Fhemmy does what is the reason?

Or if Dayo marries Chimamanda Adichie, Are you saying I have a right to the royalties she gets from her publications?

Women would defend anything as long as it favours them since human being are naturally selfish. The second scenario was played out in a tyler Perry movie "Why did I get married too" when Janet jacksons husband who was an Architect demanded Payment from the proceeds of the book she wrote, She was livid and called him Greedy and selfish which I agree with, But If it was the woman taking like it happens in most cases, Janet jackson would have lauded the Woman for taking what was her right.

And you have not answered me, Was it the Home front that turned Zukerberg into a billionaire?, Was it the home front that turned Bill Gates into a billionaire? Was it the home front that turned Bankole into a Speaker, or was it the Home front that made Gowon president?
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
dayokanu:

What doesnt make sense simply doesnt make sense.

Ok let me flip it and ask you

If fhemmy marry a Girl say Tosin

Tosin is a graduate and she rose at her job to become the Chief medical Director at LUTH, The executive Director at Zenith bank, or the Choef Judge in Abuja

In case of a breakup, Does Fhemmy have a right to what she has accumulated from her career and If Fhemmy does what is the reason?

Or if Dayo marries Chimamanda Adichie, Are you saying I have a right to the royalties she gets from her publications?

Women would defend anything as long as it favours them since human being are naturally selfish. The second scenario was played out in a tyler Perry movie "Why did I get married too" when Janet jacksons husband who was an Architect demanded Payment from the proceeds of the book she wrote, She was livid and called him Greedy and selfish which I agree with, But If it was the woman taking like it happens in most cases, Janet jackson would have lauded the Woman for taking what was her right.

And you have not answered me, Was it the Home front that turned Zukerberg into a billionaire?, Was it the home front that turned Bill Gates into a billionaire? Was it the home front that turned Bankole into a Speaker, or was it the Home front that made Gowon president?

Dayo, Bankole was married albeit with no kids before becoming Speaker
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
dayokanu:

In a normal setting, if Tosin was making more money than Fhemmmy and made Fhemmmy to get used to some kinda lifestyle, when they break up, Fhemmmy will ask for spousal support and he will be awardrd . . . However, let us bring this home, as my own Fhemmmy, since i am not lazy, i will be aiight without her money, but if na Halle berry lipsrsealed
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2012
dayokanu:

I will advice that someone like you make sure you sign a Prenuptial before you marry oh, or should i just pray you dont divorce, cos all these you saying might come back to bite you in the rear
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2012
greatgod2012:
@ dayokanu, thanks 4 d qualities u stated, but its like u're not being sincere with ur previous responses, because, with d qualities u stated, who told u dt its not their hubby dt benefit more in their marriages?
1st, in whose name do u just address them?is it not in their hubby name, dont they have their maiden name,or have u seen man changing his surname to his wife's name?
2ndly, who is acclaimed d head in d marriage, even when its d woman that is d sole provider in d house can she be reffered to as d head?
3rdly, who bring forth d children and create time 4 them most, and in whose name do the children addressed?
D list can go on and on, but let me stop here, i just want u to do something, be sincere wth dis question. Thanks.

The question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

The qualities I want in a woman is different from who benefits more from a marriage. Its like saying who benefits more from a business and Why do you want to work in XYZ company? they are two different questions.

We can also ask who desires marriage more? Obviously women.

In the world Men are measured by their success business and financially, Women care largely more about their looks.

Knowing that women depreciate in the looks department after age 40, Women desire to get hitched before they start declining

A 70yr old Fatai rolling Dollar, Larry King, Obasanjo is still seen as attractive and gets women because he achieved succes in his "business". Lets see how a 60-70yr old woman would fare in Nigeria
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2012

Mrs Chaircover, Sorry for the X5, Lets change it to range Rover Evoque so you can be more comfortable.

The prayer everyone prays in Life is to eat from the work of your hand. Anyone who believes otherwise is dubious.

im sure parents teach their kids to buy only things they can afford, You know anyone in Ibadan desiring what you cant afford is called an "Olojukokoro".

regarding what i bring into the marriage. LOL. I am the best person you can get. 1. I am very intelligent Smarter than 80% of people in the world.

I have extremely good genes, the type you would want your offspring to inherit.

I cant marry a woman who is not smart because my kids would have a 50% chance of taking her genes. So God Forbid bad thing.

I care for my genes and for my offsprings, So in their interest I must marry a very smart woman. Intelligence is what matters most to me, See what president barack Obama advised us men below

Barack Obama had some advice for the single men of America today - seek out a woman with good genes, and then marry her.

'For the gentlemen out there who are not yet married, let me just explain to you: Your goal is to improve your gene pool by marrying somebody who is superior to you.' The crowd laughed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2136470/Obamas-advice-single-men-You-goal-improve-gene-pool-marrying-somebody-superior-you.html#ixzz21pzN9Yxi

Do you think Obama was daft when he went to marry a Harvard graduate? Who was a top earner at a Law firm.
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
dayokanu:

The question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

The qualities I want in a woman is different from who benefits more from a marriage. Its like saying who benefits more from a business and Why do you want to work in XYZ company? they are two different questions.

We can also ask who desires marriage more? Obviously women.

In the world Men are measured by their success business and financially, Women care largely more about their looks.

Knowing that women depreciate in the looks department after age 40, Women desire to get hitched before they start declining

A 70yr old Fatai rolling Dollar, Larry King, Obasanjo is still seen as attractive and gets women because he achieved succes in his "business". Lets see how a 60-70yr old woman would fare in Nigeria

Not if the exploits of Stella Obasanjo and Florence Ita-Giwa are anything to go by grin
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:
In a normal setting, if Tosin was making more money than Fhemmmy and made Fhemmmy to get used to some kinda lifestyle, when they break up, Fhemmmy will ask for spousal support and he will be awardrd
. . . However, let us bring this home, as my own Fhemmmy, since i am not lazy, i will be aiight without her money,X

So basically you are saying its the lazy spouse that goes after the partners money? Now we are making progress cheesy
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I will advice that someone like you make sure you sign a Prenuptial before you marry oh, or should i just pray you dont divorce, cos all these you saying might come back to bite you in the rear

Pre-nup is one way, Another way is to marry a top career earner too who is doing well in her profession. That was why I used beyonce, Hilary, Michelle Obama types not the Sikiratu Sindodo and the I never chop that are looking for a man to leech on

I bet Obama didnt need to sign a pre-nup
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
dayokanu:

So basically you are saying its the lazy spouse that goes after the partners money? Now we are making progress cheesy
Hahahaha . . . You are good at that one . . . Not really, but for someone like moi, and read the last part of my statement.
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Pre-nup is one way, Another way is to marry a top career earner too who is doing well in her profession. That was why I used beyonce, Hilary, Michelle Obama types not the Sikiratu Sindodo and the I never chop that are looking for a man to leech on

I bet Obama didnt need to sign a pre-nup

No matter who you marry, once there is a break up, all that was made and achieved while married will be divided without Prenup
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

In a normal setting, if Tosin was making more money than Fhemmmy and made Fhemmmy to get used to some kinda lifestyle, when they break up, Fhemmmy will ask for spousal support and he will be awardrd . . . However, let us bring this home, as my own Fhemmmy, since i am not lazy, i will be aiight without her money, but if na Halle berry lipsrsealed

Definitely Spousal Support is granted by Law but that doesnt make the law right.

At some time, there were laws that made sure Black people stand up for whites in buses, there were laws that made all twins to be killed, There were laws that prohibited women from voting, working or even speaking in public.

Are you saying these laws too were right in those times?

Currently the law in some part of nigeria is to stone a woman who commits adultery or cut the hand of a thief. Are you saying since they are laws, they are right?
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Definitely Spousal Support is granted by Law but that doesnt make the law right.

This one aint going nowhere anytime soon . . . Cos it does make sense to me and i think it is fair.
I guess you support how the man in Nigeria will just chase the woman out with the kids and "Marry" another woman, the woman now become the responsibility of who? her parents/Another man.
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

No matter who you marry, once there is a break up, all that was made and achieved while married will be divided without Prenup

Even without pre-nups, There are some people who would forgo the other partners money like you said you would.

I hve enough intellect to make enough money to take care of myself for life and anything I cant afford on my own sweat, I dont deserve it. I would only marry a woman with the same mentality and not a G-Digger who wants to live a lifestyle they didnt work for
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

This one aint going nowhere anytime soon . . . Cos it does make sense to me and i think it is fair.
I guess you support how the man in Nigeria will just chase the woman out with the kids and "Marry" another woman, the woman now become the responsibility of who? her parents/Another man.

I am sure during those times too, Many people would have said it makes sense for blacks to stand up for whites or for women to be disenfranchised.

If a man chases a woman out of the house, Did he chase her out of her bank account too? Why cant she live on her own income. Are you telling me the woman is paralysed and brain dead that she cant work for herself to earn what she would eat?

I am in support of child support since they are minors, But not spousal support
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Even without pre-nups, There are some people who would forgo the other partners money like you said you would.

I hve enough intellect to make enough money to take care of myself for life and anything I cant afford on my own sweat, I dont deserve it. I would only marry a woman with the same mentality and not a G-Digger who wants to live a lifestyle they didnt work for

fair
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
dayokanu:

I am sure during those times too, Many people would have said it makes sense for blacks to stand up for whites or for women to be disenfranchised.

If a man chases a woman out of the house, Did he chase her out of her bank account too? Why cant she live on her own income. Are you telling me the woman is paralysed and brain dead that she cant work for herself to earn what she would eat?

I am in support of child support since they are minors, But not spousal support

A woman is entitled to half of whatever the household made while they were together, so is the man.
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2012
chaircover:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Benefit More In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
Lol, Sagalulu, that's a new one. grin
I believe both of us should benefit from the marriage. cool My husband and I would be one. cool Marriage is about needing each other.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Most Important Things To Know About Your Spouse Before Marriage / You Have Reason To Be Happy This Christmas, Please Come In / Property Dispute. Experienced Person Or Lawyers Please Advise Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.