Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? (6136 Views)

I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? / Business Idea That I Can Start With 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by jce(f): 2:11pm On Jul 27, 2012
Pls what kind of business can a woman start up with 500K in Lagos thanks
Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by afrobaby(f): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
THinking of d same thing but I guess I may consider retails store, the only fear I hae is the rent and oda required things, possibly one shud just budget the 500K for goods alone

1 Like

Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by seun0622(m): 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
@op

with that amount ,i can set up a profitable cyber cafe for you.send me ur mail address,i will send a free biz proposal and cost analysis to you. My number is 08063900409.
Regards.
Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by mikkyangel(m): 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
There is this hair saloon at my street,each time I walk pass there,it is always filled up,..wanna know y? because its a hair saloon that also has other eye catching products for women(most of them imported)...eg perfumes,marry k,brazilian hair, shoes ,bags, et. Etal...my advice is u look for a spacious shop in a startegic location and set up the hair saloon, after that,try and see if u got some one outside n9ja who can regulary supply u other stuff u can sell while making money frm d hair runs.
Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by PapaBrowne(m): 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
To decide what kind of business to start and be successful at it, you must consider a few things.
Your skill set: What have you got training for. Not just academic training but also experiential training. What are you very good at? What do you excel most in?
Your personality type: Your personality type would go a long way in impacting on the success of any business you choose to involve in. Extroverts do better at marketing. Introverts are better at administration.
Your Networks: What can you offer your friends, Family and acquaintances. These people would naturally form your first clients.
Your environment: Your environment must have use for the product or service you are offering. You cannot sell winter jackets in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by ymomoh: 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
you can consider going into oil & gas biz,which is very lucrative if you have the required rudiments.first choose a company name and register it with C.A.C,if you haven't got,that cost you about #25,000,then buy my reloaded oil & gas biz simplified package,this cost you #15,000.after which you boldly step on to the market with say #350,000 and your over 80% profit margin is certain. interested? call 08054810735

1 Like

Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by afrobaby(f): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
I find it very disgusting when people ask for opinions and the next thing u see is email addresses or phone numbers of some scammers for biz ideas or eooks, smh

8 Likes

Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by successgenny: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
WELCOME YOU TO LIFE TO *LIFE INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION*(Giving to Life a Better Life).By joining us you enjoy a lot of benefits(very generous platform).
*HOW IT WORKS*
You register with a one time payment of N8000($40)
The system requires you to sign up just 2 people and enjoy the following at all levels:
*Starter Level*
-cash N3000
-Starter pack worth N3000

*Level 1*
-cash N29,000
-food items worth N30,000
-Skill Acquisition kit worth-N40,000
- Android phone or cash-20,000

*Level 2*
-cash N88,000
-food items worth N100,000
-Ipad Or Laptop or LED TV etc worth-N150,000

*Level 3*
-cash N190,000
-food items worth N150,000
- All expense trip to Dubai or Mecca or Jerusalem worth a N1m or take cash-N400,000
-Travel Allowance-N $1000
-Passport Allowance -N50,000

*Level 4*
- cash N340,000
- Salon Car or cash-N3,500,000

*Level 5*
- cash N510,000
-SUV or cash of N4,200,000
-Charity bonus N200,000
-Loan-N1,000,000

*Level 6*
- cash N430,000
-House fund N6,000,000
-Monthly Allowance-N100,000
Loan-N2,000,000

You also enjoy these:
-Loans without interest and collatral
-Skill acquisition training
-Free medical care
And many more
*All these benefits with just N8,000
*The system has auto placement you get spill-over from anywhere.

�����For info �����

����You can follow us on ����
call Or WhatsApp: 08036519511
Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by biz1234: 5:57am On Aug 17, 2012
If you have an idea and the determination to succeed, then starting an internet business might just be the best path to tread. It very lucrative and it requires much less capital to start.
Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by freaklyme(m): 10:25am On Sep 18, 2013
My input to your post .Can we become business partner ?? I have some business idea that u can invest such Money but I will revail everything on Nairaland ohh.
Hedges is my name.I T Expert,professional Photographer,Business Enthusiast. Having had 5 years of Experience in this field of Businesses,I v been able to start up to some level.Capital has always been on a low side which has not help in the total turnaround.I am looking for someone who is willing to invest into the Business with turnover of 80 to 100k monthly.Let's meet and both plan this out.08088348107,vanesabill@gmail.com
Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by Osama10(m): 11:13am On Sep 21, 2013
tonyanthony76: you can try this my idea, download and read the file below and see if you will like to read more of it, contact me back at digitbuilder@yahoo.com

freaklyme: My input to your post .Can we become business partner ?? I have some business idea that u can invest such Money but I will revail everything on Nairaland ohh.
Hedges is my name.I T Expert,professional Photographer,Business Enthusiast. Having had 5 years of Experience in this field of Businesses,I v been able to start up to some level.Capital has always been on a low side which has not help in the total turnaround.I am looking for someone who is willing to invest into the Business with turnover of 80 to 100k monthly.Let's meet and both plan this out.08088348107,vanesabill@gmail.com

ymomoh: you can consider going into oil & gas biz,which is very lucrative if you have the required rudiments.first choose a company name and register it with C.A.C,if you haven't got,that cost you about #25,000,then buy my reloaded oil & gas biz simplified package,this cost you #15,000.after which you boldly step on to the market with say #350,000 and your over 80% profit margin is certain. interested? call 08054810735

seun0622: @op

with that amount ,i can set up a profitable cyber cafe for you.send me ur mail address,i will send a free biz proposal and cost analysis to you. My number is 08063900409.
Regards.

The OP has asked for a business idea and you all are dropping phone numbers/emails addresses, if you are real state your idea here.
Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by zogo(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
You can give Snail Farming a trial: You dnt need #500k to start this business; With only #20k you can start a small scale; Snail Farming business: what you need is the right TOOL & INFORMATION

Discover all you need to know on practical Heliculture (Snail Farming) busines. Morever; its a part time business which you can do right from your backyard.

Get full details here; www.snailfarmingng..com

I will see U @ the top!
Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by moretingy(f): 11:46pm On Sep 29, 2013
jce: Pls what kind of business can a woman start up with 500K in Lagos thanks

Its lovely you are a woman, what are you passionate about,what drives you, what makes you curious and what can keep you awake at night,when you really give all these a thout it will narrow down what you want, because when all else fails,then your passion carries you thru. SEM
Re: Ideas Needed: What Business Can A Woman Start Up With 500K? by TheSparrow: 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
There are several businesses you can start and run profitably in Nigeria. Below are four that readily comes to mind:

1. Rice Milling: One of the best businesses one can venture into in Nigeria today is parboiled rice production (Rice Milling).

Nigerians currently consume over 5 million metric tons, which is equivalent to over 100 million 50Kg bags of rice annually. With the current population growth rate of Nigeria, the consumption of rice is estimated to reach about 35 million metric tons (700 million 50Kg bags) by the year 2050.

There is high demand for rice in Nigeria. With a population of over 180 million people and an estimated national population growth rate of 5.7% per annum ,an average economic growth rate of 3.5% per annum in the past five {5} years, Nigeria has a large and growing market for rice.

As it stands, the current producers of good quality rice in the country cannot even meet up to 50% of the current demand. This is the reason why the market is flooded with poorly produced and low quality rice.

New entrants into the rice milling industry that can produce good quality parboiled rice will have an evergreen market waiting to be sold to.

2. Drinking Water Production: Another good business that does very well in Nigeria is drinking water production (Bottled water and Sachet Water).

The growth of the middle class in Africa in general, and Nigeria to be specific, has led to a need for hygienically produced and well packaged food products like bottled water.

The market for packaged water is high and cut across all parts of the country. With a population of over one hundred and eighty million (180,000,000) people, and an estimated national population growth is 5.7% per annum, Nigeria has a large and sustainable market for packaged water.

3. Poultry Farming: Poultry farming is yet another business that gives good returns on investment.

Poultry farming has risen to become one of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria today. This aspect of livestock farming, if set-up and managed properly, provides legitimate continuous income for entrepreneurs within a short period of time. There are over 160 million consumers in Nigeria and over one billion in Africa. This provides a large, growing and sustainable market for poultry farmers in Nigeria, and Africa in general.

4. Pounded Yam Flour Production: Pounded yam flour is another product that you can chose the invest in its production.

Pounded yam is a popular delicacy produced from boiled yam tubers, and is consumed by many people across Africa. However, a lot of people, especially the middle class find it difficult to prepare pounded yam the traditional way which involves boiling yam, pounding it in a mortar using a piston, until it becomes a succulent dough.

The growth of the middle class in Africa in general, and Nigeria to be specific, has led to a need for hygienically processed, easy to prepare and well packaged food products like yam flour.

You can read more about these businesses via the links below:

1. Rice Milling Business In Nigeria

2. Bottled Water Production In Nigeria

3. Starting A Poultry Farming Business In Nigeria

4. Pounded Yam flour production in nigeria

Wishing you all the best in your quest.

(1) (Reply)

How To Tell If A Brahmin Bag Is Replica? / How Much Is Nairaland Worth If Lindaikeji Worth 3.1 Billion? / Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.