Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,905 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? (2332 Views)

Are Nigerian Web Devs Scared Of Java? / Pros And Cons Of Java / Beginners - Learn Android Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? by Dotman14: 8:54am On Jul 27, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I started learning Java Language some few weeks ago, and I'm also planning to take on Android Programming at some point. My questions are as follows :

1) At what stage do you think I should start trying out Android Programming. As it is now, I'm just above the basics in my Java. I have a good working knowledge of PHP/MySQL/CSS/HTML, Oracle and a bit of Linux.

2) I used Netbeans for my Java Dev. Eventually when I start doing Android, I'll have to download Android SDK mos def, are this two all I need for Android Programming.?

Thank you for your answers and opinions, I most appreciate them.
Re: What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? by logica(m): 12:52am On Jul 28, 2012
Android programming is almost like programming for J2SE. The only difference are the GUI components. You can almost directly convert a J2SE application directly into an Android application. The only components you will likely need to replace are the GUI components.
Re: What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
Anymore?? cry
Re: What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? by GideonG(m): 2:02am On Sep 26, 2013
Go ahead with Android, from your explanations I sensed you are ready to go!
Re: What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? by xprimate(m): 5:39am On Sep 26, 2013
you need a good understanding of polymorphism and trying programming java with Eclipse because the android ADT is in Eclipse
Re: What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? by mashnino(m): 9:33am On Sep 26, 2013
I would advice you to switch to eclipse... Its more convenient dre... And you need the Internet... Infact u need stack overflow... Cos u will get stock most times but it doesn't mean u dnt knw anyfng.. It means u re heading there... And u need to know hw to read the log cat error and pin point the main error in ur code.. Without dat no one will be able to help..... Good luck man
Re: What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? by swiftguy1: 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
What level? I think average, maybe slightly above. Android development kit comes with Eclipse, hopefully, having used Netbeans, you shouldn't find that too difficult to use. Cheers.
Re: What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? by talk2hb1(m): 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
I think the most challenging part in learning java is understanding the OOP concept, the rest is more of learning how to plug one class with another.
Then you should be able to pick any branch of Java. Android is even simpler than you can imagine since its a framework, and finally get ready to get your hand dirty using xml if you have never played with it before.
Regard Habeeb Salami
Re: What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? by abubaka101: 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
talk2hb1: I think the most challenging part in learning java is understanding the OOP concept, the rest is more of learning how to plug one class with another.
Then you should be able to pick any branch of Java. Android is even simpler than you can imagine since its a framework, and finally get ready to get your hand dirty using xml if you have never played with it before.
Regard Habeeb Salami
Ur correct. And for Android u need that a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Java And Bluetooth Projects / NOUN PORTAL Nouonline.net, A Case Of Very Bad Design / Web Development Opportunity In Python And Django

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.