Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning (19903 Views)

See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area / My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers / True Life Story: My Ordeal With An Alien/Demon/Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by mau1: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2012
This same thing happened to me along Liverpool rd,apapa. I was patiently waiting for a bus when I saw the taxi and flaged it. Immediately i stopped it I realize I was the only female so I prayed. To cut the story short, I opened the door and walked out.mthe driver fled off immediately.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
Mehn,great things abound.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by purpinkx(m): 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
Super1759: please mind your words.wasn't silly either.if am silly.I would have fallen for them

I feel u (lyk Jamb form) bro ... Those saying N100 dnt knw it z eqivalent to 10mb ... Chei cheesygrin Wetin u 4 take browse today

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by manalejo(m): 1:10am On Jul 27, 2012
Men! Same story and it happened in almost every nood and crannies of Nigeria. Men, this country is gone.

It also happened to me about three years ago. I boarded a cab from Sango - Ota going to Idiroko, it was the same old story of Alhaji and dollars and spiritualist. I never opened my mouth nor contribute to all they said, instead I picked my phone and try to call a brother of mine who was a policeman, asking him whether he is at the station or not, the car just packed and asked me to get down, and when i did it sped off as if someone was chasing them.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by creationxt(m): 6:52am On Jul 27, 2012
Thank God your weren't hurt. Jesus delivered you
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Super1759: 10:28am On Jul 27, 2012
purpinkx:
I feel u (lyk Jamb form) bro ... Those saying N100 dnt knw it z eqivalent to 10mb ... Chei cheesygrin Wetin u 4 take browse today
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin no mind them.how 419ners go chop ma money.i for even collect there own sef
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by shanicemel(f): 11:16am On Jul 27, 2012
super1759 l thank God for u, l lgbo kwenu!! igbo no dey slack at all
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by gReenmAn(m): 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
Believe it or not, some of these guys also use diobolical means to achieve their aims!
Being street-wise is of no value when you encounter these set of dupes.

Some years back at Iyana Ipaja bus stop, a very close person was approached by a man who asked for directions to a particular church.
She intuitively became suspicious of the man, coupled with the fact that she was sure no such church existed in that area. As she made to move away without responding to the man, a lady, who appeared to be a by stander, suddenly intervened and implored her to please help the man. Her mistake was to pay attention to the lady, because that was the last coherent statement she heard for the next few hours!
She only remembered being sheepishly led to a car (with a waiting driver) by the man and the strange lady and she taking them to her house in Abesan Estate!
At her house, they collected all the money she had, collected all her best clothes and still had the effontry to ask if she had any clothes remaining at the dry cleaners! shocked
They eventually took her all the way back to Iyana Ipaja, dropped her off at the bus stop where they first picked her from and zoomed off.
It was only then that she came back to her senses undecided
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by malaria(f): 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
Super1759: This actually happened to me this morning on my way to work. I got to Anthony oke to board a bus or taxi going to obalende.

An ash nissan pulled up to me and picked me up.Normally it was supposed to be 300 at the park,but we were just 2.myself and a shabby looking old man then a woman in front.

The driver collected N100 from me and we moved. Along the line,the driver started shouting at the shabby guy,that he must confess if not he would be taken to the park and be beaten.lol.

The driver started explaining to me and the lady that he picked the man and some ladies that carried baskets of tomato. That when the ladies dropped,he noticed the man had a huge amount of money. sensing it must be from the ladies o..He started shouting at the man, suddenly the shabby man said he will confess,that he is a servant boy to one alhaji that the alhaji had stroke last night and died so all the boys were looting stuffs den he made away with the supposedly 1.5million dollars in the trunk o...Omen as I hear am my ear stand o!

Then the driver started asking me what I do for a living, I told him I am a student doing I.T in obalende(that was a lie). He asked the woman,the woman said she is into business. It was then my head started beeping that "I don enter bad belle cab". I tried not to show how frightened I have become because two things came to my mind : either I would be used for rituals or they would end up collecting my bb torch and the N750 I had on me(imagine just today I didn't want togo to work with atleast 10,000k).

Along the line the driver started talking plenty,what I believed was a way to wash my head. The driver said that people are wicked,are you sure he(the shabby old man) didn't kill the alhaji? the only way he will leave him is for the shabby guy to share the 1.5million dollars with us.

The lady agreed joined in the discussion. they asked me which tribe, I told them igbo. They said ok. The shabby man started begging that we shouldn't take him to station,that he will share the money but only that he is suspecting there is a charm in the bag because he almost collapsed wen he carried the Ghana must go.

I said in my mind,"i don hear am today" the lady now said she knows an imam in surulere that can neutralize the charm, we all agreed(I had to pretend to them so they don't do something nasty to me) the driver was on top gear so I didn't want to react so I wont be pushed off the cab and there was no traffic imagine!!.

we took a right turn at iyan owerre en-route surulere to see the imam. I Was praying for traffic so I will jump off the cab.

I had noticed the shabby man was so composed and really playing his script well. He looked at me from behind his eye and I pretended not to notice. He was too composed to be scared. we struck traffic at eleganza bustop.

I said to my self oboy now is the time....then on a 2nd thought, let me wait to see if there would be a police check point so I will jump out and shout "ritualist", definitely there would be a hot chase.

My decision didn't pay o! na so so lastma and yellow fever people I dey see.I looked in front the traffic was clearing,we would hit a free major road again. The driver told me to wind the glass up so that okadas wont hear us talking about the money(imagine I be pikin?)immediately I pulled the car door and jumped out!!a camry just pulled up in front of me o,I just flashed back and remembered that the driver had collected my 100 and I didn't want to let go.

I had already drawn attention from passersby and some lastma people.I immediately stood up and chased them,I started banging on the door,I wanted to open the front door to pull the woman out,she immediately locked up,I opened the shabby man's door,luckily it was open,the man just threw out my 100naira and said take your money oo and go wow!!

What an experience.I just boarded a BRT to obalende cms.I'm late for work.(My friend working somewhere in lagos)
Op is this ur real life story , a friend told me this story ystaday claiming it happened to him so this the latest mtn sms I gues
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by beanos(m): 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
@super1759: u get mind dey pursue
N100. What if the old man had opened
the door to dash u one bullet?

My thinking also. Well lucky him.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Guddy(m): 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
This also happened to me in akure on my way to osogbo where I serve. Itwas God that saved me thatday if not I would have been telling a sad story. Please let us inform our friends and relatives cos these men use almost the same script every where.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by eherbal(m): 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2012
babythug: You asked for your N100? shocked
ibo boi na!
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by queenbinteo: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
These people are all over the country. I remembered in 2005 during my NYSC,an IT student in my office was almost a victim in Jos. N they are evrywhre in Ibadan too,UI,UCH,Bodija rd,Ring rd,Liberty rd. I had an encounter wt them on my way to Church this Sunday. Anoda passenger was already boarding and I calld out to her but she refused. That was after I already got down frm their cab. Same ruse for ages n greedy peeps stil fall victim. They are diabolical too
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 02, 2012
uihebom: It happened to me in surulere, 2003 I was going to my mum shop a chubby guy came to meet me that he is looking for soso street, showed me a bible that He's a Christian.that he is a togolese he said he have a full load of container loaded with nokia 3310 from America. That I should help him to look for a particular street that his marketer stays there. He promised me he will give me five 3310 I was all smile. Before I know what happen he called one girl passing by to also help him.I was even like telling him not to involve so many people in dis deal. Not knowing the girl is one of them.I didn't know when we got to there house, its like they were moving out no chair, tables or TV just 2 basins and 2 Ghana must go of black paper in a shape of money. One of them said that those papers are money if we deep them in a chemical inside a basin. They did a trial and the black paper turned to dollars, O boy my head swellow up, even, I no wan talk about the 3310 again na dollars talk I wan dey hear. I was even more desperate than them. One of them suggested we swear so that we won't reveal the deal to someone else. They ask me if my parents have money cos they need enough chemicals from Israel to wash all the dollars.I never knew I've been hypnotize, until it got to my turn to swear immediately I touched the holy bible I don't know how it happened I came to my senses. I started coughing profusely(pretending) one of them quickly went inside the room to get me a glass of water, I told the others with me dat I want to urinate he open the door and pointed outside where dey have there toilet. From there I ran outside I started asking people that where is dis location, they said its orile. I found my way back to my mums shop she said she have been praying seriously for me to come to shop cos she need to go somewhere. I was just sitting down sweating like a chicken that escape Christmas and new years death. My brodas cos of 3310, I for don be past tense by now.
its just like ur talking about Me..dis was exactly wat happened to Me in 2010 o oh boy d three days after dat day was hell for Me o.but thank God I'm alive today
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 17, 2013
sumbodiva: its just like ur talking about Me..dis was exactly wat happened to Me in 2010 o oh boy d three days after dat day was hell for Me o.but thank God I'm alive today

Please explain if you can. I know it's an old thread but I need to know.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Raymondluv(m): 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
Boyoorisha:
Next time don't do that! I have been looking for this opportunity but never came across one. It happened to a close friend, they later agreed to share the dollar( they showed him the dollar in a ghana must go) but it has to be cleansed by a spiritualist with a hundred thousand grin. Now they stroke an agreement that the Dollars would be shared by the percentage of contribution. My friend didn't have money on him and came home to take out of my money hoping to return when he a got his share. They kept on calling him and they later came to where my friend was and collected his 30k.
Next time, just play along and tell them to come for the money. then arrange for police for their arrest
how do dey knw wer ur frnd was is it true der charm
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by xtophy(m): 11:50am On Jan 07, 2016
cc: lala...Please this trend should make fp again...Those people are plenty in abuja nw
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 10, 2019
W

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

High Death Rate On The Lekki Expressway / Three Great People You Would Like To Meet. / Police Arrest Rams For Attacking 65-Year-Old Woman In Ado-Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.