Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye (13949 Views)

Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech / Reps Have A Genuine Case To Impeach GEJ - PDP / FG And Senate Should Ban Nomadic Cattle Rearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by tintingz(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
A former member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dino Melaye, on Wednesday in Abuja called on the National Assembly to commence processes for the impeachment of President Goodluck Jonathan over the fuel subsidy scam.

According to him, the delay in the prosecution of the suspended Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on fuel subsidy, Mr. Farouk Lawan, and Chairman of Zenon Oil, Mr. Femi Otedola, was a ploy to kill the report of the committee.

Melaye spoke with journalists in his capacity as Executive Director of Anti-Corruption Network, an NGO, after leading protesters from Kogi State to the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke.

He said, “The National Assembly should commence an impeachment process against the President. In last year’s (2011) budget, N277bn was appropriated for subsidy. They ended up spending over N2tn. From where did they get the excess? Who provided the balance?.

“As I speak to you, they have spent the money appropriated for this year’s subsidy. How are they going to pay the balance between now and December?

“NNPC owes over $9bn out of which over 60 per cent was said to have been incurred under the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke. She is also the chairman of the board of NNPC.”

Melaye said the Farouk-Otedola saga had shown that government now used capitalists to set up the legislature in matters of corruption.

He said, “The target is to kill the report of the House of Representatives. Unfortunately Farouk, because of his greed and satanic manifestation, played into their hands.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-nassembly-should-impeach-jonathan-melaye/

1 Like

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Gbawe: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
tintingz: A former member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dino Melaye, on Wednesday in Abuja called on the National Assembly to commence processes for the impeachment of President Goodluck Jonathan over the fuel subsidy scam. According to him, the delay in the prosecution of the suspended Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on fuel subsidy, Mr. Farouk Lawan, and Chairman of Zenon Oil, Mr. Femi Otedola, was a ploy to kill the report of the committee. Melaye spoke with journalists in his capacity as Executive Director of Anti-Corruption Network, an NGO, after leading protesters from Kogi State to the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke. He said, “The National Assembly should commence an impeachment process against the President. In last year’s (2011) budget, N277bn was appropriated for subsidy. They ended up spending over N2tn. From where did they get the excess? Who provided the balance?. “As I speak to you, they have spent the money appropriated for this year’s subsidy. How are they going to pay the balance between now and December?“NNPC owes over $9bn out of which over 60 per cent was said to have been incurred under the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke. She is also the chairman of the board of NNPC.” Melaye said the Farouk-Otedola saga had shown that government now used capitalists to set up the legislature in matters of corruption.He said, “The target is to kill the report of the House of Representatives. Unfortunately Farouk, because of his greed and satanic manifestation, played into their hands.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-nassembly-should-impeach-jonathan-melaye/

Entirely correct perspective. Balanced Nigerians who see the big picture, vis-a-vis the characters involved, can only look on in shame at how majority of Nigerians, with their susceptibility to being 'played', have once again been divided and conquered easily to the extent they only fight each other while taking side with one crook (Lawan) or the other (Otedola) with the substantive issue now forgotten i.e bringing to book the fuel subsidy scammers and all those involved in getting Nigeria to this pathetic and laughable situation where billions are stolen with the Government only able to dance around in a macabre and impotent fashion.

Anyway, from discussions on NL so far regarding the saga, it is 'mission accomplished' for the corrupt Nigerian Government. Corruption wins.

6 Likes

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by nduchucks: 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
Gbawe:

Entirely correct perspective. Balanced Nigerians who see the big picture, vis-a-vis the characters involved, can only look on in shame at how majority of Nigerians, with their susceptibility to being 'played', have once again been divided and conquered easily to the extent they only fight each other while taking side with one crook (Lawan) or the other (Otedola) with the substantive issue now forgotten i.e bringing to book the fuel subsidy scammers and all those involved in getting Nigeria to this pathetic and laughable situation where billions are stolen with the Government only able to dance around in a macabre and impotent fashion.

Anyway, from discussions on NL so far regarding the saga, it is 'mission accomplished' for the corrupt Nigerian Government. Corruption wins.

^^^100
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by blacksta(m): 2:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
Anybody with the right thinking pattern can clearly see the hand writing on the wall. The fact remains, the fuel subsidy scam was clearly a way of financing the Gej election and unfortunately nobody is going to be prosecuted unless you like giving yourselves mental masturbation. The ultimate question remains why was it that under GEJ that the number of fuel importers increased from a mere number under 10 to over 100 companies and most of them with serious ties to the GEJ administration.

This Farouk/Otedola comedy is just another distraction in the attempt to bury the report in the cemetery of previous probe reports.

5 Likes

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by duality(m): 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
unfortunately a national assembly stinking of bribes can't do nothing. a nas where every public hearing has a bribe scandal attached to it is more incompetent than the presidency. i challenge any member of nas to raise the motion of impeachment; if he/she will survive 1 week in the house. Dino forgot he was at a time sent on exile by bankole when he was in the house.

1 Like

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by jamace(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
Nigerian leaders have failed Nigerians.

And the greatest offender is GEJ who has condoned looting of treasury with pride. I don't know what manner of a man GEJ is, that he will go aborrowing abroad and only for him to bring the money for looters, and he will happily go aborrowing again. I see GEJ's mentality as a man with a basket trying to fill a drum with water.

Judgement will come upon ALL our leaders in not long a time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
LOL . . . I laugh everytime I remember how Goodluck Jonathan described his "hands-off" approach to fighting corruption in the system during, and after the last election campaigns. People cheered him and now what we see is exactly what he described. Why are we complaining? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by BeraBera(f): 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
Mr Dino Melaye is just being disgruntled because he's no longer in power. He's just a busy-body scratching here & there looking 4 Jonathan this, Jonathan that. Investigations and the probe are still on and proper prosecutions would be made at d appropriate time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by folex101: 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hon. Dino, why do you like to always gain cheap popularity by pulling down the Government......you were once a member of the house, what did you do to better the lots of the country and people from your immediate constituency....

2 Likes

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
BeraBera: Mr Dino Melaye is just being disgruntled because he's no longer in power. He's just a busy-body scratching here & there looking 4 Jonathan this, Jonathan that. Investigations and the probe are still on and proper prosecutions would be made at d appropriate time.
u need τ̅o be shot! Typical mentality of a corrupt soul.

4 Likes

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Gbawe: 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2012
BeraBera: Mr Dino Melaye is just being disgruntled because he's no longer in power. He's just a busy-body scratching here & there looking 4 Jonathan this, Jonathan that. Investigations and the probe are still on and proper prosecutions would be made at d appropriate time.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I only have one question for you Mr. twenty-posts-all-devoted-to-glorifying-the-government-and attacking-it's-perceived-enemies.

[size=14pt]Do you guys get to keep the laptops El Rufai spoke about ? [/size]

12 Likes

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I only have one question for you Mr. twenty-posts-all-devoted-to-glorifying-the-government-and attacking-it's-perceived-enemies.

Yes. He must be one of them
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by peteromale: 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2012
Only God can save us in this country from these corrupt politicians.
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by sureboykris(m): 4:46pm On Jul 05, 2012
folex101: Hon. Dino, why do you like to always gain cheap popularity by pulling down the Government......you were once a member of the house, what did you do to better the lots of the country and people from your immediate constituency....
guy if U̶̲̥̅̊ ve nothing to say just shut d Bleep up. Yo shud be hanged

1 Like

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
When he was busy stealing our money in the huz of reps he didn't talk. If I were GEJ I will prosecute this man to the last
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by lacasa: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
Gbawe:

i doubt they do

cool
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by BeraBera(f): 4:50pm On Jul 05, 2012
Gbawe:

Hahahahaha grin I laugh @ u and ur ignorance. 4 ur information, I'm far bigger than that, okay. I'm only saying d truth. If indeed laptops, u can go and meet elrufai to illegally allocate to u a plot of land in Abuja, as usual. Then u can sell d land and buy ur self a laptop. tongue
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by kennytidistar(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
melaye is a clown

3 Likes

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
folex101: Hon. Dino, why do you like to always gain cheap popularity by pulling down the Government......you were once a member of the house, what did you do to better the lots of the country and people from your immediate constituency....

I guess you are one of the enemy of progress of this country. When corruption cannot be questioned anymore that means the country is on the verge of collapse economically because this corrupt people will steal the present and future.
Dino Melaiye is notable than you so rule out cheap publicity
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Beaf: 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2012
This is just another silly shot at cheap publicity. Was it not the same Dino Melaye who danced in public at the news of Farouks misfortunes?
Why then is he suddenly changing tune?

Personally, I'm sick and tired of the shipwreck called the House of Rep and all its inhabitants, from Farouk to Dino Melaye. They are all criminals with consciences for sale to the highest bidder.

2 Likes

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by nagoma(m): 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2012

Sounds familiar but the name looks different.
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Mallamabdul: 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2012
Dino has always been against GEJ, and I do t even know who appointed him as executive of the NGO, how can a corrupt person lead such group? The reasons I see here are not substantial enough and I see no truth in them, cos GEJ is not in position to sack Lawan, what has the house done about it. Dino should get some rest.
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Mandelaguy(m): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
I used to have a lot of respect for Dino and El Rufai,till I found out that both are misleading fools seeking cheap popularity and calling us all fools for having short memory. Has anyone come out to say that the subsidy probe is null and void? The other day,we all saw that the figure Farogue committe gave us was far below what was stolen from us, do we rush and take the Farogue tampered report and allow the others to go scot free,or do we dig out the last facts and get our refunds and prosecute accordingly? Nigerians should not allow themselves to be deceived by actors and bitter politicians,if we must do this subsidy thing well,we must patiently get it right this time because all of us will e laughing stocks if after 2 weeks hastily acting and concluding,another subsidy money theft issue arise. Nigerians,be wise!
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by dedeike: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
Basket mouth don start to leak again ooo. What is Dino blabbing about again? Fuel subsidy scam? Which report? Facrook's report? Look at his contradiction. How can you call for the prosecution of Lawan and turn round to say that the substance of the tainted report shud be upheld. Is that not crasy? From the conversation drama and all that has transpired between Farouk and Otedola, is there any sense of propriety left in calling for the implementation of a report emanating therefrom? Shouldn't we rather wait for a more decent probe by the senate which is ongoing? Or the AIG Imoukhede report wnich discovered so many illegalities in the subsidy regime which Farouk& co hid. Who is Dino melaye to lead an anti graft campaign? maybe he thinks we're fools or suffering from amnesia in this country. This is a man who shamelessly fought openly and defended Patricia Etteh for her 625 m graft. When I confronted him with this allegation on twitter, he shamefully responded that Etteh did not steal. I now asked him, what did Etteh do then? Attempted stealing? So in Dino's mind, there's nothing wrong with Etteh's scam and you want me take this man serious.

1 Like

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Beaf: 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2012
This is the same Dino Melaye dancing outside at the news of Farouks problems.
Now he is involved in twisting the truth too. What a clown!
Maybe dollars don enter cap again, jare! grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/730845_melaye_jpg273a6063d7958ef0900d30aae7dabeba

1 Like

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by jason123: 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2012

Its so funny how all of you registered on Nairaland around the same time ( between 19th to 30 of june 2012). Bloody paid agents!!! angry angry angry

10 Likes

Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by VEE2010(m): 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
My problem with Nigeria politician seems to take a singular pattern. An average Nigeria Politician would always turn out to be a saint over night when once he loses an election. Dino Malaye is a PDP member who choose to walk into another party because he needed to win a do-or-die election. He started this anti-government campaign to gain cheap popularity because, he lost an election. However, am not trying to condemn his campaign for corruption free nation but, I can't trust him for doing this now. He may just be doing it for his own selfish reason(s). Who knows what will happen next if they eventually call him to have his own share of the national cake. In a nutshell, followers should be careful of these so-called politicians. Most of them are wove in goat's skin or better put, Chameleon. I will never trust anyone. Imagine Farouk whom I used to respect so much.
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Bukkyade: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2012
See thief dey talk, dino Abeg go sleep. These guys are all the same, when they are in government they see no crime,once they are out they see all the bad things in government.is this not bitterness of the heart?
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by maigaskiya1: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2012
pls ask d idiot.ds d same man dat bribed madam speaker wit a brand new suv 2 mak hm chairman of appropiatn comite bt d woman refusd dat lead 2 hm 2 mak her an enemy.any politican dat trund saint 2dy is a product of frustratn out of power.hoples man
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Beaf: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
jason123:

Its so funny how all of you registered on Nairaland around the same time ( between 19th to 30 of june 2012). Bloody paid agents!!! angry angry angry

I'm sure all you fools simply retort "paid agents," because you are neither intelligent enough, nor have the morals to contribute to any topic without being logically discombobulated.
You come across as unwashed animals, NURTW types who assault our refined intellects with your crass stup!dity and contort Nairaland into a fools paradise.

Contribute with intelligence or shut the phuck up. angry
Re: Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye by Akanbiedu(m): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
Gbawe:

[size=20pt]LMAO[/size]

Question of the day bro. They can't even hire people with brains to do it. I guess this job is ijawlized too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NASS Crisis: Buhari Set To Meet Dogara, Gbajabiamila / Nigerians Are The Most Educated Immigrants In The Us. / Ahmad Addresses Akpabio's Confessional Statement On Election Rigging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.