Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? (930 Views)

Cashless VS Sexless Relationships, Which Do You Subscribe? / Do You Subscribe To The 'baby Mama' Trend? / Happy Marriages, Do They Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 12, 2007
recently, i had this argument with a cousin who thought that cross cultural marriages should not be allowed so as to keep our indigenous cultures intact. pls i would like to know your views on cross cultural marriages.

1 Like

Re: Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? by Pain(m): 10:05am On Dec 12, 2007
Culture is A Way of Life. I Tell U This: Even A Marriage to Someone Other Than Yourself Is A Cross Cultural Experience Shelve That Retrogressive Opinion. The World Would Be Better Off Without It. Okay?
Re: Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? by iice(f): 2:46am On Dec 13, 2007
Some people can't, others can. . .
Personally as long as we are along very well. . .
Re: Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? by Kinkinatus(m): 11:56am On Dec 20, 2009
I guess your cousin is not very enlightened. I say this as I am a product of two cultures. Igbo and Ewe. There is richness and diversity in cross culture. At times it works. other times it doesn't. Even the greatest leader of the world's greatest nation is a product of two cultures. Tell your cousin to look around him and get real cross culture permeates the whole world.
Re: Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2009
do i support it? HELL NO!!!!
Re: Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2009
Re: Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? by madlady(f): 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2009
4llerbuntu:

do i support it? HELL NO!!!!

Let me catch you, I will show you "HELL NO".

What do you think will happen, we will spontaneously combust. grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry
Re: Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2009
This is not the 1800s this is the 2000s so ofcourse I subscribe to it.
Re: Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? by H2O2: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2009
That cousin of yours is backwards minded. Involvement in cross-culture marriages should not deter you from maintaining your cultural ties and practices. An emotion as harmless and as rewarding as love should never be discouraged by scare-mongers.
Re: Cross Cultural Marriages: Do You Subscribe To It? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:26pm On Dec 20, 2009
That wasnt me up above there o! grin

So long as this cross cultural thingy is cool with the families, maybe! cool

i sure as hell not gonna marry another tribe where the family don't like me! its very stressful

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can You Tell? / He Does Not Believe Me / Mama Na Boy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.