Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Photoshop Or Coreldraw - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Photoshop Or Coreldraw (3619 Views)

If You Want To Learn Photoshop Or Corel Draw Please Indicate. / Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw / Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ozaro(m): 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
Pls guys, I'm just entering the creative world of graphic designs... But i'm having issues on which software to choose....which do you guys think is better photoshop or coreldraw Thanks in advance
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 26, 2012
Start with Photoshop and stick to Adobe softwares.
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ugo2u(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2012
Never allow anyone to tell you what software to use. Find out what you want and learn it. but have this in mind most printers in 9ja use corel format for their printing. and Photoshop is the standard for photoediting. but test drive the softwares and find that you are comfortable with.
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
ozaro: Pls guys, I'm just entering the creative world of graphic designs... But i'm having issues on which software to choose....which do you guys think is better photoshop or coreldraw Thanks in advance

Disregard my post, and follow UGO2_U's advice. He's the boss-I'm only a rookie who knows a lil' Photoshop and even less Flash.
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ugo2u(m): 12:05am On Jul 27, 2012
1supremo:

Disregard my post, and follow UGO2_U's advice. He's the boss-I'm only a rookie who knows a lil' Photoshop and even less Flash.
Didn't mean to step on you, just wanted the guy to have an open mind. We all learn everyday.
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by MrNigeria2(m): 1:55am On Jul 27, 2012
...sorry peeps, I have got a question bothering me, please I just learnt to design print ready materials using Photoshop but I heard that most printers use corel format for printing. please how do I move my psd designs to core draw without losing any Photoshop effects in core draw? thanks peeps
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ugo2u(m): 9:40am On Jul 27, 2012
MrNigeria.:
...sorry peeps, I have got a question bothering me, please I just learnt to design print ready materials using Photoshop but I heard that most printers use corel format for printing. please how do I move my psd designs to core draw without losing any Photoshop effects in core draw? thanks peeps

solution 1: Save your final job as PDF and proceed to import it to Corel draw

Solution 2: Save as PNG and proceed to import to Corel Draw

Solution 3: Save as Tiff (big file size not recommended)

The PDF option is usually the best route to take but I use option 2 the most. Just make sure you set your color space to CMYK before you start your work or you can use RGB and pray for the best.

1 Like

Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by MrNigeria2(m): 11:10am On Jul 27, 2012
....thanks brother, I will try it and give you feed back
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by MrNigeria2(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
I just tried it but I got import error , ...the file is corrupted. ..why is that so?
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ozaro(m): 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
Thanks for the advice guys.... I decided to go for photoshop for now.....i'll keep u updated
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ugo2u(m): 12:53am On Jul 29, 2012
save as PNG
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ebefemonis(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2012
IF U LIKE IT OR NOT, I AGREE WITH THIS COMMENT;

"
Never allow anyone to tell you what software to use. Find out what you want and learn it. but have this in mind most printers in 9ja use corel format for their printing. and Photoshop is the standard for photoediting. but test drive the softwares and find that you are comfortable with. "

GO FOR GOAL...IT UR CHOICE ANYWAY...
NA LATTER U WILL KNOW THAT COREL IS FOR ADVANCE PEOPLE THE COMMERCIAL TERMS, PHOTOSHOP IS MASTERLY FOR BACKGROUNDS AND IMAGES AND ALL OTHER.

Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ebefemonis(m): 9:25am On Aug 01, 2012
I SUE COREL DRAW 100% FOR SURE...SO GET ME RIGHT AND THINK NORMAL ON WHAT U ARE ABOUT TO CHOSE...K
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ozaro(m): 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
k.... Thanks ppl
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ozaro(m): 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
I believe its a step by step thing.....i'm sure i'll figure out which one i'm more confident with at some point
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by PeeBee: 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2012
@op they both have their advantages, Coreldraw is better for text IMO compared to the bitmap-based photoshop but photoshop rules in background designs and photo-editing (again IMO). As earlier advised, learn both and see what works for you...for me its both.
Re: Photoshop Or Coreldraw by ozaro(m): 7:14am On Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for that

(1) (Reply)

Request For Raw Graphic Design (.cdr, .psd, .eps,) Etc / Using Autocad / A Nairalander's Drawing (episode 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.