Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! (3458 Views)

APC Chief Opens Up On The Fight Between President Buhari And Atiku / Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / What Is Going On In This Pic B/w OBJ And Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by GL(f): 12:19am On Apr 09, 2006
I do not support the third term agenda because I believe others should have the opportunity to be at the helms of affairs of this country, plus, no one is indispensable.

However, I really don't want Atiku to be president. Though he seems to be the only one
of those who've gone public with their 2007 ambitions that's worth considering. Probably because he took the backseat thru'out his vice-presidency to OBJ, I just don't see him as the man-in-charge. To me, he looks like a businessman and maybe a politician, but I think President might be taking it too far. Well, that's just my opinion.

Plus, I think we need to start looking for ppl with track records now. It's not enough that a man is soft spoken, handsome, popular, wealthy, an activist, or says God told him to do it. We need to look for ppl who've shown they have what it takes to lead a large group. During the last elections, every Tom, Dick and Harry wanted to contest. No matter how much rigging might have gone on, I'm almost certain the true results couldn't have been much different. There's no way Gani or Pastor Okotie could have made much difference.

I don't want IBB or Buhari either. I think Kalu and Yerima don't have enough clout to win no matter how free and fair the election is.
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by Danmasani(m): 4:40am On Apr 09, 2006
To show how desperate the Obasanjo dictatorship has become, he organised area boys under the guise of "PDP protester" against Atiku. These guys were not stopped by the police, not asked for a permit and even got access into the airport in molue- an act banned by the airport authorities.

This simply all shows the hand of the President in this show of shame. Is this his way of getting back at the V.P? If it is, it's stupid and hypocritical. To pay 1000naira in broad daylight to street urchins to cast your Deputy in bad light for criticizing you shows how low the President is.

What will Fani-Kayode now say to this? I await the unsavoury words from his fouled mouth. He should however remember Tom Ikimi during the Sani Abacha days and have the humility to be ashamed of what he has pulled so far!
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by Danmasani(m): 4:42am On Apr 09, 2006
Some officials of the PDP, who were busy compiling the names of the demonstrators while the protest lasted, were seen by journalists distributing N1,000 to each of the demonstrators before they all left the airport.

Who is now foiling instability?
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by Zahymaka(m): 5:02am On Apr 09, 2006
That's Nigeria for you. For the right people to get in, they must be skilled at using free and fair means to beat the current "gang".

I also think that we're actually controlled by the Western world. I do not doubt that if someone that won't effect policies favourable to them would be "handled" if he showed promise of getting in.
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by demmy(m): 6:52am On Apr 09, 2006
I don't normally take sides in fights between Nigerian politicians-- they can all choke to death for all I care-- but in this Atiku is sounding more and more credible day in day out while Obasanjo is morphing himself into another Abacha intolerant of any oppositions. Obasanjo has failed glaringly to consolidate democracy in Nigeria to the extent it should be unlikely to break down. After 8 years we are still not sure. This is a failure.
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by Greatpeter(m): 10:20am On Apr 09, 2006
Atiku risks expulsion.
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 09, 2006
He said it himself that what he's going to face wouldnt be worse than what he's been facing in the last three years. Much of what he's saying sounds credible but the way he's going about it is very questionable. His fight against the third term is obviously because he has his own plans towards 2007.
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by Zahymaka(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2006
I like to explore bizarre theories. What if there actually is no love lost between Atiku and Baba -- and this is just a ploy to endear Atiku to the masses?
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by vanunu: 11:54am On Apr 09, 2006
Away with the Old guards.
Nigerians are short-sighted and often times, allow things to go so bad. They are cowards, opportunists and tribal maniacs. In the first place, they should not have allowed Obasanjo and Atiku, to occupy their present position , these people are functional illiterates and very corrupt. They came to power true massive rigging of election, against the will of the Nigerian people.

Nigeria will never be a better country, six years ago Arthur Nzeribe listed 15 impeachable offences that Obasanjo committed, even though the offences were real, people from the south west called for the head of Nzeribe. Today, people can see that Obasanjo and Atiku are not only extremely corrupt, but they are also a disgrace to Nigeria and the black man in general.

Obj , Atiku and IBB have no regard for the country, all they are after is what they will grab from Nigeria, their lust for power knows no limit, and their greed and quest for material acquisition is unimaginable. They are they Ahabs of Nigeria.

Pull down the dictator.
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by Oracle(m): 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2006
Whatever they're doing abeg they should see our country

Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by Rottweiler(m): 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2006
We can laugh over this happenings but for those that have discerning minds, things like this (desperation to hang on to power and desperation to become president) could lead to crisis that can engulf a nation.

The problems that eventually led to the civil war in Nigeria began in the southwest (Awo vs Akintola) before the military seized power. That opened the way for counter coups,

We should pray for our nation. What else can ordinary citizens do?
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by AOsGrl: 8:16pm On Apr 10, 2006
Is there no specific criteria or specific language with respect to what offenses would lead to the expulsion of an "ELECTED" (please note Elected is in quotes) official in the absence of any criminal activity.

Anywho when people where saying the Anti Corruption Efforts of the EFCC were primarily directed at the Anti 3rd term proponents (Yes even Alam Goat), people said it couldn't be.

I swear Fani Kayode and that Nweke guy are really beginning to sound like Chemical Ali in the days prior to the invasion of Iraq.
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by Odeku(m): 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2006
Solution to the problem, get rid of all old politician in Nigeria and we will be fruitful, all this old politicians are crook, and they only have their selfish interest in mind
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by toshmann(m): 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2006
Odeku:

Solution to the problem, get rid of all old politician in Nigeria and we will be fruitful, all this old politicians are crook, and they only have their selfish interest in mind

who will do that for us? it will take war, and/or enough bloodshed to do this. so let us be more practical with suggestions, you never know who is reading these messages,it may help somebody somewhere to take decisions that can favor the country.

i suggest we start by joining forces with the anti 3rd term fighters. then see what we can do to get men of intergrity into the legislature. and possibly avoid rigging, then democracy all the way,
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2006
Avoid rigging?
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by DAMMYGLOW(f): 10:43am On Apr 15, 2006
the fight is good for our democracy

i mean who does the president thinks he is
the old fool has no integrity

If Obasanjo can provide every nigerian with three square meals a day
i will support the third term.

If anyone reading knows this man (obasanjo) in person, please tell him to leave aso rock honourably.

he lost his wife ruling Nigerian, some people will be happy for their tenure to expire so they can go home and reflect on their life.

but he is holding on

maybe he wants to die there.
Re: Open Fight Between Obasanjo And Atiku: Bad For Third Term! by bolex(m): 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2006
What we need in Nigeria is to kill all politicians , I mean all ,

grin grin grin grin

Sorry , All politicians should step their greedy heads down

Then we recruit fresh graduates who have motives to take Nigeria to greater heights

The only people we have in the House of Senate are old grand-pas that should be reading bed time stories for their children

& If person stand up there to talk , Na only Jazz fit save , Unless God intervenes

I mean , pleeeeaaasseeeee, Y'all , none of them is responsible enough to me to wanna take Naija to any height

Na only God fit save Naija , No other soul can

ONLY GOD

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo (Nigeria) Vs Jacob Zuma (South Africa) / How Osisikankwu Was Killed – Goc 82 Div ! / Police Widows Protesting Non-payment Of Benefits of Late Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.